facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 7, 2005, 12:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Subject: Tushar Imran.

Tushar Imran is a hard hitter for bd middle order. Never seen him playing. Do not know about his ability. He is saying he will shine in ODI. Anyone knows about this guy? To be in XI, players are saying too much - Hen Korenga Ten Korenga, but reallity hurts them. If anyone knows his ability, please let us know.
Source: B-Khela (Bangla Version)

Old June 7, 2005, 12:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Just like other players, he is capable of doing many things. So, hen korenga ten korenga is a valid claim. But the problem is they can not do in real matches.
Just like Shahadat Rajib---may be we found another Alamgir Kabir--- a sure shine performer of pratice matches.
Old June 7, 2005, 12:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by babubangla
Just like other players, he is capable of doing many things. So, hen korenga ten korenga is a valid claim. But the problem is they can not do in real matches.
Just like Shahadat Rajib---may be we found another Alamgir Kabir--- a sure shine performer of pratice matches.
Hope for best. hope "Hen Korenga Ten Korenga" becomes a real show. Thanks Babubangla. I have seen pretty much all players' game of BD XI, but this Tushar Imran. That's why question strill arise.
Old June 7, 2005, 12:49 PM
Cricket Legend

As a ODI player, he did well only in early days of his ODI career, after 5 matches his average was 39.2, where as after 11 matches it came down to 25.2 and after 24 matches it is now 17.52 only. His average was only 10.5 from last 12 matches.
But recently in Zimbabwe he did well with his bat against Zimbabwe A, and also did well in the latest domestic league, as far I know. Against the touring Zim Team, he scored an unbeaten century 109*. He has 3 FC centuries and 7 FC fifties. In limited over matches he scored 1 century (106*) and six fifties.
Old June 7, 2005, 01:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

Forget Tushar imran. He will think he can make "tush" out of opponent bowlers. but in reality he is nothing but uria "shar". better suited in a cultivation field rather than a cricket field.
Old June 7, 2005, 01:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Tushar Imran should replace M Ashraful, the big talking kid.
Old June 7, 2005, 02:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

Tushar is a hard-hitting batsman with very little footwork. He has no patience and plays most shots in the air.If the ball swings the quarter as much as it did in the tests,then will be in big trouble.
Old June 7, 2005, 02:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by sunniath
Tushar is a hard-hitting batsman with very little footwork. He has no patience and plays most shots in the air.If the ball swings the quarter as much as it did in the tests,then will be in big trouble.
Hopefully he misses fielder - Goes top of the tall English fielder.
Old June 7, 2005, 02:13 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

I hope Tushar gets his hundred this time so , becomes a full-time odi player from now on .....
Old June 7, 2005, 03:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

Doesn't matter who play and who doesn't. It will be the same old result. That is lossing after humiliating ourselves at the world stage.
Old June 7, 2005, 06:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Not too hopeful about his abilities in England. I think Dav should settle with Aftab but we will see Tush in the practice matches for sure and good performance here seems to be a ticket into the team.
Old June 7, 2005, 07:19 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Do not wanna see snow anywhere near the practice match team. let alone national team. how about he takes this as if he has win a free trip to England for vacation?
Old June 7, 2005, 07:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

From a couple of matches that Tushar Imran played for BD that i've seen, i actually thought that the guy has assured footwork and is technically sound. But I would rather see him play the longer version of the game to comment about whether he is good or not!
With Rajin and Ashraful, both having two left feet- there's not really much you can say about the selection process. Just pray that it works out for the team.
Also Tushar Imran isn't a "hard hitting" batsman as I recall him play. But unfortunately he played under terrible circumstances where he had to go for shots as there weren't many over to spare! But I think he would suit well in the no. 3 position in England for the ODIs.
Old June 7, 2005, 07:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

If he has no footwork it doesn't matter, as long as you have good hand-eye coordination and get your head over the ball.

Trescothick does that and he averages nearly 46 in test cricket. Graeme Pollock didn't move his feet either.

Edited on, June 8, 2005, 12:31 AM GMT, by rob22888.
Old June 7, 2005, 08:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

If only Tushar Imran could be like Graeme Pollock ( 60.97 in test). Even Trescothick would be good.
Old June 7, 2005, 08:37 PM
First Class Cricketer

Tushar is much better player than Ash when the wicket is bouncy like Australian wickets. I can't predict how he would perform against the English bowlers though but he did hit Gillespie for 3 fours in 5 balls. The 2nd and 4th bowls were defended and the 6th ball he edged it to keeper. He scored 28 from 27 or something in that nature.

