facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 10, 2018, 12:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Already? Ramadan is still one months away.
Eating for 2 since it's Ashraful 2.0

Old April 10, 2018, 12:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Ash and brainfarts are like Laila Majnu. Cant have 1 without the other.
yes. and also brainfarts are farts... but without any smell.
Old April 10, 2018, 12:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
ash has been fixing for national team since 2004, ash would say to amir "ristey me to hum tomara bap lagte hain"
Baap re baap... eta hindi naki urdu?

Last edited by Fazal; April 11, 2018 at 12:52 PM..
Old April 11, 2018, 09:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Ashraful 2.0 failed today in his time at the crease for East Zone in BCL action.

He cracked 12 off 59 balls with a solitary boundary; he also occupied the crease for an hour and 18 minutes before being trapped leg before wicket by the 'elder statesman', Abdur Razzak
Old April 11, 2018, 09:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
So let me ask this, why pick ash over liton or shanto? They’ve been more consistent for longer, have more time on their side, better strike rates etc.
Because he has a history of fixing matches and others don't? #shouldershrug
+++
(A general statement not necessary related to Cricket) Making money any way one can is the motto of Bengalis. Even if that is detrimental to his/her motherland. And supporting it? That is in our blood.
Old April 11, 2018, 10:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

You know what is more hurting, finding out the thought process of some of the senior members here. Most BC members are highly educated or positioned at top places who actually represent the group which lead and shape the way our nation should and does modeling and bring things into fruition.

If I am a politician and has past record of many faulty stuffs then I have a better chance to get elected and find a position in the cabinet. If I was imprisoned for some reason it actually notches up my chances. If I am a businessman, the bigger a loan-defaulter I am, the better. Black money all the way. Even probably I can fund a BPL team for making some of it white and still the team will not have any problem to find enough fans.

Now if it is Ash it is a different story. He is the ultimate, should have been an angel, a citizen of Utopia, an Orwellian representative from a country known for corruption. I will write perhaps against him playing in future encounters from a computer using stolen net lines, or from a building which did not meet RAJUK's policy or may be while accepting a number of bureaucrats among my relatives who take bribe regularly when I do not mind keeping good connection with them (who knows if I need their help to get something done in future).

At this point, I do not even care anymore whether he gets to be part of our NT for any format.

Old April 11, 2018, 11:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

He served his time. I don't see any problems with him coming back, but it has to be performance and merit base. so far he is making a good case for the Test team...
Old April 11, 2018, 12:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Question is are you still keeping your facebook account or abandoning it because of Cambridge Analytica data breach?

Are you planning to buy some FB share since it is growing again?
Old April 11, 2018, 01:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Yes !!! Without Ashrful there is no fun.
Yes !!! Without cheating there is no fun.
Yes !!! with so many corrupt politicians and business man roam in the city (dhaka) how can we dare playing morality card for Ashraful? First get rid of all the corrupt, only then talk about Ashraful.
yes !!! how dare we mention his advanced age as negative? How dare we discriminate him?

Wow I am impressed by the these logic?

Amare Mairalaa...
Old April 11, 2018, 01:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
He served his time. I don't see any problems with him coming back, but it has to be performance and merit base. so far he is making a good case for the Test team...
No matter how many time you repeat and paraphrase your post, haters will hate , example right above
Old April 11, 2018, 03:10 PM
Cricket Sage

.. sure its all hater's fault... Ashhraful is a nishpaap shishi....a victim here....all those Ashraful's haters forced him to do the dirty job ... that's one way to see the issue if that pleases you.

Can I join a**-kissing fans please....
Old April 12, 2018, 08:53 AM
Cricket Sage

More you vent, more vulnerable childish insecure you sound.
Old April 12, 2018, 03:18 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

I was more hurt when players ditch the national team and joined the ICL back in 2008 than Ashraful's cheating. I was actually happy cause that made him (Ash) not available for the national team. He is just a rubbish international batsman. Avg / Strike rate / consistency / experience .. the incredible number of matches he played .... Just waste of spot .. free ride ... If you give someone that many years and match they bound to score few "Eid" innings here and there. He is no great match winner. He can only get a national call if he out do all these new generation player who gets more runs with way better strike rate and consistency in domestic cricket. He has long way to go even for a national 25 member practice squad spot.
Old April 12, 2018, 10:37 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

