facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 10, 2012, 03:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla
Default BPL payments still not received

Got this from pak passion just now:

Statment from FICA

FICA CONDEMNS BANGLADESH PREMIER LEAGUE OVER CONTINUAL NON PAYMENT OF PLAYERS

The BPL ended more than four months ago.

At least 12 overseas players have not been paid their full dues, with the total outstanding sum being in excess of US$600,000.00.

In addition, the local Bangladeshi players have received, on average, less than 60% of their money with only 8 paid in full.

Not one player has received a tax certificate evidencing the proper payment of withholding tax to the Bangladeshi Revenue Authority despite the Franchises saying they have deducted this money (25% of salary).

Federation of International Cricketers’ Association (FICA) Chief Executive, Tim May, said: “Despite numerous private and public promises and assurances from the BPL, the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) and its President Mustafa Kamal hundreds of thousands of dollars are still owed to players from the BPL which was conducted in February this year.

“The Franchises and the Bangladesh Cricket Board have been in breach of contract for nearly two and a half months. We have given them every opportunity to settle these amounts and they have continually responded with a series of broken promises and empty public pronouncements.”

On April 30 - BCB Announced

"Bangladesh Premier League franchise owners have set a deadline of May 9 and May 31 for the clearance of payments for international and local cricketers respectively. The dates were decided in a meeting initiated by the Bangladesh Cricket Board between BCB president Mustafa Kamal and the franchise owners”

On June 9 - BCB President Mustafa Kamal said

“I have said it repeatedly that it is BCB's obligation that if any player is unpaid, the board will make the payments. I am reassuring that not a single player will go unpaid

We have said it before and I will repeat it now: the BCB will pay the foreign players if the franchises don't,"
Kamal said.

"The governing council has recommended to the BCB that, as guarantor, the board should clear the outstanding payments and the process should be initiated immediately,"

We have repeatedly tried to address this matter in a civil and private manner with BPL / BCB and we have given every chance possible for the franchises and BCB to make good the outstanding player payments and their obligations”

“Unfortunately, they have chosen over recent weeks to only settle a handful of the players’ outstanding sums

“It is obvious that the BPL Franchises and the BCB are either unable or unwilling to meet these financial obligations.

“FICA is left with no choice but to support the unpaid players in legal action against the Franchises and BCB in Bangladesh.

“It goes without saying that FICA will be strongly recommending to all players, both in and outside Bangladesh, that they should not contemplate participating in this tournament in the coming years.

“It’s vital for these fledgling events like the BPL to build up a landscape of trust and confidence with key stakeholders.

The actions of BPL and the BCB in response to the matter of these outstanding payments, has caused immense damage to the credibility of these two organisations and consequently the ability to attract
players to participate in future editions of the Event”

“They have no one to blame but themselves.

“The process of the payment of players has deteriorated into a joke and the unprofessionalism of its handling is massively short of that required standard of an ICC Full Member country.

Very bad news they are now advising players to boycott it, cannot see many international cricketers taking part in the next edition.

Old July 11, 2012, 12:41 AM
Administrator

WTF are the BPL / BCB doing?

Here's from Sidney Morning Herald

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/...711-21v4o.html

Aussie cricketer unpaid by Bangladesh T20

An Australian is among a dozen cricketers still waiting to be paid by the Bangladesh Premier League in a situation described as a "joke" by the international players' union.
Australians Brad Hogg, Brad Hodge and Shane Harwood played in February's inaugural Bangladesh Twenty20 competition, which owes some $US600,000 to a dozen internationals.
Organisers have also been accused of paying local Bangladeshi players less than 60 per cent of their entitled wages.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/...#ixzz20I1n0qz2
Old July 11, 2012, 01:34 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Well this is all rather depressing

At this rate, no one is going to come to the next edition. I don't care who is at fault now, just get these people their money!

Such a simple transaction...I provide a service and on completion I am to be paid for that service, only in Bangladesh can there be so much of a kerfuffle surrounding that.
Old July 11, 2012, 01:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Well this is all rather depressing

At this rate, no one is going to come to the next edition. I don't care who is at fault now, just get these people their money!

Such a simple transaction...I provide a service and on completion I am to be paid for that service, only in Bangladesh can there be so much of a kerfuffle surrounding that.
Off topic: First use of kerfuffle from a deshi ever that I have seen. I will see your kerfuffle and raise you the brouhaha that I used yesterday in some conversation. I almost used donnybrook.