But he has shown enough fire in Australia against the Aussies at a time when Ash and others were not doing well.

Tony Grieg was saying that he played all good cricket shots and he was wondering why Tushar was not in the Test Squad.

Anyway Tushar's a good ODI player. Rajin is hopeless as he was in the ICC trophy. I need not say further just look at the video of last year's game against WI.

Ash is obviously more attacking than Rajin but right now his confidence has been dealt a blow due to his failures in the 2 tests and 2 practice matches before that and he may not regain it back so quickly. He needs to fire in both the practice ODIs.

Rajin is a good player in BD pitches but in English conditions he has not been able to adjust like Aftab did. Looking forward to Aftab and Bashar in the ODIs.
Old June 7, 2005, 11:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

One thing for sure... If Tusher does get a nod,, and blows it,, he will be gone like a ball hit by Aftab..

Personally, i would like to see him play instead of Ashraful who is becoming more and more like Al Shahrier Rokon these days....
Old June 8, 2005, 02:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Let Tushar Imran play in ODI...
Surely he will show his class.:duh:
He is a big hitter like Aftab.
I remembered his two fifties Against Waqar/Shoaib/Saqlain and Vaas/Muralitharan
Let' hope him to get couple of fifties in England

Edited on, June 8, 2005, 7:20 AM GMT, by little_master.
Old June 8, 2005, 02:27 AM
ODI Cricketer

CricInfo profile of Tushar Imran (by Andrew Miller)
Quote:
Tushar Imran is a dashing striker of the ball and a rising star of Bangladeshi cricket. He came to prominence as a 17-year-old, scoring 131 off just 106 balls in a domestic league match in 2000-01, and he made his one-day international debut against Zimbabwe the following season. By his own admission he can be too impetuous for his own good, but the selectors clearly believe he has what it takes - three former captains, Naimur Rahman, Akram Khan and Aminul Islam, were axed to make way for him. Andrew Miller
What does it mean actually? Naimur Rahman, Akram Khan and Aminul Islam were axed to make way for him?:duh::duh:
Old June 8, 2005, 02:54 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by little_master
What does it mean actually? Naimur Rahman, Akram Khan and Aminul Islam were axed to make way for him?:duh::duh:
It was merely a coincidence. He got chance in the team when Durjoy, Akram and Bulbul were in the process of getting dropped. Andrew Millar probably misunderstood the whole thing
Old June 8, 2005, 08:29 AM
First Class Cricketer

and also he came to prominence after the double century he hit in india..

he is more of a one day type of player... had areasonable strike rate.. what do we need? we need a good number 5 /6.... and there he comes..

i think Aftab will play at number 3.. and bashar at 4..

he lost the faith of selectors after that Pakistan sries.. played some rash strokes in the first three one dayers..

by the way, he played the most imp innings for us in that world cup match against kenya.. hit asix coming down the wicket and lofting over long on to a pacer..
Old June 8, 2005, 08:32 AM
ODI Cricketer

I do not have any respect for those batsman who played in the WC 2003. the less we can have from that bunch the better.
Old June 8, 2005, 09:03 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by Tokai
I do not have any respect for those batsman who played in the WC 2003. the less we can have from that bunch the better.
Tushar was the top scorer for BD in the last WC2003 match against Kenya (he scored 48 before getting out by an excellent catch)
Old June 8, 2005, 10:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Tokai
** your prerogative, but i for one, has seen matches in Dhaka stadium where a single boundary was scored in entire day.. the score used to be 100 or so in 40 overs.. so our standard has increased since those days.. I am making this wild (may be not so wild) assumptions that many folks have been following bangladesh cricket in 7,8 years.. the height of ignorance was the thread where many people could not recognize Ram Chand Goala...that was shocking.. anyway, myself and may be some others too, are sometime in difficult situation as we have been following (may be old enough to follow) things since Shamim Kabir days (first captain of bangladesh)...
Old June 8, 2005, 10:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

i personally like Tushar's batting a lot. When he first came in to the Bd team he looked like one of the few batsmen who knew how to build an innings and rotate the strike. I do not know how he will fare in bouncy seaming conditions but if he does play 5 or 6 might be a good position for him. plus he can also give us 4-5 overs of spin.