facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 13, 2005, 03:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Default I\'m Scared about the upcoming Natwest ODI Series

I'm Scared about the upcoming Natwest ODI Series.
I just watched the Twenty20 match between England and Australia. Saw some fine display of hitting.
This make me scared about the outcome of ODI series for Bangladesh. I know Twenty20 is not comparable to ODI batting tactics. But considering our clawless bolwing, I was thinking about the first 15 and last 10 overs of the match. It could be a massacre for Bangladesh bowling attack. I dont even want to talk about the battingit seems like a horror movie!!!

We have nothing but hope!!
Thats what I will have to count on for now.
But other than that Banglar Akashey Aj Durjoger Ghonoghota just like this:
Source: GettyImages

Edited on, June 13, 2005, 8:19 PM GMT, by babubangla.

Old June 13, 2005, 03:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Kordomakto akash, meghashonno math......
Old June 13, 2005, 03:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Dont get scared, babubangla.
We know our strength and our weakness. So, get prepared for the worst and hope for the best.
Old June 13, 2005, 03:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

Dont worry.Both England and the Aussie will simply bombard us with the thunderbolts.There will be no upset!
Old June 13, 2005, 05:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

We are the favorite to loose all games of NatWest Series and we are not even underdog; so don't expect us to win but rather expect us make ENG AUS work hard for their wins.

I will not read too much into 20-20 results. This is nothing but slogging and batsmen are will not play like this in 50 over match. If the try to do that then most likely their fate will not be different than AUS today.
Old June 13, 2005, 07:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by DotBall
I will not read too much into 20-20 results. This is nothing but slogging and batsmen are will not play like this in 50 over match. If the try to do that then most likely their fate will not be different than AUS today.
I bet people reacted in the same way about ODI when it was first started--it is noting but meritless hitting. But we gradually accepted the ODI. I am sure people will accept the 20-20 too. It will still be considered a slog game, but will not be thrown away like people does these days.
Old June 13, 2005, 07:36 PM
Test Cricketer

bhai shob,
je joto poren nofol namaj pora shuru koren.
Old June 13, 2005, 09:07 PM
Test Cricketer

We won against India. Didn't we? I saw the video a couple of times. Finally I am beginning to believe it.

Perhaps there are lessons to be learned.

1) Contribution of runs from top as well as bottom order.

2) Tight bowling

3) Excellent fielding.

All of these actually happened or may have been conjured up by an experienced video technician. Even Basher caught an excellent catch. The two direct hits at the end was crucial. A confused batsman in the Indian side was another. I thought I saw a puff of white powder as the ball passed the batsman. I think we should work on this last thing. Devise ways to confuse the opposing batsmen and induce them to take ill advised runs when they seemed to have settled. I think that is the key to winning,
Old June 13, 2005, 10:03 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I'm not thinking of winning. the india situation was different. They were more relaxed. but here, each side is determined to send a "message" to the other ahead of ashes and unfortunately we are the messenger boy. so, i would determine success in terms of a batting goal or a bowling goal. if one of them happens, I'm happy. bowling wise, keep them below 300. batting wise, bat for 50 overs. this is my realistic target.

u wanna hear about the unrealistic target? to win all 6

....... ok, ok...... i'll see a psychiatric.
Old June 14, 2005, 05:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSmith
I'm not thinking of winning. the india situation was different. They were more relaxed. but here, each side is determined to send a "message" to the other ahead of ashes and unfortunately we are the messenger boy. so, i would determine success in terms of a batting goal or a bowling goal. if one of them happens, I'm happy. bowling wise, keep them below 300. batting wise, bat for 50 overs. this is my realistic target.
Well said.
We just want to have a good fight within our potential. And I strongly believe that, if we could play to the best of our potential in all the departments, we could have send "message" also.
Try hard, Tigers:tiger:
Old June 14, 2005, 06:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

>> I'm happy. bowling wise, keep them below 300. batting wise, bat for 50 overs. this is my realistic target.

mine too.

But battingwise scoreing 200+ ... am I dreaming?
Old June 14, 2005, 07:30 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

Quote:
Originally posted by howzatt!
bhai shob,
je joto poren nofol namaj pora shuru koren.
Ami porbo. tobuo jeno ora na mare.
Old June 14, 2005, 07:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

Solution for not getting scared: Turn you brain off during the BD match thinking that we lost very badly.
Old June 14, 2005, 07:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Why scared ? Just go and sleep . Results gonna be same caz we are having all bad days you know .
Old June 14, 2005, 11:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by DotBall
We are the favorite to loose all games of NatWest Series and we are not even underdog; so don't expect us to win but rather expect us make ENG AUS work hard for their wins.

very well said. expecting win against these two teams are not realistic. rather is is a better idea to expect bangladesh to make england and australia work hard for their win. but even this will be hard for us to do. we sure have the ability to do and we sure have the players to do this. but the thing is are our players going to be able to hold their nerves to do this kinds of thing.
Old June 14, 2005, 11:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by sports_fan_bd
>> I'm happy. bowling wise, keep them below 300. batting wise, bat for 50 overs. this is my realistic target.

mine too.

