facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 2, 2002, 06:19 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default U-19 WC in Khulna

Just read in the daily star that the under-19 WC in 2004 will be held in Khulna. The request was put out by Ali Asghar, Lobby to the ICC and according to him it was apporved. Here is the link:
http://www.dailystarnews.com/200208/...0304.htm#BODY5

I am two minded about the decision to make Khulna the venue for the event. First of all, Lobby is from Khulna so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why he decided to make Khulna the venue. Taka 1.5 crore has already been sanctioned to preparing Khulna stadium. I am not sure where the money is coming from. If it is coming from the ICC, then I would say it was a smart move to use the fund to build up another test venue in the country.

On the other hand, I am not sure if Khulna is the ideal place to hold a world sporting event, in terms of facilities for the atheletes. Also, I am not sure if all the games will attract a decent number of people, and if they do whether Khulna will be able to accomodate fans that will be coming in from Dhaka and other places. But my biggest concern is whether Lobby, or any of the other BCB officials, are getting a kick back from this deal.

[Edited on 2-8-2002 by Ockey]