ash blind fans were blind 10 years ago and still blind
Old April 12, 2018, 11:37 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
I was more hurt when players ditch the national team and joined the ICL back in 2008 than Ashraful's cheating. I was actually happy cause that made him (Ash) not available for the national team. He is just a rubbish international batsman. Avg / Strike rate / consistency / experience .. the incredible number of matches he played .... Just waste of spot .. free ride ... If you give someone that many years and match they bound to score few "Eid" innings here and there. He is no great match winner. He can only get a national call if he out do all these new generation player who gets more runs with way better strike rate and consistency in domestic cricket. He has long way to go even for a national 25 member practice squad spot.
The standard of our team has risen over the years and it is true the Ashraful of the past would not be in the first 25 players right now. However to say he was not a match winner during a period where we used to win one or 2 games a year is unfair. He played a major role in our victories back in those days. Ashraful of the past need to be compared with his peers in the team back in those days rather than the likes of Mushfiq Tamim Shakib Ryad that we have now. Compared to Golla, Rokon, Rajin Kapali Aftab etc.. Ash was the match winner in the team and the only guy who could compete with the big teams. His debut century combating Murali was not a fluke and neither was his century in Cardiff vs the Aussies or the half century vs SA in WC. He was brought into the squad way too early and never did justice to his talent but we have to acknowledge that the entire team rose to international standard only in 2007 when the likes of Shakib Tamim Mushy arrived at the scene. What Ash needs to do is prove he has matured and can be consistent. He doesnt have to prove the skill and the obvious talent he has to anyone who has watched him at his best. He faced both spin bowlers and pace bowlers of much higher quality during his days and if he finds form he will do better than the current passengers we have. I hope he gets sent to A team tours so that we really know if he can still deliver.
Old April 13, 2018, 11:07 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
The standard of our team has risen over the years and it is true the Ashraful of the past would not be in the first 25 players right now. However to say he was not a match winner during a period where we used to win one or 2 games a year is unfair. He played a major role in our victories back in those days. Ashraful of the past need to be compared with his peers in the team back in those days rather than the likes of Mushfiq Tamim Shakib Ryad that we have now. Compared to Golla, Rokon, Rajin Kapali Aftab etc.. Ash was the match winner in the team and the only guy who could compete with the big teams. His debut century combating Murali was not a fluke and neither was his century in Cardiff vs the Aussies or the half century vs SA in WC. He was brought into the squad way too early and never did justice to his talent but we have to acknowledge that the entire team rose to international standard only in 2007 when the likes of Shakib Tamim Mushy arrived at the scene. What Ash needs to do is prove he has matured and can be consistent. He doesnt have to prove the skill and the obvious talent he has to anyone who has watched him at his best. He faced both spin bowlers and pace bowlers of much higher quality during his days and if he finds form he will do better than the current passengers we have. I hope he gets sent to A team tours so that we really know if he can still deliver.
Best post of the thread. Agree 100%.
Old April 14, 2018, 12:58 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Regardless of the era / year / team / Venue ( para, local, int) typical score would be 5,0,7,80 ... Grand Avg of 23 with 70ish strike rate! In the process lost 3 matches & won 1 .... Still we talk about HIM year after year .. thread after thread! *sigh*
Old April 16, 2018, 06:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

Fun fact, that may seem irrelevant at this moment to some of us:

জিম্বাবুয়ের সাথে বাংলাদেশের প্রথম জয়, আশরাফুল ৫১* (২০০৪)
আস্ট্রেলিয়ার সাথে প্রথম জয়, আশরাফুল ১০০ (২০০৫)
শ্রীলঙ্কার সাথে প্রথম জয়, আশরাফুল ৫১ (২০০৬)
দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকার সাথে প্রথম জয়, আশরাফুল ৮৭ (২০০৭)
ইন্ডিয়ার সাথে প্রথম জয় আশরাফুল ২৮ (২০০৪)
নিউজিল্যান্ডের সাথে প্রথম জয় আশরাফুল ৬০* (২০০৮)
আয়ারল্যান্ড এর সাথে প্রথম জয় আশরাফুল ৬৪* (২০০৮)
ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ এর সাথে প্রথম জয় আশরাফুল ৫৭ (২০০৯)

* Copied from internet, may have factual error, could not get time to verify.
Old April 19, 2018, 08:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Failure for Ashraful 2.0 in the latest BCL fixture
Old April 19, 2018, 08:38 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
More you vent, more vulnerable childish insecure you sound.
Who is being childish here. People will have different opinion, you don't need to agree with them. When you start doing name calling other, they have every right to name call you back. Dont like this name calling (back to you), stop starting this name calling business. Don't start name calling and then complain when some do the same to you.... that is childish my friend.

I have nothing to be insecure. As far as I am concerned I have seen the last of Ashraful in the national team already.... there is no comming back.

Ashrful's national team career is more or less over....it doesn't mater how many centuries he scores....how hard it to understands that? Of-course unless you are a blind Ashrulf a##kisser.

It doesn't matter what you or I think about his offense, by this time we should all have a good idea what current BCB management think about his offense. Its a kobira guna...there is no pay your price and returning back....

Last edited by Fazal; April 19, 2018 at 10:22 AM..
Old April 19, 2018, 08:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
ash blind fans were blind 10 years ago and still blind
no doubt about that.

Looks like finally they are coming back from hibernation.
Old April 20, 2018, 10:56 AM
Cricket Sage

But I love Rangpur Riders and their players! I cannot stop being a fan oh no

Quote:
প্রতারণার দায়ে সোহানা গ্রুপের ব্যবস্থাপনা পরিচালক মো মিজানুর রহমানকে গ্রেপ্তার করেছে পুলিশ। গতকাল বৃহস্পতিবার সন্ধ্যায় তাঁকে গ্রেপ্তার করা হয়।

গ্রেপ্তারকৃত মিজানুর রহমান কক্সবাজারে ১১৩ কাঠা জমির ওপর নির্মাণাধীন পাঁচ তারকা হোটেল হোয়াইট স্যান্ড রিসোর্টের চেয়ারম্যান। তিনি রংপুর রাইডার্সের ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজি এবং এশিয়ান টিভির সাবেক ব্যবস্থাপনা পরিচালক। মো. মিজানুর রহমানের ফেসবুক পেজে তাঁর সঙ্গে রাষ্ট্রদূতসহ বহু গণ্যমান্য ব্যক্তির ছবি পাওয়া যায়। এক সময় তিনি ওয়ালটন গ্রুপের ভাইস প্রেসিডেন্টও ছিলেন।

গুলশান থানার ভারপ্রাপ্ত কর্মকর্তা আবু বকর সিদ্দিকী প্রথম আলোকে বলেন, মিজানুর রহমানের বিরুদ্ধে গ্রেপ্তারি পরোয়ানা আছে কমপক্ষে ছয়টি। এর মধ্যে তিনটি সাজা পরোয়ানা। তিনি বিভিন্ন সময় প্রতারণা করে লোকজনের কাছ থেকে টাকা পয়সা হাতিয়ে নিয়েছেন।
And I love facebook too, want to buy a lot of share of that company.