facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 21, 2011, 10:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Lets renew Jamies contract for another two years, I say. By now he should have a good knowledge about our cricket culture, culture and the players. Specially, if Jamie wants to stay then he should definitely be retained. Any new coach will need time to get used to the culture and local cricket. The squad Jamie has been sticking with is the right squad. There are no Tendulkars or Wasim Akrams are being kept out. Of course, I would like to see the return of a fit Mash as well as players like Alok Kapali if he performs well in the domestics. Nasir Hossain could be a new addition to the squad.

Jamie must be fair to all the players and treat or discipline them equally. Also, he needs to broaden his horizon about other talents outside the squad.

Last edited by BanCricFan; March 21, 2011 at 10:45 AM..

Old March 21, 2011, 10:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Tamim should keep his mouth shut. He's been taking way too much these days.

This to me seems like a classic case of cronyism. Where you root for your friends. Jamie and Tamim have developed a good relation over the years and this is simply just that. This I don't think is an objective evaluation by Tamim.

Jamie may be a good technical coach, but he is way to negative and defensive in approach. This overtime has hurt our team and to an extent the team has regressed. Evidence of this would be our win margins against the Associate teams. Look at how our win margins against associate teams have decreased during Jamie's tenure and compare that to the results from Whatmore's tenure.
Old March 21, 2011, 10:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Tamim, STHU and focus on ur batting and ur vuri (gut).

Siddons MUST GO!!! We are pathetic if we keep a control freak like Siddons. If not now, he will be fired in a year or so. Then we won't have enough time to rebuild the team.

So far, current admins have chosen good coaches. Example, Ian, Julien and Ross Turner. I am counting on this management to bring in another good coach.
Old March 21, 2011, 10:53 AM
Cricket Sage

At this point, what Tamim wants is not going to change anything.

From all the rumors that we are hearing, there will be some significant changes... and that includes some changes in BCB management, selector change, head coach chnage, and definitely that means some new players will be in and some will be out of the BCB future plan.

At this point, it doesn't matter whether you like it or not...but we all know its comming....and its not new in team sports.... after failure/missed opportunity at the highest level... fairly or unfairly, some of the players/coaches/selectos/executives will take the heat and will be saked.... that's the life of professional sports now a days.

And to me its perfectly ok .... we need change... and we need change beyond the current players... it have to be in coaching/team selectors/ BCB management.

So I am kind of looking forward to it..... I don't see it a knee jerk reaction... its expected.... the players should know that, the coaches should know that , the selectors should know that, the BCB executives should know that.

Good or bad we cannot go with the same bunch for next 4 years...there have to be new blood, there have to be new approach, there have to be new program to bring new blood, there have to be more competetion for each slots in the team for any hope in the next WC.

So I am look for some change.... I cannot live with the same for next 4 years. Sorry to say that.

Last edited by Fazal; March 21, 2011 at 11:06 AM..
Old March 21, 2011, 11:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

From all the rumors that we are hearing, there is be some significat changes... and that includes some changes in BCB management, selector change, head coach chnage, and definitely that means some new players will in and some will be out of the BCB future plan.

At this point, it doesn't matter whether you like it or not...but we all know its comming....and its not new in team sports.... after failure/missed opportunity at the highest level... fairly or unfairly some of the players/coaches/selectos/executives will take the heat and will be saked.... that the life of professional sports now a days.

And to me its perfectly ok .... we need change... and we need change beyond the current players... it have to be in coaching/team selectors/ BCB management.

So I am kind do looking forward to it..... I don't see it a knee jerk reaction... its expected.... the players should know that, the coached should know the , the selectors should know that, the BCB executives should know that.

Good or bad we cannot go with the same bunch for next 4 years...there have to be new blood, there have to be new approach, there have to be new program to bring new blood, there have to be more competetion for each slots in the team for any hope in the next WC.

So I am look for some change.... I cannot live with the same for next 4 years. Sorry to say that.
Old March 21, 2011, 11:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

From all the rumors that we are hearing, there is be some significat changes... and that includes some changes in BCB management, selector change, head coach chnage, and definitely that means some new players will in and some will be out of the BCB future plan.

At this point, it doesn't matter whether you like it or not...but we all know its comming....and its not new in team sports.... after failure/missed opportunity at the highest level... fairly or unfairly some of the players/coaches/selectos/executives will take the heat and will be saked.... that the life of professional sports now a days.

So I am kind do looking forward to it..... I don't see it a knee jerk reaction... its expected.... the players should know that, the coached should know the , the selectors should know that, the BCB executives should know that.

