facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 22, 2013, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Default Brad Hodge considering an Ashes return

This is one cricketer I have immense respect for. Brutally unlucky and a case of what could have been. I do hope he does play Test cricket for one last time.

Quote:
Brad Hodge is seriously considering a last-gasp effort to push for a spot on the Ashes tour, and Victoria's selectors have discussed the possibility of finding room for him in the closing three Sheffield Shield matches of the summer.

Currently playing in the Bangladesh Premier League, 38-year-old Hodge has revealed that he is weighing up the possibility of a return to the Victorian Shield team in the closing months of the season.
More

The man has scored everywhere. BBL, IPL, BPL, Sheffield Shield, Tests - you name it. Just goes to show the gulf of difference between, say, us and the Aussies when a man with a 55 avg in Tests gets dropped.

Old January 22, 2013, 11:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Every board has their stepsons...
Old January 22, 2013, 06:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

he is known to not get along with a lot of players, which i'm sure is why his selection opportunities have been limited. but now that australia's young ones are struggling to step up and fill the shoes i'm sure he'll be considered. but he hasn't played FC cricket for awhile, he's going to have to score big in the couple of chances he gets before the shield season ends. dave hussey is in the mix to, and although he has had a poor FC season so far he's at least been playing FC cricket consistently so he's obviously fit enough for the format plus he's in the australian' ODI and t20 squads so he's got a good chance of selection for the ashes if the selectors are looking for an older experienced guy, dave hussey has a really strong county record to which will help his cause.

Last edited by Gowza; January 22, 2013 at 08:33 PM..
Old January 22, 2013, 07:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Every board has their stepsons...
as i said in my other post, he's been known to have issues with other players so that would have impacted on his selection i'm sure. also he's part of the hayden, langer, martyn, ponting, katich, gilchrist etc era where the batsman were just always scoring runs. the only way of getting into the team was due to someones injury and then when they became fully fit again they got dropped regardless of whether they performed. hussey was lucky to get in when he did, he replaced an injured langer then he performed and took a spot down the order due to the selectors wanting clarke to work on some things.
Old January 22, 2013, 07:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Yeah in the limited opportunities Hodge got he scored a double century and next thing you know he gets dropped. Bangladesh would be blessed to have that kind of luxury.