facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 21, 2007, 03:41 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Murtaza, Sachin, Ponting
Thumbs down BATTING LINE UP FOR BANGLADESH...who should be there..

Nothing more to say for Bangladesh batting line up. Everything was done by the bowlers. As Chittagong is a good batting track look at the batting line collapse for Bangladesh team. BASHAR, ASHFAFUL, MASHUD just disappoint us as usual when it comes to the challenge to prove our self. At least Mashud, basher need to be dropped from the team. What do you guys think about that?

Last edited by shimul99; May 21, 2007 at 03:48 PM..

Old May 21, 2007, 03:51 PM
Banned

keep them for both ODI/Test
n0 need to stick with the old formula
we need to be innovative before the others!

1. Tamim
2. Sakib
3. Mashrafi (capt)
4. Ashraful (vc)
5. Aftab
6. Nafees
7. Mushfiq (wk)
8. Razzak
9. Shahadat
10. Rafiq
11. Rasel
Old May 21, 2007, 05:38 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Napoleon Einstein

javed has to be there for tests he is one of the best test openers you have got
he was given out to a bad decision yesterday
Old May 21, 2007, 05:57 PM
Banned

beda tui hagol hoi gechosh...mashrafee one down batsman..tui ahsole hagol na, ashta ekta sa**l
Old May 22, 2007, 01:21 AM
Club Cricketer

Just drop Bashar, Masud and Javed and don't bring Aftab and tamim back in test... could be some solution. fill up those seats with someone more inclined to hold the wicket.

Batting lineup will seem ok then. don't go for my head, We have to find other players apart from these five. rotating them is not a solution.
Old May 22, 2007, 01:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbssr
Just drop Bashar, Masud and Javed and don't bring Aftab and tamim back in test... could be some solution. fill up those seats with someone more inclined to hold the wicket.

Batting lineup will seem ok then. don't go for my head, We have to find other players apart from these five. rotating them is not a solution.
If you're going to drop bashar, mashud and javed, and not bring back aftab or tamim, then who the hell do you suggest? Who in all of bangladesh can hold their wicket and score runs at the same time?
Old May 22, 2007, 01:32 AM
Cricket Guru

my batting order!!!! (odi & test)
tamim
aftab
sakib(vc)
ash(captain)
s.nafees
mushi(wkt)
mashrafee
rafique
shahdat
razzak
rasel

this strictly means NO HABLU....GOLLLA...OR PILOT!!!!!!
Old May 22, 2007, 02:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

My Boyan: I wish some of you guys really understood what Test cricket meant. Honestly,I think sometimes you confuse U19 tournaments with test matches. Test is really not for fans but for critics, cricinfo and BanglaCricket junkies, its for players against players. Test cricket never expanded ( and I doubt it ever will ) beyond 11/12 countries around the world of 200 nations, in this day of age of 'instant gratification'. Test cricket, it is like chess,,its about strategy, experience, and master of their own role and beyond. How many of you follow the Ashes? Do you recall what happend to last Ash series and how Australia dominated? Was it with all new faces and boundaries/over boundaries?

My Shaney Nujul: For fans like us,, we should keep awake for ODI or 20/20 like short term funs. Fans like to see Heroes, that dancing down the wickets 4, 6, paddle scoop, young faces, excitement, new talent and all that vibrant activities. Maybe its the anthropology,,we Bangladeshi's were never known for patience or long term strategic ploys and it shows in our Test results as well..

My Ajan: Come to the path of Test Cricket leaving behind your polluted ODI lists and expectations. May God bless your Tests..
Old May 22, 2007, 02:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: JOBG

Mashrafe should not be promoted.

First of all, he is our main strike bowler so let him fully devote to that.

Secondly, he plays sensibly when our top order fails. When the top order adds up a good total and he comes to bat he just slogs and adds few more crucial runs to the total. It's a win win situation.

