facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive)

FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive) Biggest sporting event in the world. This is time for the sky high excitement.

Old June 24, 2006, 07:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Question why pekerman starts with saviola,crespo

i really dont understand perkerman liking for saviola, crespo. it seems like he has decided his starting 11 and he never changes mind. afterall tevez was the man of the match against nederlands and messi is a very talented player. its true argentina needs a center forward and someone like crespo fits the bill, but why saviola? he was non existant against mexico, missed a sure goal (which messi or tevez would have scored) and lost lot of the balls easily. that starting 11 encouraged mexico to mount attacks. as soon as tevez ,aimar and messi were in the field, mexico was on backfoot.

everytime messi gets the balls u will see atleast 2-3 defenders closeby as backup because he can easily get past them.if messi is not fully fit, bring him on after 30-40 minutes in place of a midfielder but please start with and keep crespo and tevez together for the whole match. as an argentinian supporter, i am desperate. they have to attack germany if they sit back like this, they will be eaten up by the powerful german machine. comeon argentina , take revenge for klinsman acting to get the penalty(and the cup) in 1990.

Old June 25, 2006, 12:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

The only reason Messi and Tevez looked great was because mexico was dead tired there subs were all gone by the 60th minute. Crespo has scored in 4 straight games dating back to 02.

Messi and Tevez are both 19 yrs old so you have to play with your experienced players. Messi coming off a Calf Injury better not push him.

It's better to play them late in games when players are tired and game opens up alot more. It'll be easy pickings for Riquelme to find Messi when he's fresh and the defenders are tired.

BTW: Messi Comes off the bench for Barcelona, he only plays 20-30 minutes for them and he's quite effective scoring 7 goals in 23 games, so it's not wise to let him play 90 minutes when only plays 20-30 minutes for Barcelona
Old June 25, 2006, 01:17 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Crespo didn't score, it was an own goal. He also wasted the best scoring opportunity.
Old June 25, 2006, 03:29 AM
Test Cricketer

What a game. I never supported Argies, but, last night was incredible. Mexico, just played so brilliant football, it got my nerver for almost all the match. Although, I would persoanlly want Argies to play in the QF, but, boy, Mexico deserved to a place in QF too. They just got beaten by a super goal.
Few analysis. I really dont understand, why Crespo is still playing in the starting line up. Players like Tevez and Messi are much better options. Tevez had been Brazilian Footballer of the year and we all see what is he capable ot doing. Hernan crespo ( i call him Hannan Crispy), is just waster of team talents for Argies. He has a very annoying ability to miss an absolute free net chance.
But, since they overcame such a difficult match, i would now probably tag them for the finals. They have a wonderful bench. And.. its also stupid to see Saviola is getting preffered in place of Aimer. Aimer is just so much better than Saviola. Barca was worst when he was playing in first eleven for them. I had the oppertunity to watch him play for Barca and I must say, he was pathetic. He was no where near maradonna (as he used to be called New maradonna after world youth cup victory in 2000 for Argentina and was named best player of the trournament). On the contrary, Aimer is one the best players and its sad that he only got to play few mins of the match.
As usual, Ayla (my most favourite player for Argentina)was coool. If Brazil could have a player like him, It would have been impossible to beat brazil.

Anyqway.. at the end, we have a craker game comming up in the QF. Although, Argies ar estrong and would love to see them in the final, this present german team is just too good. Tehy are well. oiled and running at full steam. Players like Schweinsteiger, Podolski, Lahm will create lots of trouble for Argies, as like Brazil, Argies are not so strong when being attacked through wings. And, Geman defence can surely handle "Hannan" crespo. Players like Tevez will be a difficult option for german and i really hope Pekermann realize this sooner than later.
Old June 25, 2006, 05:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejaj
. Hernan crespo ( i call him Hannan Crispy), is just waster of team talents for Argies. He has a very annoying ability to miss an absolute free net chance.

