facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 9, 2005, 05:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Shahadat Hossain (Rajib)

Guys, wht actually happend to this fellow in the 1st test?

He talked of shaking the English batsmen but i feel he himself got jacked now...he really talked a lot...and his speed wasnt equal to wht every1 said...

Is he gonna play the ODI's?

Hope he dont get jacked there

Old June 9, 2005, 05:25 AM
Test Cricketer

He is not in the ODI squad.
Old June 9, 2005, 05:30 AM
Street Cricketer

I was dissapointed wid Shahadat.... all da hype i heard of dis guy b4 da series seems like a fib......... BUT...... he is still young..... will def. increase in pace and experience will bring variation ( i hope).
Personally, me reckons his problem was dat he wanted to bounce every batsmen out (like Harmison cos dats his idol), and at his pace, and british playa's technique... dat was neva gonna happen.

Wot he needs is a dose of Andy Roberts... dat should prepare him for da future.
Old June 9, 2005, 06:03 AM
First Class Cricketer

Do not believe in the hype that has been created about him in this forum for the last two years. He has been thrashed by all international batsmen whether in test match or U-19 World Cup level.

Edited on, June 9, 2005, 11:04 AM GMT, by insideedge.
Reason: typo
Old June 9, 2005, 06:17 AM

Looks like he need to eat more chicken, as some report indicated he is a boy from chicken farmer, which helped him a lot to grow up.
Old June 9, 2005, 07:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

Unless he is as quick as Shoaib who hit Lara on his head by a 92.1 miles delivery, Rajib can't trouble the English or Aussie batsmen. Indian or Srilankan batsmen are another issue entirely.
Old June 9, 2005, 07:19 AM
Street Cricketer

For Rajib I reckon Lords test is a very good experience for him. At list he got some idea about the Test cricket and realized its a different world. Being a part of BD team in this series he should have learnt a lot from the seniors like Mashre.. He knows he has talent. What he has to do is work on his skills. Im expecting him as a strike bowler of BD team in few years. We need to support him. I dont think we have given him enough chances to prove himself, so that we can criticize him. Though he talked a little bit more compare to his ability (for the time being) in the beginning of the series. Dont forget he is a teenager.
Old June 9, 2005, 07:20 AM
First Class Cricketer

Which Indian or Sri Lankan batsman can he trouble? I do not think he can even trouble the number 11 batsmen of these two teams namely Zaheer Khan and Muralitharan.

In fact he cannot trouble the Indian and Sri Lankan U-19 players as well. Just have a look at his bowling figures against India in U-19 world cup that was held in 2004 in Bangladesh.

He can only trouble batsmen in domestic club cricket in Bangladesh.
Old June 9, 2005, 07:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

Rajib is out next Henry Olonga! Henry Olonga used to bowl very fast and once he was rated among best fast bowler speed wise but he used to bowl 15-20 no balls and wides a game.
Old June 9, 2005, 08:48 AM
First Class Cricketer

Henry Olonga was a fast medium bowler. His pace was upto 138 kmph at the most. But he gave the impression of being fast because of his dreadlocks. But he was successful in taking wickets at the test and ODI level, especially against India.

Shahadat bowled slower than Olonga in the recent test match against England. Even if he is capable of bowling much faster, he is incapable of coming anywhere near Henry Olonga in taking wickets at the international level.
Old June 9, 2005, 08:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Quote:
Originally posted by insideedge
Henry Olonga was a fast medium bowler. His pace was upto 138 kmph at the most. But he gave the impression of being fast because of his dreadlocks. But he was successful in taking wickets at the test and ODI level, especially against India.

Shahadat bowled slower than Olonga in the recent test match against England. Even if he is capable of bowling much faster, he is incapable of coming anywhere near Henry Olonga in taking wickets at the international level.
It seems some of us have seen Shahadat enough to comment on his entire future. I think Coach McInnes praised very highly about him and he has seen him more than these posters.

