facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 25, 2007, 09:44 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Why is BC still showing "Thank you, Dav" banner?

I think we have said enuff 'thank u' to Dav Whatmore for his contribution to Bangladesh Cricket. After watching this horrible 2nd test (esp. for choosing to field first) and for Dav's shameless 'chamchami' to BCCI, I think it is time to remove the current banner from BC and replacing back the old one. Moderators, could you please do that as a 'sign of protest' for his shameless behavior? Thank you.

More of Dav's chamchami in today's Anandabazar: http://www.anandabazar.com/25khela4.htm

Old May 25, 2007, 09:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Stop accusing the coach for everything. He has very little control over how the players will play themselves.
Old May 25, 2007, 09:53 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
.. He has very little control over how the players will play themselves.
..and does he have control over himself for his lust and shamelessness???
Old May 25, 2007, 09:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Id also prefer it changed, no offense on Dav though.
Old May 25, 2007, 09:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangla_usa
Do you believe everything in the press as a general rule?
Cricket Legend

I think it's fine. Shows we are classy fans.
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Do you have any control over yourself and your fingers, to stop typing such pointless things?

Listen bro (or sis...whatever), accusing someone without the right basis isn't right. I don't think I have any authority to say anything to you...coz neither I'm a mod, nor an admin. But as a fellow member, i can request you to be a little patient and not use someone else as the scapegoat.

Frankly, Bashar and Dav have become the regular scapegoats of the team. After EVERY bad performance, we see MILLIONS of threads just for blaming SOMEONE. Why not vent the frustrations about the players themselves, who are responsible for, well, PLAYING THE MATCH.
Old May 25, 2007, 10:03 AM
Test Cricketer

As an outsider, I find it in very bad taste that BD fans are abusing the coach like this. What has he done? Taught you some cricket? Forgot his home and family and worked with the BD boys day and night without any leave or rest for months on? Took BD cricket to the level where they beat India and SA in a world cup? Is that what he has done wrong? Why cant you even stand him in a mast head banner? This is thanklessness at the very worst. Why are you so impatient? Because he is joining a neighbouring country as a coach? Does he not have a right to chose what he wants to do with his life and career?
Old May 25, 2007, 10:03 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritro
Do you believe everything in the press as a general rule?
No, but the article was written by 'himself' and he has been writing and speaking on it in the press ever since he is the 'Coach of Interest' by BCCI; even before that in WC..which is the true opposite of 'professionalism'.
Old May 25, 2007, 10:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
No, but the article was written by 'himself' and he has been writing and speaking on it in the press ever since he is the 'Coach of Interest' by BCCI; even before that in WC..which is the true opposite of 'professionalism'.
I didn't read the link you provided. My comment was about all the claims about his recent antics in trying to hop in bed with the BCCI

The bangla text in that article isn't showing btw
Old May 25, 2007, 10:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
As an outsider, I find it in very bad taste that BD fans are abusing the coach like this. What has he done? Taught you some cricket? Forgot his home and family and worked with the BD boys day and night without any leave or rest for months on? Took BD cricket to the level where they beat India and SA in a world cup? Is that what he has done wrong? Why cant you even stand him in a mast head banner? This is thanklessness at the very worst. Why are you so impatient? Because he is joining a neighbouring country as a coach? Does he not have a right to chose what he wants to do with his life and career?
Good post
Old May 25, 2007, 10:10 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Forgot his home and family and worked with the BD boys day and night without any leave or rest for months on? Took BD cricket to the level where they beat India and SA in a world cup? Is that what he has done wrong? Why cant you even stand him in a mast head banner? This is thanklessness at the very worst. Why are you so impatient? Because he is joining a neighbouring country as a coach? Does he not have a right to chose what he wants to do with his life and career?
I said we have said enough 'thank you' to him for his contribution. And he didn't do the job as a volunteer or for simply the love of cricket. We paid him $10,000 USD per month. Do you know what is the average per capita income in BD or in IND?? go, figure it out.
Old May 25, 2007, 10:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
What? Abusing? I have seen what you Indians do to your players and coaches after they perform badly.
At least we don't trash their houses.
Old May 25, 2007, 10:36 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
What? Abusing? I have seen what you Indians do to your players and coaches after they perform badly.