He is the best finisher in the world along with Etoo and Sheva. He misses, all strikers do but he also scores from many chances that other players would have missed.
Old June 25, 2006, 05:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
He is the best finisher in the world along with Etoo and Sheva. He misses, all strikers do but he also scores from many chances that other players would have missed.
Ditto. People forgot what a wonderful strike was the goal he scored againest Mexico. It was an own goal, yes as the last touch was by the mexican player but actually crespo shoot it.
Old June 25, 2006, 05:43 AM
Cricket Legend

i think crespo should be there, his height and efficiency should make the centre forward. but they really need tevez in place of saviola. also start with messi maybe in right wing with maxi in the middle. if he gets too tired , replace with aimar maybe. but mere presence of messi will intimidate the germans and keep them careful in defence.
Old June 25, 2006, 06:30 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I think Pakerman is absolutely right in his tactics. Saviola, Riquelme and Crespo is proven and has got experience and they can destroy any opposition. If for any reason they fail to deliver Pakerman is using his young guns like Tevez & Messi who are equally good but lacks experience.
Old June 25, 2006, 10:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Crespo should play no doubt about it... Saviola was a little disappointing but he is still good.... but I think they should start with crespo and tevez and then bring in messi around 60th mins against german... oh boy, that will be a fun game
Old June 26, 2006, 12:37 PM
Cricket Legend

i dont think pekerman will have the time against germany to bring his guns later. in every match germany starts like storm and gain an early lead. with all the crowd behind them then it becomes very hard for opposition to comeback into the game.

moreover messi himself declared that he is fit enough for 90 min. this is a "make or break" situation and i hope perkerman realize this.
Old June 26, 2006, 12:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Tevez (21), Messi (19) need to warm the bench and let the elders show them the ropes. Argentina did great without them in the qualifiers against brazil and ecuador. In the second half may be around 60-70mins they need to be inserted to tear apart the German defense. By that time, I recon Germans will be playing with 10 men.
Old June 26, 2006, 01:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

The strategy of Pekermen is as fine as it can be, let him do his job as he is doing not that bad job so far, you and I are not as well versed in the game of football as he is, am I right?
Old June 26, 2006, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhferdaus
The strategy of Pekermen is as fine as it can be, let him do his job as he is doing not that bad job so far, you and I are not as well versed in the game of football as he is, am I right?
supporters always express their opinions and thats what we are doing here... Ofcourse he knows better but supporters do disagree with players and coaches and it only make the game more human and interesting... don't accept everything you see out there is right just because they might be more qualified than you... maybe we shouldn't disagree with any decision our govt make as most of the people out there know what they are doing better than we do...
Old June 26, 2006, 01:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
supporters always express their opinions and thats what we are doing here... Ofcourse he knows better but supporters do disagree with players and coaches and it only make the game more human and interesting... don't accept everything you see out there is right just because they might be more qualified than you... maybe we shouldn't disagree with any decision our govt make as most of the people out there know what they are doing better than we do...
ha ha you had to bring in our politics in did not you , man do not compare anything with our political parties, most of the politicians believe, me first then party then country
Old June 26, 2006, 02:22 PM
Cricket Legend

I am not talking about our politics... I was just trying to give an example... point remains the same... supporter will always cheer and complain and thats how sports work
Old June 27, 2006, 01:16 AM
Test Cricketer

I will stick by my decision not to play Crespo and Saviola. I had been right previously about them and I really hope, that , Argentine fan's heart doesnt break because of this wrong team selection. Argries are wonderful in this tournament, playing beautiful football. They surely dont deserve anyting less than the championship. But if Pekermann plays Crespo and Saviola for first eleven against Germany, I have feelings that Argnetina might fall at the hands of Germany in QF. I really hope such doesnt happen this time. German improved so much during the tournament. Best of luck for Argentina.
Old June 30, 2006, 03:43 PM
Cricket Legend

the stupid pekerman didnt even bring in messi. germany was basically waiting for tie breaker, they knew their goalkeeper is better penalty saver.

i cant believe pekerman brought kruz instead of messi, the stupid guy thought height of kruz could make an impression. the bare presence of messi would have made the german defence shaky. why do these stupid guys ever coach a team, they never listened to their heart. i just have had enough of argentina, i dont think i will ever support them. they have the skill but they dont have the guts. in open play they could have beaten germany , just keep the ball on the ground and play their best players. he was playing riqelme, who was basically slowing them down not to mention the miss passes, otherwise they could have scored several times from counter attacks. but no guts to play a 19 yr old star ......
Old June 30, 2006, 03:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

No longer!!!
Pokimon Quit after the loss.
http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns
Old June 30, 2006, 07:52 PM
Club Cricketer

Idiot! Where was Messi - the Argies would have win if Messi was on the field
Old June 30, 2006, 11:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

