facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 17, 2010, 03:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default First 'Cheat', now 'Liar' what next, 'Scoundrel'?

Quote:
New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori also weighed in on the issue saying, "I haven't seen the replays, but Brendon was unsure about it so I went to the umpires and talked to them and they were confident about the decision," pointing out that Bangladesh "still had a review up their sleeve" but opted not to use it.
really? was he uncertain?

if so, then why the whole-hearted appeal with a look of glee on his face? was he also unsure if Murali was taking a run and just happened to hug his teammate in the middle of the pitch?

i guess when you're unsure you should just pull the trigger and ask questions later (or not at all).

i also didn't notice any Kiwi talking to umpires...now i'm not blaming vettori on field...only the sq. leg ump, Mac, and the slips knew what was going on. but for vettori to excuse rank cheating by his man with "they had a review" BS is blameworthy.

shala you will rarely win any test matches except against BD, so you are a minnow as well, for your high and might attitude. you were lucky, because shakib and riyad would have def trimmed your lead to double digits, making a win impossible for you. who knows a miracle could have seen a BD win.

and Big Brainless, you just missed ur double ton here courtesy of the Royal Bengal Express and some pro-active Karma...you will never score a test double century...you're already 31 aren't you? tamim has 10 years and loads of technique on your tattooed *** and still scores at a higher SR, shakib and riyad have years and years on you...so does little rahim. they might all have double tons when they retire and not against an up and coming bowling attack in home conditions on a flat track.

it must really suck to be you.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old February 17, 2010, 03:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Al chetse..
Old February 17, 2010, 03:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

AF to kothin cheta chetse!
jalo jalo, agun jalo!!!!
Old February 17, 2010, 03:32 PM
Test Cricketer

$hit happens and it happened!

Mostly what happened was in spur of the moment. Who knows may be Mushfiq would have done the same as McKalam. But we don't need to over-emphasize the situation. There is actually no benefit doing that.

The big point is our captain failed to realize the situation. But again no need to make a fuss about that either cause $hit happens...plus hes only 22-23 and would learn this over time.

But important thing is, we need to grow our backbones. When no playing condition is there but batting cause the opponent wants that... hurts us more than these issues.

If there are no guts to ask lights there is no point getting engaged in verbal arguments against Vito mastan and getting out soon after (like Tameem did).
Old February 17, 2010, 03:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

Never seen (read) al Furqaan so angry ! Must be something really bad .

Can someone help me find the link that shows what happened . I found NZ'landers generally fair compared to Ponting (the Cheat) and gang .They must have been desperate to see the back of Sakib
Old February 17, 2010, 03:35 PM
BC Editorial Team

If Mushy pulled the same cheating crap, I'd drag _him_ over coals too. Well said Asad!
Old February 17, 2010, 03:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Strong accusations there! But all based on assumptions!

Well, you know, assumptions can often make an a$$ out of you. Good thing is our players not falling for it.
Old February 17, 2010, 03:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
If Mushy pulled the same cheating crap, I'd drag _him_ over coals too. Well said Asad!
Kan dhorey drag korben naki? ulta apnare stumping koira dibo kintu. ichre bachha manush -holey ki hobey, Mac er moton kam korbey na Mushy.

IBM>Mac
Old February 17, 2010, 03:45 PM
Cricket Guru

BTW, as for myself, I did not have access to all 18 cameras on the field. My computer screen at that point was showing me Shakib walking out of the field, there was no way I could have seen what Vettori was doing then.
Old February 17, 2010, 03:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Al chetse..
situational...whilst cheating in any circumstance is equally bad...had we been 150-7 and even riyad been done in whilst on 15 and not on 87*...i wouldn't have been pissed...its a lost cause, and i wuold shrug and say "mac is a foul cheater, bush lied, ppl died...thats, life, and who cares?"

but mac effectively turned the match around.

its safe to say that shakib would have added at least 13...but that would have added another 10-15 riyad runs too. possibly adding 50 more to our total. that means instead of pushing for a tough and unlikely win, NZ would have no choice but to play for a draw.

for India it matters little cuz they have the next 2 tests...but we have one match and only one shot at getting a respectable result.

BCB needs to complain otherwise i will personally hand lotus' *** to him next time i'm in dhaka.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 17, 2010, 03:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Using Walkie-talkie for giving tips to bowlers, is that permitted?
I think yesterday was Nz's national rules violation day

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old February 17, 2010, 03:48 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: M'Dulla

You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

we all share your frustration, but these incidents in cricket happen; the sooner we grow some backbone the better, it will bode well for supporters and players alike.