Mamu right on the spot...change is inevitable but proper change is required...change does not mean reject a player and rather it can be also looking after the players who used to perform and give them chance in A team levels...the way we changed the entire pace department was too risky...on the other hand middle order slow changes and sticking with players for all these years did not work either...right changes are needed in the right areas..
Old March 21, 2011, 11:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

100% with Fazal..he read my mind. After a failure of this proportion ( 58 and 78),you cannot expect that there will be no change. Even if the board was so much in love with Siddons, Rafique, they cannot justify their extension.

After every world cup, there are changes in coach and captains to promote and infuse new blood and ideas, this is no exception. Garry Kristen, Vettori, Gaeme Smith, Trevor Balyss, etc. are all leaving and that is good.

Tamim as a player flourished under Siddons after Watmore/McKinnes gave him the platform. As a freind of Siddons, he said it publicly. But he should not intervene or comment in these topics as they are strictly board issues and as professionals, he will have to work with any coach the board appoints. How does he know that the team will go backwards if we change guards? will they all revolt under the new coach? So, he would think, hypothetically speaking, Steve Waugh or Wasim Akram coaching Bangladesh team will send the team backwards?
Old March 21, 2011, 11:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Head Coach needs to be a planner.

If Tamim needs a teacher, he can maybe do some personal tutoring with Siddons/
Old March 21, 2011, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Tamim keep your big mouth shut and concentrate on the field, JS must gooo we had enought!!
its time for new start...
Old March 21, 2011, 12:02 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Funny that its the performances like his that is the reason people are saying Siddons needs to go. So, basically, what he is saying that they failed even after having a good coach.

I am all confused now: is he saying that its the players like him that need to go?

(I am not saying anyone needs to go at this point. A 2003 like probe is needed to find out what really happened, but I am having hard time figuring out which one was more stupid, his batting or his talking like this)
Old March 21, 2011, 12:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
Funny that its the performances like his that is the reason people are saying Siddons needs to go. So, basically, what he is saying that they failed even after having a good coach.

I am all confused now: is he saying that its the players like him that need to go?

(I am not saying anyone needs to go at this point. A 2003 like probe is needed to find out what really happened, but I am having hard time figuring out which one was more stupid, his batting or his talking like this)
I think, he is pretty much satisfied with his performance. He got a man of the match for scoring a 40, and another score was 70. You are not supposed to count those ducks like those 58 and 78.
Old March 21, 2011, 12:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Was it really Tamim who wrote this piece? Or it was Siddons himself? ;
Old March 21, 2011, 12:21 PM
Banned

After aus series I will talk.....too soon talk about js is staying.....I want to see what they[bd] do in aus sereis....there will be no crowd...no pressure...no demand....hopeless sereis.....if still they fail to contribute our cricket...ya siddons gotta go...and with bunch of home bumies[bd cricketer]. m

therefore,
we will see....and time will talk.
Old March 21, 2011, 12:26 PM
Banned

Although we know tamim is a chapabaz.....tamim what is your contribution in this worldcup??????? Man think about your self first then talk for others. thanks to me.....if u think i am right.
Old March 21, 2011, 12:27 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Default A Head Coach should have a vision

I'll keep it short.
  1. TIK should concentrate on his batting. A batsman with his talent should not average less than 40. We should start weeding out batsmen with < 30 average and push them toward high-30's and 40's.
  2. Jamie might have been a good teacher. But, having a long-term vision is also essential. I have not seen that from him at all. We still have weaknesses at 3, 4, 6, and 7. All JS has done was to recycle old wine into new bottles. Perhaps Riyad is one of the answers for top order, but he was player at 6 and 7! We have a ready-made replacement for the useless Mushy (other than stamping) in jahurul, but he was not even in the top 15!
  3. I absolutely don't like people engaged in favoritism. Unfortunately, JS had his boys. If you are not in that select group, you are unlikely to make much headway.
Thank you for your "teaching," Jamie. Now let's welcome a Head Coach. No. Not Gregg Chappell!
Old March 21, 2011, 12:45 PM
Cricket Legend

So you all think 4 years is good enough to turn Bangladeshi players into a top rank players? The new coach will take 1 year to blend in and then only 3 years to do what we all are expecting. Given that Bangladeshi players do not come with a good background of cricket basics makes it even more harder to accomplish such task in such a short period of time.

Simply put, the coach has to stay because his project is still "in progress" phase. That does not mean we should not send him a report of our concerns. So BCB should send him the issue list and expect a response on how the coaching team plans to address them.

I have seen too many players making debut for Bangladesh and very few staying with the team and it is a failed strategy.

Last edited by allrounder; March 21, 2011 at 12:58 PM..
Old March 21, 2011, 01:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Are beta Tamim tor ki ektouo schorom nai ?
Boro boro kotha bad dia batting practice kor beta .

