facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 10, 2003, 12:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Should Bd Bring Back Aminul, Naimur, Akram....

Hey guys do your think big guns like Akram Khan, Aminul Islam, Naimur Rahman.. Golla and other discarded players should be back on the team ????????????

Give your Opinions............

Old March 10, 2003, 03:12 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default About the vets (veterans)

I would not go out and bring them back just to bring them back, if they can show the form, sure, experience counts - as was displayed by Akram.

However, I will think twice before bringing back Bulbul, Golla, Opee, Durjoy et al.
First off, Durjoy does not have much to offer to the team at this moment. he can be easily replacable.

Bulbul and Golla has been out of form but if you look around the globe, you'll find that there are top first class/domestic players who turn out mediocre performances in ODI and test matches while there are some mediocre domestic players who become world beaters.

Also, we need to find stability in the team. Look at Pakistan, the team has some of the best players in the world and yet, the team is completely unstable. With the way our team is run, with all the chopping and changing, the team does not have a rhythm. We need to find the right mix through training and practice matches and try to stick with it for 3/4 matches in a row. IF we do change, make just a couple of changes. Don't let a player play two matches, flop and then drop him. be more patient. We don't have any extraordinary players in the team so it really won't make much difference if we keep on changing the team in every single match.
Old March 10, 2003, 03:54 PM
Club Cricketer

I think tthey should be called back, but not all of them though. Only certain of them.
Old March 11, 2003, 03:00 AM
Club Cricketer

Definately bring in some of these players. We missed a few experienced batters in the World Cup. I would of taken Golla for the world cup, Opee is still a long way to get back to pre-injury days.

Akram Khan showed in the couple of games he played in what a difference experience made. You cant win anything with kids, you need a blend of young and old.

For test matches, Golla, Akram and Bulbul should be brought in, and for one dayers, I would bring in Golla and Dujoy at the momemt.
Old March 11, 2003, 04:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

Only Golla and Akram should be brought back. Akram showed his experience. Our team should be a mix of Experience and Youth.
Old March 11, 2003, 10:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Golla isn't even that old. Opee isn't old at all. I don't know why we classify these guys with Akram and Bulbul, who are in their late 30s.
Old March 11, 2003, 11:17 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I agree with sham. Opee and Golla isn't old. They are still young and can play for long time. I still believe Opee is good opener. We should try out Opee and Ash in opening in ODIs.

Old March 11, 2003, 03:43 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default About Opee and Golla

I remember them being FAR better then the Sanwar's and Rokon's of today. Despite the love for ROKON from Pilot, Rokon simply does not have the temperament of an opener. He might do us a world of good in the middle order. Even Ashraful - the alleged problem kid according to the team manager and the rest - is more focused than the rest of those clowns.
Old March 13, 2003, 08:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

Rokon smashed 177 against Namibia as an opener. I will go with him as an opener with Golla.
Old March 13, 2003, 09:26 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Rokon has already been given too many opportunities to prove his worth, but he failed miserably. His 177 knock was once in blue moon thing.
Old March 13, 2003, 10:02 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default My opinion

Everybody has to take the right actions first - that is, who among the current world cup squad should be dropped and IS ACTUALLY dropped, rather than who should be coming in.
Old March 14, 2003, 12:45 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Well...I would say too many changes frequently won't be good. We should decide taking the players according to their experience plus their current form which is very important. We should be consistent after deciding the best possible team and thats the only way our players will gather some confidence which will provide them to make some show.

We must bring back Javed as he has the best tecqnique in BD and should think up abt Opee and Aminul.....Akram may get in...

[Edited on 14-3-2003 by ehsan]
Old March 14, 2003, 01:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

I was supporting Rokon too much with 1 knock
Old March 14, 2003, 01:45 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Barry Bonds and JO
Default Bring them back, experiance counts

experiance is always important factor in cricket specially when playing under pressure. the BD batsmen did poorly in WC but if you notice, Akram Khan still actually managed to score runs, even more so: when i saw him play it seemed he charge the bowlers head on, shows courage, something that is badly lacking in our nation team.
Old March 14, 2003, 06:39 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Not to mention

Not to mention Tushar Imran. While Akram Khan was in practice while he was winning matches for Abahani at home, compared to that, Tushar did not have any good game under his belt at all, not for a long long time.

In Akram's case, you (Khakash) said that it was the experience of Akram Khan, I would also like to add Tushar Imran in that list because although compared to Akram, Tushar Imran is nowhere in experience, but because he (Tushar) had entered the national team 2 years ago - in the year 2001, it made the difference between him and the other newer players like Kapali, Hannan and Seejan.

And I guess everyone in this board can remember that Ashraful, a fellow same time debutant like Tushar (in the year 2001) was out for bad umpiring. Although in the end, Ashraful's out may not have turned out to be as vital as I am making it to be, and I am sure that he would have scored 20 or 30 and then he would give a catch by trying to play a pull shot or something, but still it was a matter to look into.
Old March 20, 2003, 01:54 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

I have been saying for long we need a mixed team neither very young ppl nor too old ppl