But battingwise scoreing 200+ ... am I dreaming?
a very good expectation. as long as we can bat for full 50 overs i will be happy. but that too is going to be very hard but it is possible. if the way javed and ash or rana and bashar were playing then we surely can survive for full 50 overs and i dont think it will be a big problem for us to score more than 200 runs if we bat in this manner. for boling our bolers should concentrate just on line and length there is no reason for nazmul to compete with mashrafee on speed. and if chacha can get those couple of wickets as he always do that will be a good point even though he might get hit badly but at the end the wickets count. from rafique and rana i want them to restrict the run rate as much as possible. this way opponent batsman will get frustrated and our chance of getting the wicket will increase.
Old June 14, 2005, 11:34 AM
Cricket Legend

one thing that was not a problem before seems to be a problem. i think our batsman should be more effective in running between the wicket. the way nafis got out in the first practice match was really disappointing and unacceptable. there is no reason for him to not respond to the other batsman. mind should be in the middle of the field not somewhere else. i know they are young. probably they are not matured enough. but they should all remember that even though they are young the selectors thought they are brave enough to represent the country. they should be proud to do that and that should be their only concern in the field.
Old June 14, 2005, 11:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Dont get scared, babubangla.
We know our strength and our weakness. So, get prepared for the worst and hope for the best.
Thats the way to go.........
But dont forget to always be with BANGLADESH.................

Old June 14, 2005, 11:39 AM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
yaseer bhai apni kintu akdom thik kotha bolechen ebong shai shai shathe sam bhai. dhannabad.
Old June 14, 2005, 11:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

I want to see BD play bat 50 overs......i am sure they can score reasonable run if they can do so.........but the problem is can bd play 50 overs???? big question mark lies here..........

But nothig to worry guys........there is going to be embarasssing performances...........but i am sure bd will play well in at least 1 match......
Old June 14, 2005, 11:46 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by babubangla
I bet people reacted in the same way about ODI when it was first started--it is noting but meritless hitting. But we gradually accepted the ODI. I am sure people will accept the 20-20 too. It will still be considered a slog game, but will not be thrown away like people does these days.
ODI started to lose it's appeal within 30 years of it's introduction, while Test is only getting better.

20-20 will take much less time to become predictable and ordinary like ODI.
Old June 14, 2005, 12:11 PM
Test Cricketer

I am dissapointed about such low expectations. I would forecast that BD will bat for 50 overs. However, I am not sure that we will be able to limit the opposition under 300 runs.

The recent Tsunami game tells me that spinners can have their day in "early summer wicket" in England. I am hoping that our spinners will do their share.
Old June 14, 2005, 12:42 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by LateCut
I am dissapointed about such low expectations. I would forecast that BD will bat for 50 overs.
Well.. the problem is that the moment BD players enter the ground... the only thing that seems to be working in their mind is the will to score some very fast rans!

I hope they manage to get rid of this self destructive thoughts!! Except for Bashar & Aftab... every other batsman should follow the JO style of batting (watchfull and controlled against bloodrushing) if they wana survive for 50 overs.
Old June 14, 2005, 01:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by crickethorizon
Except for Bashar & Aftab... every other batsman should follow the JO style of batting (watchfull and controlled against bloodrushing) if they wana survive for 50 overs.
Why this exception for Bashar and Aftab? Do they have less responsibility to save the team's face from complete disaster?

Or acknowledging their attacking style? In that case why not Ash, Rafique, Mashrafee and Nafees in the exception list ?

I raised the issue, because I don't like this exception stuff, specially when you consider Bashar, who is the team's captain and one of the most experienced player. We should expect him to play 4/5 slot like Enzy and steer the team based on the situation. For Aftab, he is young and aggressive but still very young and adaptable to good habits. Therefore we should encourage him to play causiously and then show his aggression as he is set and team is above water.

Edited on, June 14, 2005, 6:31 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old June 14, 2005, 01:38 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

The reasons are simple:

Bashar: He has a very own style of batting and that is bit attacking. I do have more faith on Bashar than any other in the team and he has shown to be responsible at times with better rate of succes than others. He is actually in his best shape when he plays natural.. plus he often adds the needed responsibility to his innings. I vote for his natural way of playing.

Aftab:..... welll, I don't think he can be calmed down so easily. He must cool down in long run... but for now it is provint to be fruitfull for the team to let him blast.

In short... these two seems to be more successful than others in playing the risky way. The others (including Ash) only fail 95% of the times when they go for blasting batting. In ODI.... 2 of the 11 batsmen could be risked who may be allowed to play shots at will.