facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old May 8, 2005, 10:21 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default East Bengal vs Muktijoddha

from daily Star News:

East Bengal arrive today
Sports Reporter

The bottom team in AFC Cup's Group A India's East Bengal arrive today in Dhaka to take on Mukti-joddha Sangsad.

The two teams will only have academic interest in Wednesday's match at the Banga-bandhu National Stadium as both are out of reckoning for a berth in the next phase.

The Indian giants began the tournament with high hopes and underestimated Dhaka Federation Cup champions Muktijoddha when they met in the opening game in Kolkata on March 9. But the hosts escaped with a goalless draw against a combative Muktijoddha at the Salt Lake Stadium.

After the draw in Kolkata, East Bengal coach Subhash Bhowmik termed the result as an upset saying Muktijoddha was a 'small side' but his boys failed to prove their much hyped profile, courtesy of a loyal local media, by losing their next three matches.
===================

Loved that last part. The gulf of difference between the actual results of these sides and the articles and the following in the media is so HUGE that you have to wonder what the dada's are smoking.

here's the link: http://www.thedailystar.net/2005/05/...509040127p.htm
Old May 11, 2005, 12:08 AM
Cricket Legend

ar boila lab ase,
eto boro desh howar poro oder national team amader kase hare.
Old May 11, 2005, 10:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

Any news of the result of today's match?
Old May 11, 2005, 02:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

east Bengal 1 Muktijoddha 0

Its hard to believe Muktijoddha lost in their home ground! Indian footies are no better than ours but it was East Bengal who had a laugh at the end of the day. If it was Abahani, I am confident that they would have thrushed this below mediocre team with big nose.
Old May 11, 2005, 02:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

EastBengal won 1-0

Tehsin, FYI, EastBengal is traditionally run/financed by the people from Eastern Bengal - which is today's Bangladesh.
Old May 11, 2005, 02:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Navarene
this below mediocre team with big nose.
Nav Bhai, care to explain the 'big nose' comment??

Traditionally EastBengal represents us the 'Bangaals' and MohunBagan represents them the 'Ghotis'. So what the reason of your sarcasm/animosity? ( I know you are not a Jatiyotabadi type or an Ummatic type - thats why I'm a bit surprised.)

Edited on, May 11, 2005, 7:34 PM GMT, by say.
Old May 11, 2005, 03:00 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Say, I think if you read newspapers like Anandabazar,Sangbad Pratidin regularly then you might change your view about these teams. They always make fun about our football teams.
Old May 11, 2005, 04:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

Quote:
Originally posted by rezwan1977
Say, I think if you read newspapers like Anandabazar,Sangbad Pratidin regularly then you might change your view about these teams. They always make fun about our football teams.
These newspapers make fun out of everything of Bangladesh!

Let them do so, I would be least bothered by their propaganda. Even though India is progressing, West Bengal is in bigger mess than us in all aspect of life. Thanks to CPM.

Edited on, May 11, 2005, 9:43 PM GMT, by Kana-Baba.
Old May 11, 2005, 05:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

say, I afraid you didn't read the comments of East Bengal manager published on various newspapers lately. Its the fact that they have beaten a bangladeshi team in thier away game but then its no way that proves East Bengal (and Indian football for that matter) is far better than that of our crappy football. Fact is that both the nations are sub standard in terms of football. But the way EastBengal team was bragging about their football in comparison to ours would make you feel pity for them. You can find all their hypes recently published on Indian and Bangladeshi newspapers. I am neither a so called nationalistic chauvinist nor I am a blindfolded supporter of our football. But I will boldly stand beside my countrymen whenever someone try to make us stoop down irrespective to any bangaal/bangali rapprochement.
Old May 11, 2005, 06:51 PM
Cricket Legend

oshubidha nai akta match chere dise. tobe apni kintu thiki boleche ajke aikhane abahani hole dekhten neel holud joursey jeno bagher moton hamle porto. dhannabad.
Old May 11, 2005, 07:48 PM

Shame!! Now forget about Muktijoddah, Abahoni, Mohamedan. it's time for Brothers and Shek Rassel.
Old May 13, 2005, 03:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Kana-Baba
Quote:
Originally posted by rezwan1977
These newspapers make fun out of everything of Bangladesh!

Let them do so, I would be least bothered by their propaganda. Even though India is progressing, West Bengal is in bigger mess than us in all aspect of life. Thanks to CPM.

Edited on, May 11, 2005, 9:43 PM GMT, by Kana-Baba.
not only west bengal their whole country and the whole cricket team is messed up. bodmaisher dol. sharakkhon ashe border class korte. oder shathe jader border taderi shomoshha hoi. oder shathe amader shomossha pakistaner shomossha oidike burma ar shatheo shomosshe. buzhlam amra kharap. tahole ki burmao kharap naki? ar ora hoise dhowa tulshipata. akta match a jitse mone hoi bhabe mortese. bekub ar dol kothakar. etoboro desh hoia eto choto desher shathe jite abar boro boro kotha koi.
Old May 18, 2005, 11:45 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

FRB bhai, sheshmesh bodmash deke fellen? Jaah, ora ektu nahoi ujbuk type er manush, bodmash ta ektu beshi hoye gelona ? Achcha bujhlam ora bodmash, tai boley ebhabe khola forum ei deke fellen ?
Old May 18, 2005, 11:59 PM
Test Cricketer

east bengal is not in their best form this year. they are struggling to retain their title in the national football league
Old May 19, 2005, 12:53 AM
First Class Cricketer

East Bengal football officials talk big and achieve small. It is no different from the talk about BD cricket in this forum where the talk is disproportionately bigger than the actual performance.
Old May 19, 2005, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by insideedge
East Bengal football officials talk big and achieve small. It is no different from the talk about BD cricket in this forum where the talk is disproportionately bigger than the actual performance.
Cant totally disagree with you.
Old May 21, 2005, 11:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by tehsin
FRB bhai, sheshmesh bodmash deke fellen? Jaah, ora ektu nahoi ujbuk type er manush, bodmash ta ektu beshi hoye gelona ? Achcha bujhlam ora bodmash, tai boley ebhabe khola forum ei deke fellen ?
jaihok,
antorik bhabe ami dukkhito ebong khoma chachhi. ashole ebhabe dharabashho box a microphone ar shamne kintu amar kaoke uddeshho kore kotakkho kora uchit noi. ami jotoi tader opochondo kori na keno tader biruddhe kintu amake neutral thakte hobe ontoto ai dharabashho box a. dhannabad.