If he bats early in the order, and gets out poorly trying to hit an occasional six, and a couple more batsman goes out right away, our team is done for. He makes our tail stronger (which frustrates the opposition) and provides a spark at the end. And thats what he should continue doing.
Old May 22, 2007, 06:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAHRIAR NAFEES!!!!!!!!!!

we need nafees, well maybe we dont but he should get anutha chance, bashar (isnt good, srry cant use any bad words already got 3 warnings :P) and gets wasted chances, shahriar is like the blue moon, well, still he should get anutha chance
Old May 22, 2007, 06:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
My Boyan: I wish some of you guys really understood what Test cricket meant. Honestly,I think sometimes you confuse U19 tournaments with test matches. Test is really not for fans but for critics, cricinfo and BanglaCricket junkies, its for players against players. Test cricket never expanded ( and I doubt it ever will ) beyond 11/12 countries around the world of 200 nations, in this day of age of 'instant gratification'. Test cricket, it is like chess,,its about strategy, experience, and master of their own role and beyond. How many of you follow the Ashes? Do you recall what happend to last Ash series and how Australia dominated? Was it with all new faces and boundaries/over boundaries?

My Shaney Nujul: For fans like us,, we should keep awake for ODI or 20/20 like short term funs. Fans like to see Heroes, that dancing down the wickets 4, 6, paddle scoop, young faces, excitement, new talent and all that vibrant activities. Maybe its the anthropology,,we Bangladeshi's were never known for patience or long term strategic ploys and it shows in our Test results as well..

My Ajan: Come to the path of Test Cricket leaving behind your polluted ODI lists and expectations. May God bless your Tests..
Funny post, but well said.
Old May 22, 2007, 11:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
my batting order!!!! (odi & test)
tamim
aftab
sakib(vc)
ash(captain)
s.nafees
mushi(wkt)
mashrafee
rafique
shahdat
razzak
rasel

this strictly means NO HABLU....GOLLLA...OR PILOT!!!!!!
Such a silly post

Please go and read what test cricket means.

1/ Mashud was given a bad decision, he definetely not be out from lbw since it hit is bat, same for JO, bad umpiring.

2/ Having the same team for ODI and test with these players is darn right STUPID.

3/ bashar on record is still the best test player BD has produced.

4/ Javed Omar is probably the best test batsman we have.

5/ Mash cannot be captain, having your main pace bowler as a captain is impractical and too much pressure on him, since he's already and allrounder.

6/ Aftab and tamim arent ready for tests.

7/ Mashud is a better keeper than Mushfiq, though mushfiq's batting is very ideal for tests, he still is too young and needs to develop is wicket keeping.

8/ Rasel is not good for tests, he only takes wickets when players take rash shots and his unpredictable pace, this is ideal for ODI, but not tests where experienced temperemental players will welcome his bowling overs.

9/ Where is enamul where is Rajin? we need these guys to play tests, to develop their career. Also theyre pretty good test players.

So please next time think before you post such garbage, no offense.
Old May 23, 2007, 04:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Naf
Such a silly post

Please go and read what test cricket means.

1/ Mashud was given a bad decision, he definetely not be out from lbw since it hit is bat, same for JO, bad umpiring.

2/ Having the same team for ODI and test with these players is darn right STUPID.

3/ bashar on record is still the best test player BD has produced.

4/ Javed Omar is probably the best test batsman we have.

5/ Mash cannot be captain, having your main pace bowler as a captain is impractical and too much pressure on him, since he's already and allrounder.

6/ Aftab and tamim arent ready for tests.

7/ Mashud is a better keeper than Mushfiq, though mushfiq's batting is very ideal for tests, he still is too young and needs to develop is wicket keeping.

8/ Rasel is not good for tests, he only takes wickets when players take rash shots and his unpredictable pace, this is ideal for ODI, but not tests where experienced temperemental players will welcome his bowling overs.

9/ Where is enamul where is Rajin? we need these guys to play tests, to develop their career. Also theyre pretty good test players.

So please next time think before you post such garbage, no offense.
the thing is i know what u mean.. but seriously speaking wat has enam done??? u said aftab and tamim aren't ready 4 tests.. but in yesturdays match we needed players lyk them!! and i neva said mash to be our captain i said ash!!!! some of ur points r gud but the thing is most of these players that r in the test squad at the moment havent been doin anyfin gud.. sooo i thought if we try sumfin different then sumfin gud might happen!!! das all!!
Old May 23, 2007, 04:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

2nd test
Javed Omar
Shahriar Nafees
Habibul Bashar
Mohammad Ashraful
Rajin Saleh
Sakib Al Hasan
Mushy Rahim
Mashrafe Mortaza