Exactly. Surfer, how could you forget so early what you did to Chappel and to your players after WC? Before pointing it to others, look at yourselves first, PLEASE.
Old May 25, 2007, 10:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
Dont make it an India-BD thread stay on the subject. If you are trying to hurt me by showing me what happens in India, I dont give a damn. India is a big country and like any other country, bad things also happen in India.

Quite a lot of crime and wrong things happen in India. Thats does not justify wrong happenings in BD. Whats in bad taste remains in bad taste irrespective of whether its in India or BD.

Once again, dont make it an India-BD thread.
Old May 25, 2007, 10:41 AM
Street Cricketer

My mistake, even before the WC, I saw a news that some Indian fan slapped on Chappel's face when he was getting out of the bus....is it 'thankless' at its best, Mr. Surfer???
Old May 25, 2007, 10:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
My mistake, even before the WC, I saw a news that some Indian fan slapped on Chappel's face when he was getting out of the bus....is it 'thankless' at its best, Mr. Surfer???
I would use different words for that in place of 'thankless'. That was criminal, idiotic, uncivilized and inexcusable. Thats a lot worse than abusing a coach on a forum.

So whats your point?
Old May 25, 2007, 10:50 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Dont make it an India-BD thread stay on the subject. If you are trying to hurt me by showing me what happens in India, I dont give a damn. India is a big country and like any other country, bad things also happen in India.

Quite a lot of crime and wrong things happen in India. Thats does not justify wrong happenings in BD. Whats in bad taste remains in bad taste irrespective of whether its in India or BD.

Once again, dont make it an India-BD thread.

As I said, before pointing it to others look at yourselves first.....and soon we will see in the news that indian fans will slap AGAIN to Dav...I am getting ready for that
Old May 25, 2007, 10:51 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
I think we have said enuff 'thank u' to Dav Whatmore for his contribution to Bangladesh Cricket. After watching this horrible 2nd test (esp. for choosing to field first) and for Dav's shameless 'chamchami' to BCCI, I think it is time to remove the current banner from BC and replacing back the old one. Moderators, could you please do that as a 'sign of protest' for his shameless behavior? Thank you.

More of Dav's chamchami in today's Anandabazar: http://www.anandabazar.com/25khela4.htm
You don't throw someone under the bus on the basis of how we performed one day in a 5 day game. There is nothing shameless in looking for a new job after you have fulfilled your responsibilities under the old one. Any of us who has worked for a living, and more importantly depends on one to feed his family, knows what it will be like if the paychecks stopped coming. Grow up and learn to appreciate when someone does something good for you. Any team takes time to grow, we are past the days of magic lamps and genies. Please be constructive and propose a name for a new coach who you think will be better and we will all participate in the discussion.

Go TIGERS!!
Old May 25, 2007, 10:53 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
I would use different words for that in place of 'thankless'. That was criminal, idiotic, uncivilized and inexcusable. Thats a lot worse than abusing a coach on a forum.

So whats your point?
Hey, no hard feelings dude, I just don't like Dav's approach to getting out of BD, that's all. He could have taken other job in a professional manner. And we all love our country, like you do.
Old May 25, 2007, 10:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Hey, no hard feelings dude, I just don't like Dav's approach to getting out of BD, that's all. And we all love our country, like you do.
I can understand that. I was also furious with Greg after the world cup
Old May 25, 2007, 11:00 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
I said we have said enough 'thank you' to him for his contribution. And he didn't do the job as a volunteer or for simply the love of cricket. We paid him $10,000 USD per month. Do you know what is the average per capita income in BD or in IND?? go, figure it out.
I guess I should not waste my time responding to you. Do you know how much the TV rights for BD cricket sold for - $56 millions (forgot the exact no., but I think it is the right amount). Do you think it is the fairweather fans like you who is bringing the revenue or is it the performance of the team or where people with money believe the team is headed in the future? Do you think the coach has something to do with that? What a surprise, he does have something to do with it...... And I don't know if the $120,000/yr amount is correct, I doubt it, but I wouldn't mind if it is. If you want to be competitive, you have to be willing to pay the market price.

