facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 23, 2012, 06:04 AM
First Class Cricketer

Now back to the game, well what can i say guys? the tigers were well and truly tamed today i'm afraid!!, Samuels was top class and i knew once Shiv got in he would make it count, my original aim was just to get a 150 lead, now i'm sure we must be looking for at least 250 by lunch tomorrow, with Shiv there anything is possible, we push it to 275-300 then you have to say the Tigers are gonna be a spot of bother,

Also well done to young Bravo, a lot of talk about Pujara right now but this kid has four tons away from home thus far and is younger than him, also has a way more attractive style, whenever bangla bat it's gonna be very interesting to see how our spinners get on, i expect our pacers to take wickets but the spinners have been average thus far so i hope they can step up in the second innings, the commentators before the game said that turn should come by day 4 so we're gonna see about that.

It must have been painful from a bangla fans perspective to watch that but really this is nothing new, we done it to Sri-lanka HERE and we done it to India HERE , and on both occasions the teams were pretty much begging us to stop batting , we've also scored 522 vs NZ and 426 in England, both coming in our last two series, although we do know how to collapse aswell , but these big scores are becoming the norm for us tbh, whether we bat first or second.

Old November 23, 2012, 06:06 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

The Bangladesh team surprisingly have no shame. Prepare sporting wickets otherwise these kind of scores against us will continue and we'll never win a test match.
Old November 23, 2012, 07:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

now can our bullshit big mouth batsman like Tamim and others shut the mouth and learn to perform, they should have shame themselves when player like samules can hit double ton who is very attacking and aggressive batsman than mr. omuk and tomuk. I hate when some our ramcghols always say this is my style, my style my foot don't you think players like Samules or hyden or gilchrist are where less aggressive then you mr cow dung. What you need is commitment and responsibility for the team. How can those world class players adjust themselves on any version cause those players know how to put value on their wicket for their country,, they don't play for fun or amusement for themselves rather professionally they apply themselves on every game, adapt themselves for next challenge for their country cause they know they are representing their country. you wanna be world class then act accordingly, stop saying bullshits this is my style or that is the way I play, who cares how you play if you don't bring any good results for your country for which reason you are selected to national team, not for your amusement, then you should have chiriyakhana there lock yourself and play with monkeys not in the national squad. I hope in second innings you bunch of idiots prove us wrong that you deserve your place in national squad !!!....
Old November 23, 2012, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Ei score dekhar por manoshikbhabe bhenge pora chara kichui korar nai. But this was expected - they wanted a 250 run lead and with the idiots we have bowling for us, we knew there would be no stopping them. Our batsmen won't play to save the match, because they aren't good enough. We will lose by an inning, or ten wickets if we're very lucky.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old November 23, 2012, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
now can our bullshit big mouth batsman like Tamim and others shut the mouth and learn to perform, they should have shame themselves when player like samules can hit double ton who is very attacking and aggressive batsman than mr. omuk and tomuk. I hate when some our ramcghols always say this is my style, my style my foot don't you think players like Samules or hyden or gilchrist are where less aggressive then you mr cow dung. What you need is commitment and responsibility for the team. How can those world class players adjust themselves on any version cause those players know how to put value on their wicket for their country,, they don't play for fun or amusement for themselves rather professionally they apply themselves on every game, adapt themselves for next challenge for their country cause they know they are representing their country. you wanna be world class then act accordingly, stop saying bullshits this is my style or that is the way I play, who cares how you play if you don't bring any good results for your country for which reason you are selected to national team, not for your amusement, then you should have chiriyakhana there lock yourself and play with monkeys not in the national squad. I hope in second innings you bunch of idiots prove us wrong that you deserve your place in national squad !!!....
This is a very good post, the best I've read in a while. I'll print it out, laminate it, put it up on the wall above my bed and read it every night before I go to bed.

Amader batsman der fazlamir ekta limit ase. Mair er upor oshudh nai, kintu mair ta dibo keda? Jurgensen nijei to bhua coach.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old November 23, 2012, 07:49 AM
Cricket Savant

shaan >> Zeeshan

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 23, 2012, 07:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

So I woke up this morning expecting the score to be around 500 but to see the score at 564/4 is just simply amazing stuff from our batsmen. Congrats to Samuels on that double ton and 260 but he missed out on an easy triple here. Chanders as usual showing his class and getting another century, not surprised by that one. I hope we move on tomorrow morning and hopefully declare between 650 - 700.
Old November 23, 2012, 08:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Another humilating innings defeat is waiting for us . I did not watch last night , I was expecting this type of score ! Last night I watched Indian newcomer Pujara's batting , BD batsmen should learn from him
Old November 23, 2012, 09:31 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Politics is ruining Bangladesh's Cricket! we have to sort out our domestic structure fast! and sort out our pitches and no more flat ones otherwise we will always lose. Us fans do not deserve this.
Old November 23, 2012, 10:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

the difference between a Windies fan for example DMan and us is that if the matches were taking place in W.I., we wouldn't sleep at night and watch the full match whereas DMan goes to sleep every night. I think we give our team too much value. From next time, we all fans should sleep at night whenever a game is on.
Old November 23, 2012, 10:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
Another humilating innings defeat is waiting for us . I did not watch last night , I was expecting this type of score ! Last night I watched Indian newcomer Pujara's batting , BD batsmen should learn from him
Sorry to burst your bubble, as a BD fan if you think "learn" is something our player understands and able to acheive, than you have failed to folow BD cricket too closely.
Old November 23, 2012, 10:17 AM
Test Cricketer

