facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 15, 2007, 10:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Default Last Chance for Nazimuddin

He is described as the 5 feet 4 inches Bangladeshi Dynamite. He hasn't started to get going and his time is running out sooner than ever. He has to show his potential in the first super eight encounter against Australia today. I still have hopes for this guy more so because he hasn't had the full opportunities yet, to have a full blast that is.

I would never replace Tamim because there is no one in the Bangladeshi team who times or hits the ball harder than him. This is the best opening partnership, if it fires that is. Let's keep our hopes pinned on these explosives. If Nazim gets going and Tamim supports him atleast for some time we can reach around 160 atleast. Why so low? Well, we still have batsman like Sakib who will go around run per ball and Alok who will waste 10 more balls for his 10. In a desperate cry, I want to replace Alok with Junaed or even Nadif who will surely bring dividends. Both are gifted and more explosive than any of the current Bangladeshi players, except Ash and Aftab that is. Imagine a side like this,
1.Tamim
2.Nazim
3.Aftab
4.Ash
5.Junaed
6.Sakib
7.Farhad
8.Mashrafe
9.Mushfique
10.Rasel
11.Razzak

Hell with Mushfique batting at 9, this side can be world beaters. In fact record breakers if "JUST ONE" of them get going. Trust me, this team will intimidate any team and the lower order will crack centuries in 5 overs. If we have this kind of explosive team then we can hope for 200 which should be enough for anybody to defend. And possibly have a greater chance for victory.

Going back to the topic of Nazimuddin, I say give him some opportunities, we all heard what he can do, and let's just wait for the magic. Tamim has scored half centuries in the last warm up matches and against SRL, so he is farely in a good form, and Nazim has had a tremendous build up before dimmin for a while. I am expecting a ferocious onslought from him today. If he fails though, it's a different story because he will leave me and a lot of us disappointed. So let's just hope for his and the whole team's sake he delivers.

Old September 15, 2007, 10:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

interesting..
Old September 15, 2007, 11:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i'd like to see nazim bat at #5 in a T20 match, think he could do very well at that position and it might be more beneficial to the team. i know he's done well opening the innings (except for the last couple of matches) but at #5 the ball probably wouldn't be nipping around as much so it would give him a bit more of a chance to make a big score.
Old September 15, 2007, 11:15 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner
Default great review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
He is described as the 5 feet 4 inches Bangladeshi Dynamite. He hasn't started to get going and his time is running out sooner than ever. He has to show his potential in the first super eight encounter against Australia today. I still have hopes for this guy more so because he hasn't had the full opportunities yet, to have a full blast that is.

I would never replace Tamim because there is no one in the Bangladeshi team who times or hits the ball harder than him. This is the best opening partnership, if it fires that is. Let's keep our hopes pinned on these explosives. If Nazim gets going and Tamim supports him atleast for some time we can reach around 160 atleast. Why so low? Well, we still have batsman like Sakib who will go around run per ball and Alok who will waste 10 more balls for his 10. In a desperate cry, I want to replace Alok with Junaed or even Nadif who will surely bring dividends. Both are gifted and more explosive than any of the current Bangladeshi players, except Ash and Aftab that is. Imagine a side like this,
1.Tamim
2.Nazim
3.Aftab
4.Ash
5.Junaed
6.Sakib
7.Farhad
8.Mashrafe
9.Mushfique
10.Rasel
11.Razzak

Hell with Mushfique batting at 9, this side can be world beaters. In fact record breakers if "JUST ONE" of them get going. Trust me, this team will intimidate any team and the lower order will crack centuries in 5 overs. If we have this kind of explosive team then we can hope for 200 which should be enough for anybody to defend. And possibly have a greater chance for victory.

Going back to the topic of Nazimuddin, I say give him some opportunities, we all heard what he can do, and let's just wait for the magic. Tamim has scored half centuries in the last warm up matches and against SRL, so he is farely in a good form, and Nazim has had a tremendous build up before dimmin for a while. I am expecting a ferocious onslought from him today. If he fails though, it's a different story because he will leave me and a lot of us disappointed. So let's just hope for his and the whole team's sake he delivers.

i agree with u completely. this team is the world best team. If opening partnership works, I have no idea, where the score will end up. lets beat Aussie. But i think shakib is doing good job here
Old September 15, 2007, 11:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Its really pathetic to see Nazimuddin ruining every single chance he has been given. Opening partnership is extremely crucial in terms of the morale of the team. You set a good score, you also bring confidence to the team.

It was utterly pathetic to see him go for a duck when everyone (even the bowlers) added their bits to the score. Amongst the many changes BCB made to the teams, one they missed is and should implement ASAP is reduce the number of chances they give to a player. In a major series/tournament such as this they should put a quota of 2 bad performances. Any more and you are out.

Otherwise, honestly his bad performance will cause more damage than Aussies bowling attack.
Old September 15, 2007, 11:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I think that he's been given another shot because he's done so well in the warm up matches, specially against a good bowling attack of Pakistan. Hopefully he'll fire today and set a good opening partnership with Tamim.

