facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 29, 2004, 05:28 PM
Street Cricketer

Default can anyone help re BD bowling ?

I am pretty new to BD cricket but have been watching this test match..I don't trust the application of the WI side in test match conditions and could easily see them choking but does the BD side have enough strength to pressure them ? How are the selected bowlers performing and can they do it on this track ? The WI it appears are still strong favourites to win, can this be right ? Any comments much appreciated as I am having quite an argument with my brother about it and the cost of a dinner is at stake......Many thanks

Old May 29, 2004, 05:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

K think about it....400 on stumps day 2. They would have to score 700 or so to give themselves a chance. That would take them at least 2 days. With Windies scoring at 4 an over and no rain interruptions they could set us 300 to win on the last day and pray that the pitch cracks up. Personally I think our bowlers have enough to make the Windies bat twice and any more rain will bring us a draw
Old May 29, 2004, 05:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by freeflow
I am pretty new to BD cricket but have been watching this test match..I don't trust the application of the WI side in test match conditions and could easily see them choking but does the BD side have enough strength to pressure them ? How are the selected bowlers performing and can they do it on this track ? The WI it appears are still strong favourites to win, can this be right ? Any comments much appreciated as I am having quite an argument with my brother about it and the cost of a dinner is at stake......Many thanks
Well WI is still favorite as this is a batsman's wicket and they have some "great" batsmen. But if I would bet I would go for Bangladesh...... just dont ask me why:P
Old May 29, 2004, 05:40 PM
Street Cricketer

thankyou for such an erudite response...i guess a lot will depend on whether Lara is on a going day. Gayle plays straight and is improving also but many of the others, Sarwan excepted perhaps, can easily lose concentration.. anyone seen a weather forecast ? Do you have a seamer of any worth or will it be down to the spinners? Do you have a leggie ?
Old May 29, 2004, 05:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Seamer - Tapash
Leggie - Ashraful
Old May 29, 2004, 07:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
thankyou for such an erudite response...i guess a lot will depend on whether Lara is on a going day. Gayle plays straight and is improving also but many of the others, Sarwan excepted perhaps, can easily lose concentration.. anyone seen a weather forecast ? Do you have a seamer of any worth or will it be down to the spinners? Do you have a leggie ?

Freeflow, Ashraful canbowl a bit of legspin (3 bags of 5 in 39 first-class games), and Rafique, who is probably feeling good right now, has 39 test wickets in 10 matches, with 3 bags of 5.

Lets see how good the West Indies' application is ...
Old May 30, 2004, 12:45 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

i think freeflow was asking for some description of our bowlers. so, i'll give a short description of our arsenal:

Mohammad Rafique: The raw-freak, as i like to call him, is the best hope for bd. Arguably, the best SLA of the world right now, he is getting better and better day by day in test cricket. famous for his armballs and in the last tests he played, he got always good number of wickets.

Taposh baisha: a seamer who always was there but never in the lime light until THIS very series. he had some awesome bowling in the odi and the second trump card of bd bowling.

Tareq aziz: a new commer, a debutant, to be precise. nothing exceptional, but had a match winning performance against ZIM A team (the real zim). we don't know yet how he'll turn out.

mushfiqur rahman: pacer and alrounder. so far, he did cameout to be good change bowler when a break thru is needed. not sure about how he'll do here.

no more regular bowlers. but, its pretty sure by now that the pitch will favore spinners (wish manjarul rana was in the 11). as a result, it seems like sumon will use two other spinners: rajin saleh and mohammad ashraful. even though they are not regular bowler, u need to keep in mind that asharaful came into the team as a spinner and rajin's record is not that bad either.

i hope rafique-ash-rajin will show some spin and will make the WI batsmen's head spin.
Old May 30, 2004, 12:47 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

I believe Rafique has 42 wickets not 39

Quote:
Originally posted by IanW
Quote:

Freeflow, Ashraful canbowl a bit of legspin (3 bags of 5 in 39 first-class games), and Rafique, who is probably feeling good right now, has 39 test wickets in 10 matches, with 3 bags of 5.

Lets see how good the West Indies' application is ...
Old May 30, 2004, 12:55 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

More profile info is in our database:
Rafique
Tapash
Mushfiq
Tareq Aziz
Ashraful
Rajin