This test should server as the last nail in our test coffin.
We fan, the player as well as the whole country must accept that we are not going to be test material any time soon.
We are not getting any better. When we score 400+ in an innings and we think that this is an achievement for us, than the opposition scores 650+ and makes it look so easy.
We suck big time.
Old November 23, 2012, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

We should stick to danguli and kana machi bho bho. Even shaat chara might be too intense for these sissies.
Old November 23, 2012, 10:28 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
the difference between a Windies fan for example DMan and us is that if the matches were taking place in W.I., we wouldn't sleep at night and watch the full match whereas DMan goes to sleep every night. I think we give our team too much value. From next time, we all fans should sleep at night whenever a game is on.
Well i've been watching the matches from start to finish so perhaps he's in the minority?
Old November 23, 2012, 10:31 AM
Test Cricketer

We should stop playing cricket and focus on what we do best, go after anyone who criticizes our cricket, like Schwag, Cricinfo, Boycott and his mom.
Old November 23, 2012, 10:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Don't blame DMan for not watching, who wants to ruin a good night sleep by watching some high school kids who don't have any clue playing a real test playing nation like WI!
Old November 23, 2012, 11:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
That is the problem with many of our fans. Because of a fanbase that constitute folks like DMan, their players would feel they need to earn their keeps/respect/love/following, whereas our players take things for granted, like the spoiled only child who knows at the end of the day he'll get whatever he wants from his parents.
Old November 23, 2012, 11:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1
Don't blame DMan for not watching, who wants to ruin a good night sleep by watching some high school kids who don't have any clue playing a real test playing nation like WI!

I was actually watching the game up until lunch time which is 1:30 AM here in the Caribbean, so I did wake out for the match somewhat.
Old November 23, 2012, 11:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
We should stick to danguli and kana machi bho bho. Even shaat chara might be too intense for these sissies.
I thought they were good in Kabadi but now they lose to Gana. Danguli and Kana machi bho bho and shaat chara against Uae
Old November 23, 2012, 11:45 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
Mr Pont, i find your posts very informative, i'd love to know what your views are about WI? we've struggled for a long time since we ruled the world back in the golden era but little by little we seem to be getting things together, from what you're seeing do you think we have the potential to be one of the better teams again?.
West Indies have started to play as a team (remember the player revolt when they put out a third string side - ironically against BD in the Caribbean?)

Under Ottis they are finally accepting that the sums of it's parts are greater than the whole sometimes, meaning a team can achieve much by being united and playing for the badge and shirt - not for themselves.

WI for such a long time had an issue with this due to the 1976-1990 world domination from it's fast bowlers and attacking batsmen. They thought it was a 'given' to be great. But they are realising that hard work and preparation count for far more than talent. And with some fresh faces, good players and a great work ethic, they are now starting to reap the rewards.

I also think that with Toby Radford as batting coach, they are learning to bat for long periods of time, as well as be able to score fast (when they need to in T20 and ODIs).

I see only good things for WI from now. They need to develop their pace attack to be more penetrating but otherwise have an upward curve. New Zealand would do well to copy the WI approach as they too need to rebuild once again.

I am afraid that Bangladesh by comparison are being left even further adrift from the pack, and despite 12 years of opportunities, are still not competing and even getting close draws often enough.

With Ireland bulldozing towards Test status and Zimbabwe in a rebuilding phase, things will be very tough at the bottom.
Old November 23, 2012, 11:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
How about "gama mara"? Did your generation ever do that?

For those who don't know this game, here's the basic idea:

You and someone you know come to a mutual agreement to become "gama buddies" and select a single trigger word or phrase. Whenever someone utters the aforesaid word or phrase, you can slap him across the face, or hit him on his back, or kick him in the nuts HARD as per the agreement. There's a catch. Once a "gama buddy" always a gama buddy. The agreement comes to an end only when one of you dies. I know people in their 50s and 60s still playing this game in secret.

Pit'he jore kil mara is the most popular blow, followed by a slap across the face.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 23, 2012, 11:54 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

WI needs pont as their bowling coach..with their new team they'll be better then the 70s team!..in ian ponts guidance roach,best,M dillon,rampaul,edwards would become world beaters( they already are but pont would be able to unlock the hidden power within them)...5 years from now WI fans would say malcom who? roberts who?
Old November 23, 2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
WI needs pont as their bowling coach..with their new team they'll be better then the 70s team!..in ian ponts guidance roach,best,M dillon,rampaul,edwards would become world beaters( they already are but pont would be able to unlock the hidden power within them)...5 years from now WI fans would say malcom who? roberts who?
Hmmmm.. my sarcasm radar just went off
Old November 23, 2012, 12:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

What are we gaining by playing these sorts of one off test series other than humiliating defeat?
Old November 23, 2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
What are we gaining by playing these sorts of one off test series other than humiliating defeat?
Not sure what the option is? A 5-0 humiliation against Top 4 teams instead?

I don't feel that until BD starts to actually win some series.... even one at home.... will anyone wish to play big Test series against BD that have little meaning for those teams other than to boost averages.

Test cricket is meant to be exactly that.. a TEST. If you are part of the exclusive Test club, you would expect each side to be a Test for each other in some way.

The option, which you might be alluding to, is to not play any Test matches at all. Losing Test status is not an option for BD as it would have a devastating effect for cricket in the country.