facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 17, 2017, 03:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
That title goes to the Akmal brothers, hands down. No question about that!
LOL, I remember Shoaib Akhtar saying in some TV program , that Akmal brothers were more like goal keepers behind the wicket 😂

Old July 17, 2017, 03:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

We have a playground term for this in Australia

What a Head!
Old July 17, 2017, 05:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

If this was Mashrafe or Shakib at the receiving end of these comments then the reactions would have been 180 degree different.

But Mushfiq is mentally weak. No doubt about that. He needs to become stronger in this area. He is old enough now.
Old July 17, 2017, 06:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ATM - No One.

Cry baby.. grow some skin! Ffs

Imagine Mushy playing down under as a England player and the abuse/banter from the crowds, he wouldn't last a minute. Or if he was a premier league player, playing for Man Utd at Anfield, he would be crying like mad.
Old July 17, 2017, 06:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
If this was Mashrafe or Shakib at the receiving end of these comments then the reactions would have been 180 degree different.

But Mushfiq is mentally weak. No doubt about that. He needs to become stronger in this area. He is old enough now.
If it was then we would still have the same opinion. But atleast Shakib has been a proven performer and a champion cricketer while Mash has been inspirational in getting us to where we are right now.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old July 17, 2017, 07:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Mushfiqur is that kid in class, who acts tough but stands down after he is in a fight.
Old July 17, 2017, 09:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
If it was then we would still have the same opinion. But atleast Shakib has been a proven performer and a champion cricketer while Mash has been inspirational in getting us to where we are right now.

Has Mushfiq been any less bro? Not far from 10,000 runs in international cricket, averaging 30 plus in both formats. Obviously has his weaknesses, but all these guys have contributed immensely to our growth as a cricketing nation.
Old July 17, 2017, 09:03 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Ete kanna korar ki achey bapu?

Our players need to be mentally stronger. Kichu holei/bollei kede tedey eka kar
Old July 17, 2017, 09:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Soumo,Shak,Fiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Cry baby.. grow some skin! Ffs

Imagine Mushy playing down under as a England player and the abuse/banter from the crowds, he wouldn't last a minute. Or if he was a premier league player, playing for Man Utd at Anfield, he would be crying like mad.
He would never be in that position. Would be cut long ago. Only in our weak, coddled team, he's allowed a safe haven. Just listen to the way he talks. Complaining about how he's a senior player and therefore shouldn't receive any criticism. Goes to show the sense of entitlement they feel.
Old July 17, 2017, 09:52 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz, Sabbir, Taskin

Mushy is just embarrassing. No other way to put it.
Old July 17, 2017, 09:53 AM
Cricket Sage

There is a senior players fraternity in the team, the big boss hinted about that. They think (rightfully or not) they are privileged, and untouchable. This doesn't always play favorably for the team. BCB and the coach knows that, but kind of handicapped due to their strong support in fan base as well as within "people of power". Its very hard to bring a new player in the team giving senior players a brief break.

The public speaking problem with Rahim is much bigger than any senior players, while others can hide their emotions , Rahim spill everything and tells what is in his mind.

However the the mother of all problem is that some senior players don't think they should be grateful as the country provided a great career (a platform for wealth, fame, etc) to them, on the contrary the country should be grateful to them and they should be untouchable. Of-course we should acknowledge senior player's contribution to the team and respect them, but nobody should be "untouchable" when it comes about team's need at present.
Old July 17, 2017, 02:49 PM
BC Editorial Team

While senior cabal is not a good thing, but it's the same senior group that's led us to where we are. You can't just dismiss their ongoing contribution. We also know that in Bangladesh in general, and BCB in particular, professionalism is in short supply. A grown man crying and saying "respect" is sad but the circumstances that lead to that is sadder still.
Old July 17, 2017, 10:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Has Mushfiq been any less bro? Not far from 10,000 runs in international cricket, averaging 30 plus in both formats. Obviously has his weaknesses, but all these guys have contributed immensely to our growth as a cricketing nation.
Shakib has better average than Mushy In all formats and he bowls.

Mushy tries hard and fails but Shakib succeeds. You know why? Shakib has the mindset to deal with negativity.

Old July 17, 2017, 11:38 PM
Test Cricketer

He is referring to his long international career but at the same time he is showing he hasn't toughened up in all those years. I am very shocked at his reaction. If the guy breached BCB's code of conduct BCB will take action against him. But are these things unusual in international sports? Which captain hasn't been criticized in the history of cricket except probably Bradman? Someone said you are a bad captain, so what? If you are a subcontinental cricketer it should be daalvaat for you. He called you a bad captain, you use the media to tell him off and then move on, get on with your business. Learn from Kohli and co.
Old July 18, 2017, 01:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Professional sports is tough but as a captain you have to be even tougher, you also have to be able to accept your weaknesses and work in them. How many test captains going to cry or have in past over criticism? Heck Vaughan just had a go at the England team and root's response was that he was surprised what was said was said but he didn't get overly upset by it and I'm certain he did not appreciate the negative comments. If you want to succeed you must be tough.
Old July 18, 2017, 10:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Shakib has better average than Mushy In all formats and he bowls.

Mushy tries hard and fails but Shakib succeeds. You know why? Shakib has the mindset to deal with negativity.

Shakib is Shakib. You cant compare anyone with him-once in a generation player. I am not sure when we ll next produce a player with his confidence.

