facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 3, 2016, 07:16 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Default A fan's promise for 2016

Mahmudullah's post match interview struck a chord in my heart. I remembered how much i disliked him after that 2012 final loss to Pakistan. How he couldnt get those 9 runs..how all of us shed tears that night.

To hear him speak about it in 2016 after scoring that boundary made me realize the mental weight this poor guy carried with him for so many years. The burden of disappointing millions of fans. He wanted to win it for us back then just like an Arafat Sunny or a Mithun or a Nurul wants to win it for us in this tournament. These are human beings with flesh and blood and i forgot that in my sense of entitlement as a fan. I felt ashamed and i promise today not to be harsh towards any of these guys anymore. Anyone else wanting to join me can make a stand in this thread. Let us change our ways and not be hurtful towards our cricketers. Constructive and respectful criticism is the way forward
Old March 3, 2016, 07:41 AM
Banned

We all judged Imrul Kayes but in the end his 310 run stand helped us draw to pak
Old March 3, 2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanglaNAus
We all judged Imrul Kayes but in the end his 310 run stand helped us draw to pak
We? I don't.

He is a wonderful person and has a great soul. I am a big fan of Imu.
BUT, he plays crap in T20!
Old March 3, 2016, 09:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Thank you Jadukor I am sure these words mean a lot to Riyad if he ever ends up reading this...
Old March 3, 2016, 09:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Action speaks louder
Old March 3, 2016, 09:33 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Wonderful thread Jadukor. I wholeheartedly agree. You're right, Riyad's remark really resonated with me too...
Old March 3, 2016, 09:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Everyone plays according to their capability. We can't ask why Nasir is not like Shakib. We hype up everyone before debut but not everyone will turn out to be successful. Our players are the products of our system. In that sense they have exceeded our expectations.
Old March 3, 2016, 09:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Always have been a fan of riyad...even my brother who is a die hard Windies fan likes him...I first saw him when he made his test debut in the Caribbean and took a five-fer...I still rate that innings against England in the 2011 world cup as one of his best...that day I cried like a little baby with tears of joy....then his back to back tons in the last WC just showed how much he can adapt to a role....he's a 100% team guy just like he mentioned yesterday....his place in this team along with Mithun was one of the most debatable topics in BC over the past weeks...after his contribution against SL which took Bangladesh to a respectable score, the feeling here started to shift towards Riyad...and after his innings yesterday when I cried again with tears of joy...I see no reason to throw him in the gutters with insults and name-calling (sissy)...he's a team man, he's working on his game really hard..his bowling deliver crucial wickets...and in some other thread I made an assumption and said that he is on par with shakib as an all rounder.....he's just a classical type of player whom I admire ever since that 09 Caribbean tour.

But as a player, he's subjected to criticism...which will never go away. Riyad takes criticism away and plays cricket the way he's been playing all the time...under pressure.
Old March 3, 2016, 01:01 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Spoke my mind heart liver kidney everything. We support whoever wears that red and green jersey and back them. Been saying it all along.
Getting a chance in the national team specially in this era is a big achievement even if the player is found out to be not good enough for international cricket. And people here mock A guy who is serving the country for 15 years, giving his all knowing he will end up in wheel chairs after few years. We got people who curse Shakib after few bad matches and question his commitment.
I want to thank jadukor vi wholeheartedly for this wonderful thread and I want to use this platform to request all fellow members that you may criticise the selection all u want but when 11 players get in the field, back them! Sometimes they will succed, sometimes they will fail to deliver. Sometimes they will find form, sometimes they will suffer from lack of it. Sometimes you will be dissapointed, hurt but dont forget the beautiful moments and joy they have given us.
As you celebrate when they win, support them when they lose. Remember, the moment you are cursing a player, may be he is crying in the locker room. When you are cursing a fielder for missing a catch, be sure he is cursing himself more. Yes you are hurt but they are the ones who are hurt the most.
How many times have you seen in the history of cricket that the players crying the way they cried after 2012 Asia cup?
And we still question their commitment. I say we are lucky that we have got such wonderful players who give 200% in the field.
They already have the burden of the expectations of millions of die hard fans. Try to support them and help take off little bit of that burden, not add on it by cursing and abusing. Please.
Old March 3, 2016, 04:30 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Riyad really won me over..we fans are too emotional and forget that this is just a game
Old March 3, 2016, 05:01 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Well said Jadukar Bhai!
Old March 3, 2016, 05:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Mahmudullah's post match interview struck a chord in my heart. I remembered how much i disliked him after that 2012 final loss to Pakistan. How he couldnt get those 9 runs..how all of us shed tears that night.

To hear him speak about it in 2016 after scoring that boundary made me realize the mental weight this poor guy carried with him for so many years. The burden of disappointing millions of fans. He wanted to win it for us back then just like an Arafat Sunny or a Mithun or a Nurul wants to win it for us in this tournament. These are human beings with flesh and blood and i forgot that in my sense of entitlement as a fan. I felt ashamed and i promise today not to be harsh towards any of these guys anymore. Anyone else wanting to join me can make a stand in this thread. Let us change our ways and not be hurtful towards our cricketers. Constructive and respectful criticism is the way forward
I actually missed the post match interview. Any links anyone?