What would be a right salary for our coach in your mind? 25,000 TK per month?

Go TIGERS!!
Old May 25, 2007, 12:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

This is a silly thread. But your reply is even more silly. It's just a few emotional BD fans reacting like that. Yes, we know what Dav did for BD, but you don't need to rub it in with this type of language, shows your class is not much better than the person who made this stupid thread in the first place.

Quote:
Old May 25, 2007, 12:30 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBTiger
I guess I should not waste my time responding to you. Do you know how much the TV rights for BD cricket sold for - $56 millions (forgot the exact no., but I think it is the right amount). Do you think it is the fairweather fans like you who is bringing the revenue or is it the performance of the team or where people with money believe the team is headed in the future? Do you think the coach has something to do with that? What a surprise, he does have something to do with it...... And I don't know if the $120,000/yr amount is correct, I doubt it, but I wouldn't mind if it is. If you want to be competitive, you have to be willing to pay the market price.

What would be a right salary for our coach in your mind? 25,000 TK per month?
Why are you twisting my point here, bro? I said, he didn't do his job voluntarily, we paid him enuff more than the standard of our country to do his job. So, there is no point to do 'godogodo' to him like you are doing right now. We have already said enuff thank you to him and he is leaving the country at his own will..not like we fired him or did anything bad to him..

And you called me a 'fairweather fan'??!! You can say it bro, I never mind. Cause, BD cricket is in my heart 'n soul. In the late 80's/early 90's, when I was a kid, BD used to play Asia cup...all the matches were one-sided...BD lost by huge margin..but I was watching all through...it was just the scorecard on the screen that drew all my attention, where 'BAN' as Bangladesh was mentioned..as I thought my country was known now to the world...we have come a long way since then..I grew as the cricket in BD also grew up...1997, 1999..those were the years never been forgotten...I never supported any other team except BD nor I had any favorite player in other teams. I am such a dumb supporter that even in the 9th wicket stand, I do expect a win from BD by chasing 200 runs. Last year, I went to a conference with my groupmate, a white american. We shared the same room. In the middle of the night, I woke up to follow BD-Aus match...next morning he was burst into me: what the heck you were doing whole night? I smiled with a dumb look on my face. In BD, I used to have fight with my brother during BD mathes, as we had one TV and he didn't want to see the one-sided bd matches. My family still don't have any clue why I have been following these fruitless matches day by day. Neither do I. You are wrong my friend. I am a 'Badweather' fan. I carried the BD flag, when people felt shame to hoist on, I had beaten the fans in BD who supported PAK when BD-PAK played (yeah, I still feel I did the right thing cause that was an insult to my country), I argued with shameless girls who dont understand cricket but their favorite players are good-looking PAK cricketers..I have been with Bangladesh no matter it is a huge defeat or marginal win

I know BD will win someday continuously in tests and ODIs and I know forums like BC will be flooded by many BD fans. I have decided to pick another favorite team by then and stop supporting BD. Or may be to follow another sport other than cricket (this one would be easier than stop supporting BD). I can see that day there will be many fans of BD cricket in BD and around the world (and in my family too), who will give me knowledge about BD cricket "BD is playing good cricket, are you not following!" I'll put the dumb look on my face again and will smile, "Are they??"

Last edited by bangla_usa; May 25, 2007 at 01:16 PM..
Old May 25, 2007, 12:32 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uss01
This is a silly thread. But your reply is even more silly. It's just a few emotional BD fans reacting like that. Yes, we know what Dav did for BD, but you don't need to rub it in with this type of language, shows your class is not much better than the person who made this stupid thread in the first place.
You have shown your class here too...