Vodai hoys na

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old March 21, 2011, 01:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura43
But things would have been beautiful had we not been all out at 58 and 78 against West Indies and South Africa respectively.

It’s natural that right after the World Cup I should write about the experience I had during the tournament, but I guess it will be better to write about what bad can be happening rather what has already happened.

If we omit two results for the six matches that we played in the World Cup, then I think the result could have been wonderful and none could have possibly said that we performed badly in the tournament.

http://www.daily-sun.com/mob/index.p...e_id=1&index=1
Here Tamim is again, trying to downplay the shitty performance in the IND and WI games. It doesn't seem like he wants to take any responsibility for those games. It seems like he is more concerned about those 3 wins that the two games where they got their asses handed to them.

This kind of attitude does not sit well with me. And frankly, I must say I am disappointed with him.

You take any top batsmen of their time i.e. Ponting/Jayasuria, and these guys would tell you that their, and the team's performance was crap, and those 3 wins don't hold much merit if you get creamed as badly as BD did in the other two.

And here we have, supposedly our "batsman of the future" saying their performance in the 3 wins was wonderful, and those loses are more like afterthoughts.

Fact of the matter is, except for the NED and India game, our batting sucked, period. Diarrhea of wickets, bad shot selection, not playing according to the situation, etc. These guys seem to have zero adaptability. Not one player used their feet in the Ire game, in a very slow pitch, especially when Dockrell was bowling.

As for the article, I have no problem with it. He is standing up for his coach, and voicing his opinion in his own column. I believe he has the right to do so as the VC, and as a writer. However, don't think this will bode well with BCB.

Last edited by Leafs PWN; March 21, 2011 at 01:21 PM..
Old March 21, 2011, 01:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Sure, he can keep growing his bhuri as long Jamie is in charge .....

And yeah, some of our batsmen are so fine examples of improvement that we broke all our previous records for low scores .....
Old March 21, 2011, 01:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

সভা শেষে বিসিবির মিডিয়া কমিটির প্রধান জালাল ইউনুস জানিয়েছেন, আসন্ন অস্ট্রেলিয়া সফরের সময় দলের সঙ্গে থাকবেন না বোলিং কোচ ইয়ান পন্ট। ব্যক্তিগত ব্যস্ততার কারণে ওই সময়ে তিনি থাকবেন ইংল্যান্ডে। পন্ট সহ অন্যান্য সাপোর্ট স্টাফের চুক্তির মেয়াদ বাড়ানো হতে পারে বলে জানিয়েছেন জালাল ইউনুস। যদিও এটা একরকম নিশ্চিত, ফিজিও মাইকেল হেনরি এবং জাতীয় দলের কোচ জেমি সিডন্সের চুক্তির মেয়াদ নতুন করে বাড়ছে না। সেক্ষেত্রে চুক্তির নিয়ম অনুযায়ী ২৬ মার্চে বোর্ড সভার পরই হয়তো বিদায়ী নোটিশ দিয়ে দেওয়া হবে সিডন্সকে।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...21/news/140461
Old March 21, 2011, 01:47 PM
Cricket Savant

I have to agree with Tamim here.

@asif bhai
I am all for change but... Transition can sometimes be bad. Such as during this time of ours.

Quote:
Getting a new coach will slow down the momentum as the new one will have to start from zero.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Last edited by Zeeshan; March 21, 2011 at 01:57 PM..
Old March 21, 2011, 02:01 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
He should keep his mouth shut and start performing on the field. It is not his duty to advise anyone regarding head coach appointment. Where is the BCB code of conduct? I don't even see Sachin saying anything about the next coach of India. Ichre paka.
Couldn't say it better myself. I think LBW has it straight. We need a stern disciplinarian this time around.
Old March 21, 2011, 02:04 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Jahurul Islam

once i thought tamim is a smart cricketer...but proving himself as a chapabaz and khath...i hardly remember tamim scored big and we won...he is kinda unlucky 4 the team...so where is the improvements!! Can anyone tell me mushfiq or rokibul got a century yet!!
Old March 21, 2011, 02:08 PM
Club Cricketer

Tamim is still a kid and Shakib/Jamie is trying to eat "BOROI" (plum) on his head. Selector should relieve him from VC and nurture this great talent carefully. He will come great after 26. For the being, captaincy should be rotated between Mash/Shaqib and VC should be the likes of Mahmud Ullah/Mushfiq/Imrul. The reason I said Imrul because it should be based on performance.

Young players like Tamim/Jahurul/Shafiul should be handled very carefully because they are our future. For the time-being Ash should be considered only for tests so that he plays only one way.
Old March 21, 2011, 02:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshen
sure, he can keep growing his bhuri as long jamie is in charge .....
+ cronyism everywhere in BD cricket!