On topic - my fear? We won't get big names next edition.
Old July 11, 2012, 02:42 AM
Banned

I love the word 'Kerfuffle', here's another word I use from time to time - Vicissitude

brouhaha
Old July 11, 2012, 02:48 AM
Administrator

Aaaah - shall we be talking about the vicissitudes of the BPL a couple of years from now? I love the word - I even remember the first time I used it (nerd alert). Was for an essay for 8th grade English class.
Old July 11, 2012, 03:33 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I have devised a solution to rescue the next edition. We just need to organize it at the Academy ground.. and change player names to Rokibul Gayle Hassan and Andre Naeem Islam.
As far as delayed payments goes I was always suspicious of the huge amount of money being thrown about at the auction. It seems my initial fears came true now. I am not surprised because on our day to day lives we also face the pain of getting money back from our deshi paonadars... the attitude is no different here.
Old July 11, 2012, 07:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

BCB statement said a month back it was 200k or so, but these reports say something like 600k... What I don't understand why FICA makes such vague statements...?? BCB also said several times, give us the names... But they never give. In this report also they are exploring one Australan to make the number to be 12... Something is wrong some where. I just feel that FICA is carrying out organized propaganda to damage BPL. why they don't go to the court yet or make a more concrete statement with a list of unpaid players?

The elites Of cricket seems to be jealous of BPL's success... Some how does team may have any genetic connection to Goebles?
Old July 11, 2012, 10:57 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

@Banfan if the players were paid and FICA is over reacting then we have nothing to worry about. The players who got paid would come back to play again and FICA also wouldn't have a case against BCB
Old July 11, 2012, 12:25 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

pathetic BCB should at least do something to pay the players at first. I dont care about whether BPL 2 is possible all i want is the image of our country to be saved
Old July 11, 2012, 12:26 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Pocket e nai poisa r dam hake $700K 500K, Fokirer dol...Next time SLPL er moto $25000 $35000 dam hobe for sure
Old July 11, 2012, 01:30 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Alamgir also said that New Zealand cricketer Scott Styris' dues were transferred to another player's account by mistake.
Who is this lucky player scotty?

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/0...etNews&rpc=401
Old July 11, 2012, 01:32 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

BPL shuru howar agey ami jantam je ei rokom pacher modhe porte hobe r amader man shomman sob mati hoya jabe !!!!!!!!
Old July 11, 2012, 02:03 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerEz
BPL shuru howar agey ami jantam je ei rokom pacher modhe porte hobe r amader man shomman sob mati hoya jabe !!!!!!!!
At least you have an option of moving to India
Old July 11, 2012, 02:33 PM
Cricket Sage

I think this is exactly the rrason why SL decided to go for budget. Franchises probably made the investments without thinking much and now they are thinking it was a bad idea and somehow trying to get away with it. Looks like next edition of BPL will be ruled by all the jodhu modhu players from our neighboring countries just like DPL.
Old July 11, 2012, 06:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

I'm amzed to see no one from locals opened up a voice on this issue. But FICA keep saying along with dozen other international players locals are not paid from the start of this alligation. If FICA put up a case in court before BPL 2nd season starts, its obvious that it will be the end of BPL. Instead of feeding info to FICA, Someone from the victims should do it soon for sure, ev1 cant be gutless here to speak up for truth! M Kamal ajke ache kalke thakbe na, kintu players association aar FICA thikee thakbe.
Old July 11, 2012, 06:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Australians Brad Hogg, Brad Hodge and Shane Harwood played in the Twenty20 competition. Hogg and Hodge were the Australian mainstays in the tournament, with Harwood injured in his second game.

The Australian Cricketers’ Association says either Hogg or Hodge hasn’t been paid.