Shahadat may have a bad series, who knows he may become a better bowler than the India-beater Olonga.
Old June 9, 2005, 09:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Henry Olonga has taken 68 test wickets and 58 ODI wickets with average of 38.52 and 34.08. Rajib will be a better bowler than that. You can bet on that.
CricInfo stated on his profile that he is a fast bowler. And I remeber back in 96-97 he bowled way faster that what you said.
Old June 9, 2005, 11:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally posted by amim
Unless he is as quick as Shoaib who hit Lara on his head by a 92.1 miles delivery, Rajib can't trouble the English or Aussie batsmen. Indian or Srilankan batsmen are another issue entirely.
Remember Tapash in ICC Champions trophy
Old June 9, 2005, 11:39 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Rajib need to work on many many things before he can get a recall from national team. the list is quite big. a few things to mention

* Line and length.
* No ball check
* Slower delivaries.
* Reading batsman's mind
* Understanding the situation

and stuff like that. He got the raw pace. the bare essential to become a fast bowler. and once someone has that he rest can be tought. He was hurried to the team when he was not ready. But if he keeps practicing, he'll become very useful within couple of yours.
Old June 9, 2005, 01:14 PM
BC Editorial Team

Lords is often tough on bowlers with long run up. As you know the field has a slight slope and it takes even veterans a while to adjust to it, never mind debutants. On top of that, I doubt if Shahadat ever had to limber up in such cold weather before; muscles don't twitch as fast when you are cold me thinks
Old June 9, 2005, 01:53 PM
First Class Cricketer

Rajib is still in the squad.
Old June 9, 2005, 02:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by bhobishshot
Cricinfo wrongly shows that he is still in Squad.
But the fact is Shahadat Rajib was sent back to Bangladesh on 4th June.
Old June 9, 2005, 02:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

yo insideedge, shahadat was one of the stars in the u-19 worldcup last year. so i have no clue what u're saying about him not being able to trouble the u-19 batsmen of other countries.

and u think he's not good enough to trouble zaheer khan and muralitharan? all i can say is that i must applaude you, for reaching a new height of pessimism.

Edited on, June 9, 2005, 7:41 PM GMT, by shovon13.
Old June 9, 2005, 02:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by bhobishshot
Rajib babu aero-Plane Chore Chole Gechen Deshe...
Pagla Babar Doa Neete Daree-achen sobar sheshe..
Old June 9, 2005, 08:29 PM
Test Cricketer

well. Not sure about if Rajib still in England. But.. I was alawys against his inclusion for the first test from the very beginning. Anyway.. I wont disregard this kid like many of u guys. He is defintiely our pace prospect in the future. Atleast I belive what Richard said about him and I will stick to him till he really shows he is not good enough.

About troubling players.. I firmly disagree that he wont be able to trouble Zaheer and laters. infact.. in his day.. he will be able to trouble any world class batsman.
Old June 9, 2005, 09:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by shovon13
yo insideedge, shahadat was one of the stars in the u-19 worldcup last year. so i have no clue what u're saying about him not being able to trouble the u-19 batsmen of other countries.

and u think he's not good enough to trouble zaheer khan and muralitharan? all i can say is that i must applaude you, for reaching a new height of pessimism.

Edited on, June 9, 2005, 7:41 PM GMT, by shovon13.
I have seen the test on TV and Rajib really looked ordinary. I am no expert, but it was obvious that even Monir was more effective that Rajib. No swing, no variation, almost like a bowling machine to practice whacking. Never saw his bowling before, so can't say if he bowls better at other times. But one thing is sure - this boy is not ready for test or ODI yet. Long way to go.
Old June 9, 2005, 10:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

souron, yes i agree. he did look ordinary in that test. he was a debutant at Lord's in the early summer bowling to tresco and strauss. i dont think it was the ideal situation for him. besides, as razab cleared it out, even veterans have trouble getting used to the slope at Lord's. so i wouldn't judge his bowling ability looking at that test alone.
Old June 9, 2005, 10:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

insideedge obviously doesn't know anything about U-19 world cup. Or, worse yet, he knows but salivates at the oppurtunity to say something negative about BD even when his facts are based on fiction. I am actually happy that he says Zaheer Khan or Murali. I was expecting him to say that Shahadat couldn't even get Chandrasekhar out ( hypothetically ). That would have been apt.
Old June 9, 2005, 11:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Logen

CricInfo stated on his profile that he is a fast bowler. And I remeber back in 96-97 he bowled way faster that what you said.
You saw Rajib bowl in 96-97? How old was he then, 5?
Old June 9, 2005, 11:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by lance_klusner
Is he gonna play the ODI's?
He is in Dhaka now.