As this is an Forum abot why Argentina lost..I have a question for all U argentina CRZ....where was Maradona.....or he knew this week Argentina was not enough to get past the Germans in their own back yard....!!!
Old July 1, 2006, 02:46 AM
Test Cricketer

I dont' know how bangladeshi's support rich European countries......These europeans will do anything to win the cup........i was supporting latin americans and poor african nations. Atleast they have nothing except football. Just like us, what do we have except cricket? We have many things in common with latin american countries. AFter we won against the might Australians, we felt the hype and taste of victory. It also gave us an opportunity to celebrate together as a nation. What not these european nations don't have? They achieve success almost every single day. Why should we be happy for them?
Old July 1, 2006, 06:23 AM
Test Cricketer

It was really sad to see argentina lost the when they surely didnt deserve to loose. As I had criticized Pekerman before for his tactic and team selection, my fear came true. Although he did good not to play Saviola but, he still stick with Crespo. I dont know whether any of u had seen more closely Crespo's game. No wonder I call Hannan Crispy. He is a striker who doesnt have good postional sense and always fail to score when it matters. There were atleast 4 occassions, which could have resulted into a goal and got wasted simply due to poor postional sense of Crespo. He is never there where he should have been, that how a great striker is evaluated.
Pekerman, i never liked his tactic and I alawys criticized his techincal knowledge about the game. He was simply lucky to have some bunch of really great footballers around him and his tactical ability was not put under question because of that. However , in QF againts German, everyone saw how dumb tacticaly he was. It was really amazing to see how Klinsmann changed the game with his tactical briliance whereas, Pekerman lost the game. The change to bring Odonka to the right wing was just an amazing decision. Sorin wasnt the best the defennders and he was already under booking. Odonka is the fastest moving player in germany and if Sorin were about to stop Odonka attacking, there was every bit of possiblity that Sorin might commit another serious foul. So, Sorin couldnt play the hard defensive game to stop Odonka and that gave a big loophole in Argentine Defence. On the other hand, what pekerman did was simple oppsite of any thing brilliant. Before Riquelme left the game, there wastn much german attack, since, the midfield was in Argentine controll. And more to that, Riquelme was alawys drawing 2 defenders towards him everytime he was getting the ball. Hence, whenever Argentina was started to attck, German defence looked inconfidant as there were always more argentine players inthe front that germans at the defence. and Unlike Italians, German attack vastly depends on those drive through the midfield . So, Riquelme blunder was just too much to allow the germans to capture the midfield and we all saw waht happend wtinin 10 mins after that.
I understand the requirement to bring a defender when the regular goalkeeper got injured, but, it could have been Crespo in place of Riquelme. Also 2nd substitution was awful. Players like Messi or Aimer would have surely give lots of trouble to this german defence than Cruz. I simply failed to see what the hell Pekerman was thinkingh in the entire match. German goal was a beautty and i wont blame the substituted goalkeeper for that. It could have beaten the best goal keeper in the world.

At the end, it was really sad that this Argentina couldnt win the cup. I have never seen such a great argentine team since 86 and this is truely a great waste of chane for the glory. I am a hardcore brazilan fan and never like argentina but, I really feel sorry for argies and it also proves one more thing, just playing beautiful football doesnt win the cup, its complete professionalism that wins the cup. Even though Brazil never played beautiful football since 94 like in 80's , some how I like more this kind of game than those attractive games of 80's. To me, its eficiency that matters. Although Brazil isnt playing great football , but I think, this team is still more professional than Argies and will go to final atleast.
Last word, Please get rid of this "Hannan" Crespo. He is a choker and will never deliver good when it matters. He can only score agasint "Bangladesh". If Batistuta was in this team, there would have been no way that anything would have stoped Argentina to win this world cup. Its unfortunate that He just played in the wrong time.
Old July 1, 2006, 07:37 AM
Cricket Legend

ur right, playing crespo was a mistake but the substitution to bring in cruz when he could have brought messi (argentina was in the lead then) was the ultimate mistake. also i guess aimar would be better to sub riqelme.

i guess i know how perkerman thinks. he thought against germany it would me more physical thats why he started with tevez in place of saviola(which i think was right) but he simply didnt bring messi because he thought smaller messi would be wrestled off the ball. but he was wrong, it is hard to take the ball away from messi, he has pace and could have got through the german defence and set tevez free. for most of the game i thought germany was at argentina's mercy, this is the first time they came across a team who likes to dribble though them. anyway its just a game and the team who scores more goals wins. so congrats to germany!