“My understanding is that one of them has been paid and the other didn’t receive any payment,” Paul Marsh, the chief executive of the association, said on Wednesday, adding he didn’t want to name the unpaid player.
Hogg or Hodge

Unless one of them got paid twice Lol!!!

http://www.telegraphindia.com/112071..._15719396.jsp?
Old July 11, 2012, 07:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
At least you have an option of moving to India
True...if you want, i'll take you with me.
Old July 11, 2012, 10:21 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Dr. Younus ousting, Padma Bridge financing and now this... We are getting on to the world news for the wrong reasons these days.
Old July 12, 2012, 05:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
@Banfan if the players were paid and FICA is over reacting then we have nothing to worry about. The players who got paid would come back to play again and FICA also wouldn't have a case against BCB
Yes, but we can't remain limited to those players....infact creating a negative image will close a lots of avenue for BPL. Not only players,... Even sponsors don't like to get affiliated to something with negative image... And players costs increase due to negative image and sponsor money reduces.... Bhai, it's an attack on multiple layers to stop bpl growing as a big league ...not so simple as getting the players who has been paid will come back... Getting player will never be much problem..it's the quality players...and most importantly money from the sponsors...

Well let's see, it may have an immediate effect, but if bcb is strong enough and sincere in coming years, I think Tim May ang gong will ultimately accept defeat. Don't give a chance to create any chaos...can bcb run it so efficiently..?? Let's see.
Old July 12, 2012, 05:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Dr. Younus ousting, Padma Bridge financing and now this... We are getting on to the world news for the wrong reasons these days.
we were always in news for wrong reasons...at least last 40 years.
Old July 12, 2012, 08:54 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

RCB players in the lurch over payments

Quote:
Several leading India and overseas players contracted to Royal Challengers Bangalore, including team captain Daniel Vettori, are awaiting the first instalment of their fees for the 2012 season. Australia allrounder Andrew McDonald is believed to be another player who has not been paid, along with some members of the support staff.

Though this is the first season that Royal Challengers have delayed on payments on this scale, the players affected are concerned by the lack of response from franchise officials to their queries. The news comes at a time when the Bangladesh Premier League is in the headlines for non-payment of salaries to its overseas players.

Franchise officials, including team director Siddhartha Mallya, did not respond to repeated requests over several days by ESPNcricinfo for comments on the issue.

The development coincides with the well-documented financial difficulties being faced by the UB group, the franchise owners. Royal Challengers Bangalore are owned by businessman Vijay Mallya through UB Sports Pvt Ltd, a group subsidiary. In recent months, Mallya's airline, Kingfisher Airlines, has been found to be in debt of $1.3b. Recent rumours of the sale of the team's stake have been denied by the UB Group, with a spokesman saying: "There is no question of a stake sale in the Royal Challengers Bangalore team."

The players affected include those from India, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Sri Lanka. It is believed that Chris Gayle, though, has been paid his contracted amount. "Gayle is looked after separately," Royal Challengers player said.

Under every identical tri-partite IPL contract, signed between the player, the franchise and the IPL, clause 1.a.i (which covers the schedule of payments) spells out the payment break-up: the player receives 15% of his fee for the season by April 1 (before the IPL or early into it), 50% by May 1 (during the IPL or towards its end), 20% after the Champions League T20 and the remaining 15% by December 1. As of today, Royal Challengers has not met this schedule, with several players still owed 65% of the fee owed to them, nor has it provided any explanation for the delay. It is understood the players emailed the management after the season finished in May, but did not receive a straightforward response.

Heath Mills, the chief of the New Zealand Players Cricket Association (NZPCA), said he'd heard about the delay from Vettori on Monday. "It's disappointing that some of the players have not been paid to date. We hope they are paid before this issue becomes more serious. It really isn't right that people are not paid for work they have already completed, and I can't imagine anyone in any workplace environment being overly happy about that."

"Nobody has come back to us, to let us know what is going on," a player said, under the condition of anonymity. "The people, at the moment, are in the dark. Normally there are one or two cases of delayed payments that we have seen in the previous seasons."

Some players are known to have written even to the Royal Challengers' head coach Ray Jennings, who was unavailable for comment. The players just want to know what the problem is; a clear response will leave them much more comfortable. "There must be a problem. But I need to have awareness of the problem," another player said. "We are adult enough to understand if there is a problem, that is fine, but we have to see how we resolve the issue from here."
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/co...ry/572071.html

looks like this is spreading like virus
Old July 12, 2012, 09:02 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

why isn't FICA concerned about those players? Someone should ask Tim May
Old July 12, 2012, 12:07 PM
Banned

Bangladesh
Pays
Late

Stupid BPL...I could have done the same for the IPL.
Old July 12, 2012, 12:10 PM
Banned

^^ You kinda can say that for IPL.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/co...ry/572071.html

RCB players in the lurch over payments