facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old December 17, 2013, 11:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Its true. When you have that many rookies and AHL players, they will go beyond to show they belong and thats exactly what they did. Plus, Bylsma is good at coaching these type of players ( Pit-Tampa series that went to Game 7 minus Sid and Malkin for example. They battled hard for seven games ). However, the defensive call ups are all going to be main stays eventually. Matta already plays like a vet. Dumolin- Harrington-Samuellsson- Pouliot will all play for the big club one day- and not too far in the future. Most are almost ready. Bortuzzo plays well and scraps every time he is called upon. Depres is playing like he doesn't want to go back. Defensively we played good with the young guys and they will continue to do so if called upon, since that is the strength of the org. Not surprised. Well earned two points.

I like Bernier and the way he played. Kulemin missed a semi open net that could have tied the game. Of course, Sid buried his one good chance that he got all game. Phaneuf really plays him well.

Old December 17, 2013, 11:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

You guys have a good mix of speed and skill. It's good to see how well Shero has drafted with no lottery picks in the last 6 years (aside from Pouliot). That goal by Sid was just horrible coverage from the Leafs. He had all of eternity and then some in the slot. He could have grabbed a seat, had himself a beer, and then scored the goal.

You give Sid that much time and space and he will score always. Guess who wasn't on the ice when Sid scored. Phaneuf vs Crosby is an excellent match up, and its a lot fun to watch. Phaneuf's game has evolved since he has been traded here. Although he did go for the big hit last night (the one that resulted in an odd man rush) he was superb last night. Crosby has just 2 assists in 2 games when Phaneuf is on the ice with him.

It really shows you how much depth Canada has at D, when Phaneuf doesn't even get consideration for the Olympic team.

The Olympics is only a couple months away! Although I want my country to win, I wouldn't mind to see an underdog team, like Czech Republic, take it. It's always fun when small teams come out of nowhere to win.

My prediction for team Canada is as follows:

Hall - Crosby - Stamkos
Tavares - Getzlaf - Perry
Sharp - Toews - Carter/Giroux
Lucic - Bergeron - St.Louis
Carter/Giroux, Duchene

Keith - Seabrook
Vlasic - Weber
Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Doughty - Subban/Letang

Price
Holtby
Luongo/Fleury
Old December 17, 2013, 12:53 PM
Cricket Guru

It was an icing. So, Phaneuf couldn't jump on the ice, as he watched Sid hop off to the ice. Tight games always have a play or two like that which ends up as the difference. Phaneuf always play him well. He has always played him well. I say after Chara, Phanuef and Subban are the two guys who shuts him down pretty well.

For Pens a major worry is Dupuis. He played out of his skins for peanuts for three years. Now, he got paid this off season, which was a bad deal to give out for a 34 yr old glorified third liner, and now we are kinda stuck. He doesn't hustle as much. He looks slower. Can't make crisp passes ( minus the one last night ) . Bennet already bumped him from the 1st line until he too got hurt. He will be a great third liner, but making $3.75mil. I didn't like the deal but I guess he earned his dues, but he is not playing like a first liner though he is being paid handsomely. Lets see if he can turn it around.

I think Duchene plays with Crosby. Love watching him play. Letang shouldn't make it. He is horrible defensively, but is a sexy pick. I have really low opinion of Bowmeester. He is the anti -Phaneuf to Sid. He has burned him so many times one on one ( you tube dekho..the you will understand ) that I have a very negative opinion about him. I am wrong perhaps. Is Yandle Canadian? He is really good.
Old December 17, 2013, 12:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Oh...Price for goalie. Please, don't pick Fleury. Let him revive his career here. He is playing great. Already under too much spotlight and doesn't need the limelight. Those two weeks off will serve him well.
Old December 18, 2013, 08:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

I think Fleury should decline an invite to team Canada as well. He needs to focus on getting his NHL **** together first. Canada can do without him.

Another lame duck effort last night - another great display of dump and don't chase. Quite obvious this team has tuned out Carlyle now.
Old December 18, 2013, 11:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Yes. He can do without Canada. You have Holtby! I would not pick him. He is not a very good goalie. Why not go with Harding instead? He is unbelievable. USA is clearly better with goalies. Top notch goalies at disposal.

A bad loss for you guys at home to Florida. Funny you mention the dump and no chase. I was about to comment about that after the Pens- leafs game. Our D retrieved almost all the dump ins and skated out unmolested. Matta played Kessel as good as anyone I have seen positionally. He could be our best defenseman and I say it with sincerity. I know its way too premature to even mention, but people liken his game to Nik Lidstroms. If he can become even half of that!

Total ugly hit on Schenn. So dangerous. I tell you what? Philly scares the day lights out of me. I hope they miss the playoffs. I would not want anything to do with them.
Old December 19, 2013, 10:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Chalk up another win for Team IR ! Even the Bylsma cynic like me is getting impressed. 10 wins out of last 11 will go a long way securing playoff spot in March. Quick turn around as we travel back to Burgh to face Minny tonight. This is gonna be hard one. Guys were getting tired last night and the young D were showing a bit of in experience. But, doesn't matter. Have done fair share of winning in last month. Can afford to lose two-three games and still be ok. Neal comes back and that should be a major bonus.
Old December 20, 2013, 11:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Olli Maatta- That's it. What a player !

Trade that always hurt turn over machine Letang to Edmonton for one of their prized wingers...
Old December 20, 2013, 11:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Default 24/7 Wings vs. Leafs: Road to the 2014 NHL Winter Classic

For those who haven't seen this yet

We're expected to get all of our guys except Weiss back for the 2014 WC.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 21, 2013, 11:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Blew a 3-1 lead but prevailed in the end over "The Center Of The Hcky Universe", despite notable effort from the refs. Now, I'm not one to b*** but WTF was their 4th goal all about ?! I suppose certain basic rules simply don't apply to Bettman's home team in their own building. Can't go actually 50 years without winning the Cup now, can we? Tic-toc, tic-toc, tic-toc ...

