facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 7, 2003, 09:05 AM
Retired BC Admin

Default \"Over the last six Tests they\'ve played, they\'ve scared a couple of good teams...\"

Michael Vaughan has promised England will not under-estimate Bangladesh on the first of three tours this winter.
Skipper Vaughan and his squad set off for Dhaka on Wednesday and will play two Tests.

Bangladesh have lost 23 of their 24 Tests and have not won a one-day game for four years.

But Vaughan said: "Over the last six Tests they've played, they've scared a couple of good teams. We have to give them the utmost respect.

"You have to treat them exactly the same as playing anyone else. We'll prepare in exactly the same manner and come up with enough plans to make sure we're fully equipped in all situations."

It is Yorkshire batsman Vaughan's first tour as captain, having been appointed when Nasser Hussain quit the job mid-way through the summer.

"It's something new for me. I enjoyed the experience in the summer - it was a bit of a rollercoaster, I thought I learned a lot during the four games I was in charge," he said.

"Throughout the summer we were very up and down and inconsistent. That's probably one thing we have to work on."

Clarke's chance

England have been forced to make two changes to their squad with James Anderson and Andrew Flintoff given time to rest injuries before the three one-day internationals.

Richard Johnson and uncapped Martin Saggers have been drafted in as their replacements.

But coach Duncan Fletcher indicated that Surrey youngster Rikki Clarke could be the main beneficiary from Flintoff's absence.

"Now that Andrew Flintoff isn't going, it's given Clarke a huge opportunity," said Fletcher.

"He's a very talented cricketer. He's not as quick as Andrew as a bowler but he fills that same role we've been looking for as a batting all-rounder."

Clarke was a member of England's Academy squad last winter and made his one-day debut against Pakistan during the summer.

He has so far played seven games for modest returns, scoring 64 runs and taking three wickets.

The 22-year-old averages 42 with the bat in first-class cricket, however, having hit four centuries since making his Surrey first team debut in 2002.

Source