Take lead from Riyad's comments at the press conf. But I still think, if Shakib had any doubt, then he should have reffered it, maybe because he lost his cool for a few minutes and completely forgot about the UDRS.

MA
Old February 17, 2010, 03:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat
Never seen (read) al Furqaan so angry ! Must be something really bad .

Can someone help me find the link that shows what happened . I found NZ'landers generally fair compared to Ponting (the Cheat) and gang .They must have been desperate to see the back of Sakib
exactly you can expect such behaviour from ponting or sehwag, or some biggoted lahori steroid pusher. but from vet and the kiwis? a bit surprising.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 17, 2010, 03:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi_mc69
Using Walkie-talkie for giving tips to bowlers, is that permitted?
I think yesterday was Nz's national rules violation day

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Even the Kiwi commies were irked by that walkie-talkie, some even sarcasticaly said in these days and ages, can't they get some small ear piece rather than using walkie-talkies instead.

They were running on the pitch at will ( pacers ) since first ball for Vettori.
Old February 17, 2010, 04:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

I am going to take this incident as a show of respect by the Kiwis to our abilities and acknowledgement from their end of Shakib and Mahmadullah as very capable players on the big stage.

The fault really lies with the umpire for being so certain and for Shakib who obviously had a brain fart with the shot and the dismissal following the cramp on his arm.

True NZ (esp. McC) could have been more sportsmanlike but that is what it is. At least now we know that they feel they need to resort to win at any cost against us. Rashid Latif announced BD's arrival a few years ago but it was us who failed to live up to it.

Unless BD shows courtesy by being sportsmanlike in a tough situation similar to this, I'm keeping away from this topic.
Old February 17, 2010, 04:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Marrrrr shala re maarrr...dhoira shala re nengta koira ulta julaiya jutar mala poray de...

Old February 17, 2010, 04:14 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: M'Dulla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
I am going to take this incident as a show of respect by the Kiwis to our abilities and acknowledgement from their end of Shakib and Mahmadullah as very capable players on the big stage.

The fault really lies with the umpire for being so certain and for Shakib who obviously had a brain fart with the shot and the dismissal following the cramp on his arm.

True NZ (esp. McC) could have been more sportsmanlike but that is what it is. At least now we know that they feel they need to resort to win at any cost against us. Rashid Latif announced BD's arrival a few years ago but it was us who failed to live up to it.

Unless BD shows courtesy by being sportsmanlike in a tough situation similar to this, I'm keeping away from this topic.
Well said.
Old February 17, 2010, 04:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

What Raynman said.
Old February 17, 2010, 04:24 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: TAmim + Ash

Before this series I had a lot of respect for the Kiwis and Daniel Vettori. But after seeing them on the field sledging Tamim, Imrul, and now cheating my respect for them has faded.
Old February 17, 2010, 04:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

at last someone with a good judgment and commonsense!
Old February 17, 2010, 04:42 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Chill man game will still be drawn. NZ won't declare anytime soon unless we bowlem out.
Old February 17, 2010, 04:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chol_bd123
Before this series I had a lot of respect for the Kiwis and Daniel Vettori. But after seeing them on the field sledging Tamim, Imrul, and now cheating my respect for them has faded.
Thats OK. I sledged Danny back

"Three men on the boundary ? You're only defending 550, Danny"

Plus the "deee-fense ... deeee-fense" call when he spread the field for Mahmadullah ... regrettably, he then got him in front

Ahh well, thats what happens when you play the best slow bowler in the world.

Ian
Old February 17, 2010, 05:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
exactly you can expect such behaviour from ponting or sehwag, or some biggoted lahori steroid pusher. but from vet and the kiwis? a bit surprising.
sehwag, really ? how many times have you seen him cheating in a cricket match ?
Old February 17, 2010, 05:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
Thats OK. I sledged Danny back

"Three men on the boundary ? You're only defending 550, Danny"

Plus the "deee-fense ... deeee-fense" call when he spread the field for Mahmadullah ... regrettably, he then got him in front

Ahh well, thats what happens when you play the best slow bowler in the world.

Ian
Ha, I wish I was there.
Old February 17, 2010, 05:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Chill guys.....
I believe in Karma....wait and watch...
Someday Inshallah..