Anyway, congrats on reaching the 40 point plateau in 38 games this season. Looking forward to seeing the commemorative banner hanging from the rafters of Valhalla where the Cup has been "just two years away" since 1967. Just put it next to the "Aunt Maple Made A Great Meatloaf On Statistical Anomaly Day" banner.

Can't wait to be totally healthy and host the team from Assguard on New Year's Day.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; December 22, 2013 at 05:02 AM..
Old December 22, 2013, 09:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Lol...Were you watching Thor by any chance?
Old December 22, 2013, 09:38 AM
Cricket Guru

We struggled to beat Calgary yesterday, but got the two pts. Thats all it matters right now considering the unreal injury situation. But, I like that Calgary team. They are a very hard working team. They kept coming coming. Props to our W-B/S guys for holding the fort down, yet again.

West maybe stronger but Pens are 7-2 vs West !
Old December 28, 2013, 10:04 PM
Cricket Savant

We blew a 2-0 lead with some atrocious swamp hockey in the 2nd but managed to get it back with 2 goals early in the 3rd. It was all living dangerously from there but we managed to hold on for the regulation W. Sean Bergenheim and Nick Bjugstad have impressed in all 3 of their games against us this season. Not that they will, but an excellent couple of players to build a good team around in South Florida.

Gustavsson is probably the most thrilling goalie to watch in the league and that's not a compliment. He can go from great to shite defending any, and I mean ANY shot on goal, but he's winning games with clutch saves after giving up soft goals often in the same game. Not a Cup winning goalie this one. Definitely a good move by the Ample Fleas to get rid of him. Carlyle is a Cup winning coach and couldn't tolerate a schizoid the likes of him. Too bad he won't win the Cup again as long as he stays in Assguard. Maybe this calls for another new type of banner hanging from the rafters of Valhalla, this time celebrating good riddance.

Good to have Zetterberg and Abdel Kader back. Our players are getting healthy at long last.
Old December 28, 2013, 10:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Go Leafs go!
Old December 30, 2013, 10:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Howard's back and not tracking the puck well at all. 3 soft goals he'd not have allowed last year when his elite play took our weakest team in 30 years to the playoffs and then to game 7 of the WCFs. He has been off all season so far but we know he's way too New York to allow this for too much longer.

Zetterberg's still not 100%, and we're really missing Alfredsson and Franzen out there. Alfie has made us all fall in love with him. Class, poise and grit, all in one. The classic Red Wing who has finally come home to the team made for him. Shanahan, Chelios and Hull come to mind when I think of that kind of perfect fit. We owe this man a Cup!

Seth Jones, what an amazing young player! Soft hands and overall hockey sense well beyond his years. He and Olli Maatta alongside our DeKeyser will be some elite players in the near future.

Trailing the Preds 1-3 after 2. It would suck to lose our last game of the year, but not as much as losing the first one of 2014.
Old December 30, 2013, 10:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Decent effort in the 3rd but the damage was done already. The ENG made it 6-4 in the end, and Bert's dumb penalty with 2 minutes left lessened our chances trailing 4-5.
Old December 30, 2013, 10:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Red Wings going down on New Year's Day. Leafs will own you. T.O. all the way.
Old December 31, 2013, 03:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Red Wings going down on New Year's Day. Leafs will own you. T.O. all the way.
Noted.

-- The other Shubho.
Old January 1, 2014, 12:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Looks like we'll be skating against the wind in the 1st and the 3rd. Not good because we'll have to keep our shifts, including those of our best players, shorter than theirs without conserving much stamina. Skating against the Great Lakes wind is a steep hike.
Old January 1, 2014, 01:27 PM
Cricket Savant

It's cold, windy, and snowing. Welcome to Ojibway country fellas!
Old January 1, 2014, 02:19 PM
Cricket Savant

0-0 after 1, and I'm just lovin' how the players are adjusting to the tough, snowy conditions. Hard working players will prevail here as the game goes on. The game will get a lot faster if it stops snowing. It'd be nice if that happens in the 2nd with the wind on our backs. The elements add a whole different dimension to the game.

US-born players (Kessel, JVR) usually grow up playing a lot more outdoor hockey than their Canadian-born counterparts simply because Canada has more indoor facilities. Michigan and Minnesota come close, but not quite as many as Ontario and Quebec. Swedes and eastern Russians also play a lot outdoors.
Old January 1, 2014, 03:27 PM
Cricket Savant

1-1 after 2. Totally bogus call on Kindl led to that crucial PP, but it was a well deserved goal. JVR's working very hard. Seems to be made from the same stuff as many of the past Leafs players I deeply admired over the years: Gilmour, Clark, and Roberts. Red Wings type players who work extremely hard all every shift and every season for decades. Yzerman, Fedorov and Draper back then as Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Helm do now. I see Nyquist, Tatar and Andersson continue the tradition in the future with Jurco and Jarnkrok also turning into our kind of "diamond in the rough", low draft pick elite players. Of course our top twos have been a zillion times more skilled than Gilmour, Clark or Roberts.
Old January 1, 2014, 04:33 PM
Cricket Savant

2-2 and going to OT. What a game! What a game by Bernier!!! Almost feel sorry for the much hyped bag of mediocrity by the name of James "Rebound" Reimer, now destined to be a backup for the rest of his less than mediocre career.
Old January 1, 2014, 04:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Zetterberg had a break as the horn sounded at 2:30 in the OT. Drama!
Old January 1, 2014, 04:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Yeah, baby! Go Leafs go!