But what Mushiq has achieved so far is a matter of pride, not failure. I ve watched BD cricket from the days Jahangir Alam was the WK. Believe me we ve come a long way.

He's not strong enough mentally, immature, should have dealt with this situation a lot better. But personally i wouldnt let that dampen or affect my judgement on his overall contribution to Bangladeshi cricket. Given how hard he works, he might be around for another 5-6 years.
Old July 18, 2017, 11:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Shakib is Shakib. You cant compare anyone with him-once in a generation player. I am not sure when we ll next produce a player with his confidence.

But what Mushiq has achieved so far is a matter of pride, not failure. I ve watched BD cricket from the days Jahangir Alam was the WK. Believe me we ve come a long way.

He's not strong enough mentally, immature, should have dealt with this situation a lot better. But personally i wouldnt let that dampen or affect my judgement on his overall contribution to Bangladeshi cricket. Given how hard he works, he might be around for another 5-6 years.
Yes he has done a lot for us but like every cricketer he isn't flawless and thus subjected to criticism.

Even greats are constantly criticized but instead of breaking down they try to prove a point. They know words from others should not affect them.

Mushy has done well for us here and there. But not enough to say that no one should question his ability.

Old July 19, 2017, 02:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

It sickens me how some of the members here rate shakib, one knock and we all go crazy.

He will not even be able to make it to the Australian side. Just bloated by matches against Zimbabwe.
Old July 19, 2017, 03:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
It sickens me how some of the members here rate shakib, one knock and we all go crazy.

He will not even be able to make it to the Australian side. Just bloated by matches against Zimbabwe.
Nonsense. Shakib is a genuine word class all-rounder. And he is our only world class cricketer. I don't know about the Australian side, but Shakib would have a place in just about every other national team.
Old July 19, 2017, 04:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Nonsense. Shakib is a genuine word class all-rounder. And he is our only world class cricketer. I don't know about the Australian side, but Shakib would have a place in just about every other national team.
Yea, you keep believing that, but when its crunch time, the guy is a no-show.
Old July 19, 2017, 04:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
While senior cabal is not a good thing, but it's the same senior group that's led us to where we are. You can't just dismiss their ongoing contribution. We also know that in Bangladesh in general, and BCB in particular, professionalism is in short supply. A grown man crying and saying "respect" is sad but the circumstances that lead to that is sadder still.
"led to where we are", yea and where is that specifically, 10 years they have been playing and they haven`t done jack, absolutely 0, no Asia cup, no champions trophy, no world cup,no WT20, just crummy hundreds in bilateral series`s at home mind you?

Our beloved seniors can`t even so score one run. The only senior that has contributed is Tamim Iqbal, he is by far the greatest batsmen/player Bangladesh has ever produced
Old July 19, 2017, 05:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Shakib was the man of the series in the test series against Lanka.

Last time Australia toured Lanka they lost all 3 test matches.

They would kill to have a proper allrounder.

Shakib is a truly world class player and has stats to back that up. Add to that he is of great demand in every part of the world for T20 leagues.

Shakib is expected to become an all time great and his records will put him alongside the best allrounder that has played the sport.

Mushy won't be even be labelled as a Bangladeshi great by the time he retires. That's the difference. Same applies to Riad. Tamim may become a potential great for Bangladesh if he maintains his recent performance.

Old July 19, 2017, 05:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
"led to where we are", yea and where is that specifically, 10 years they have been playing and they haven`t done jack, absolutely 0, no Asia cup, no champions trophy, no world cup,no WT20, just crummy hundreds in bilateral series`s at home mind you?

Our beloved seniors can`t even so score one run. The only senior that has contributed is Tamim Iqbal, he is by far the greatest batsmen/player Bangladesh has ever produced
I am sorry but after Nasir and Anamul was axed the only youngster from Bangladesh to score a century in international cricket was Soumya in a dead rubber match against a hapless Pakistan side.

In the last 3 years Shakib and Mushy too have played a pivotal role at times. Mushy has a couple of hundreds overseas. Shakib has a double to his name. It's Riad who disappointed outside world cups.

We are not doing well because our seniors aren't getting any support. Sabbir Soumya combined scored less than 100 runs in the CT combined

Old July 19, 2017, 11:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Yea, you keep believing that, but when its crunch time, the guy is a no-show.
Right because all our other players have been so clutch. Shakib is a bowler who can bat. Why is the expectation for an all-rounder so high, when our genuine top order batsmen can't do jack.

How long did it take for Riad to finally have good innings? Between 2015 WC to 2017 CT, Riad did absolutely nothing, couldnt even hold a f-ing bat. Tamim the emo only performs when fans hurt his sentiment. Soumya/Sabbir failed. Meanwhile, that same period, Shakib went about maintaining his decade long dominance as the number 1 all-rounder in all 3 formats.

And if crunch time is the only criteria, then by your logic Stokes and Kohli are not world class. Stokes bottled it at T20 WC and Kohli failed at CT final. I don't understand how you can dismiss the contributions of a player who was the only legitimate thing about BD cricket for a long, long time.
Old July 19, 2017, 11:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

Did you just start watching cricket during the CT?

Shakib has a better average than Tamim IN ALL 3 FORMATS. Go look it up. And he is an all-rounder. Stop talking out of you a**