I also think that some people are being too harsh on Shakib. He has for sure been one of our better bowlers so far and he has done better with the bat than many of our other batsmen, not to mention that he's a pretty good fielder. So please, let's be just and not critisize a player who's doing fairly well.
Old September 16, 2007, 12:04 AM
Cricket Guru

in nazim's defence he was a bit unlucky with the lbw decision against south africa, that probably shouldn't have been given (there should have been too much doubt in the umpires mind to give it out). as for giving nazim too many chances well tamim has done much worse than nazim if you include the warm-up matches and it's not like the other batsmen have been any more consistent (except for maybe aftab) during the warm-up matches and the tournament matches.

Last edited by Gowza; September 16, 2007 at 12:58 AM..
Old September 16, 2007, 12:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_omar
I think that he's been given another shot because he's done so well in the warm up matches, specially against a good bowling attack of Pakistan. Hopefully he'll fire today and set a good opening partnership with Tamim.

I also think that some people are being too harsh on Shakib. He has for sure been one of our better bowlers so far and he has done better with the bat than many of our other batsmen, not to mention that he's a pretty good fielder. So please, let's be just and not critisize a player who's doing fairly well.
i agree shakib has done alright, he can turn the ball a lot so he's a good choice to bowl at the death as he showed against the west indies, and he's a decent batsmen. he's actually one of the biggest assets bangladesh have for T20 cricket imo, someone who can take wickets at the death end of the match and can also make a good score if need be. he still needs more time to improve his consistency but the talent is there for all aspects of the game (batting, bowling and fielding).
Old September 16, 2007, 12:19 AM
Cricket Legend

I am very much against the idea of putting Junaid as a middle-order batsmen. Openers should stay openers. Nadif can replace Alok.
Old September 16, 2007, 12:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash

I would rather keep Nazim in opening and put Junaid at one down, pushing the order by 1 and keep Alok out of the game.
Old September 16, 2007, 12:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

The way Nazim was out yesterday was unlucky.. even the commemtator said that. I still think he is a good batsman and should get a chance against Australia.

My recommendation is Alok and Farhad should be out and put any other guys in..
Old September 16, 2007, 01:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

He deserves a few more chances.
Old September 16, 2007, 02:42 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Last Chance? Good thing. BD players don't want be kicked out of the team, so they play extremely well in their last chance. GO Nazim. Tame Kangaroos.
Old September 16, 2007, 03:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Leave the team as it is. Why make a change now ? They haven't played that badly.
Old September 16, 2007, 05:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

lol wtf he aint 5ft 4 inches, dam thats shorter than ash and aftab. He's like 5ft 9
Old September 16, 2007, 03:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Hmmm I am afraid this world cup is over for Nazimuddin.
Old September 16, 2007, 05:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Why should he be dropped ? He still is in the top 15 in the T20I aggregate scores. What evidence have we got that anyone else will be better ? Better the devil we know....

He scored a 81 against Pakistan. Do you know anyone else who has ? T20 is not a game where you will get consistent performers due to the nature of the game. In fact, Aftab's performance is most gratifying and not a surprise to me. I have never understood how he could be dropped from any form of the game.
Old September 16, 2007, 05:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

it is a good job that the posters here don't pick the team
Old September 16, 2007, 05:30 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

I pray and hope that he is not a Tushar Imran jnr in the making
Old September 16, 2007, 07:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
it is a good job that the posters here don't pick the team
i 2nd thattt..nazim/tamim one of em..gotta go to make way for junaedd..
Old September 16, 2007, 08:15 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Gilly Klusener Bulbul

all of our superstars n heros..dont Xcits 4 a long time ..nazim is just lik the other ..SN RAJIN ALOK TAMIM tushar..only pilot bashar n rofiq stayed n continued 2 play well ...but now dayz they r lost too

ALOK = Zunaed
Reza = nadif or ziya ..
Old September 16, 2007, 09:00 PM
Banned

last chance is over..1MORE chance i GES
Old September 16, 2007, 09:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

i want to see him in his place that is NO.3. this is where he usually plays. hes no opener. we just make anyone a opener....look at mehrab jr. he was a middle order batsman in u-19 team but he came to the national team as an opener.. we are just ruining these kids...
Old September 16, 2007, 09:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
i want to see him in his place that is NO.3. this is where he usually plays. hes no opener. we just make anyone a opener....look at mehrab jr. he was a middle order batsman in u-19 team but he came to the national team as an opener.. we are just ruining these kids...
TAMIM
JUNAED
NAZIM
AFTAB
ASH
SAKIB
ZIYA/ NADIF
MASH
MUSFIQ
RAZAK
RASAL

??what u think muradnyc...
Old September 16, 2007, 09:59 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib,riad,rajib

i really dont want to see anymore alok and nazim in 20/20 wc. give chance to nadif or zia let see what they do .

tamim
nadif
aftab
ashraful
sakib
zia
masraffie
reza
musfiq
razzak
rasel

i think this team will be do a great job for 20/20 wc