facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 16, 2005, 11:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Changes in 2nd Mactch (Nat)

Drop: Ashraful, Khaled Mahmud

Add: Rana,Taposh

Batting Lineup:

JO
Nafis
Aftab
Tushar
Habibul
Rana
Rafiq
Pilot
Mashrafee
Taposh
Nazmul

12th man: Rajin

Old June 16, 2005, 11:25 AM
Administrator

Has chacha just played his last international game?
Old June 16, 2005, 11:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Zunaid
Fortunately, He did.
Old June 16, 2005, 11:28 AM
Cricket Legend

I would give Khaled Mahmud another match before hammering the last nail of his career.
Old June 16, 2005, 11:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

my only change would be to bring in rana for chacha.my team according to batting order is:

Javed Omar
Nafis Iqbal
Aftab Ahmed
Tushar Imran
Habibul Bashar
Mohammed Ashraful
Khaled Mashud
Manzarul Islam
Mohammed Rafique
Mashrafee Mortza
Nazmul Hosain
Old June 16, 2005, 11:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher
I would give Khaled Mahmud another match before hammering the last nail of his career.
Plz, aar koshto dite chaan chachake. Its time to let him go.
Old June 16, 2005, 11:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by faceoff

Batting Lineup:

JO
Nafis
Aftab
Tushar
Habibul
Rana
Rafiq
Pilot
Mashrafee
Taposh
Nazmul

12th man: Rajin
I agree with your team and the lineup, I think we should stick with it for the rest of the series.
Old June 16, 2005, 11:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Zunaid
Yes!Send him back to Bangladesh.:do wn::down :
Old June 16, 2005, 11:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by roaring tigerz
my only change would be to bring in rana for chacha.my team according to batting order is:

Javed Omar
Nafis Iqbal
Aftab Ahmed
Tushar Imran
Habibul Bashar
Mohammed Ashraful
Khaled Mashud
Manzarul Islam
Mohammed Rafique
Mashrafee Mortza
Nazmul Hosain
I totaly agree with you.
Old June 16, 2005, 11:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

The most dissapointing thing about chacha is that.........he was always a committed cricketer.........but today......the way he bowled.......there was no committment.......no try to imrpove.....just gave it up.........just did not try.........bowling lolipop bouncers !!! was he bowling to his little son??
Old June 16, 2005, 11:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Seems bowling inside first 15 overs is another place to worry about beside top order batting.

I think our bowlers did not bowl according to their plan, if there were any, inside first 15 overs.

My two predictions went wrong:

1. I thought BD will not pass 130 and
2. England need at least 30 overs to score 190.
Old June 16, 2005, 11:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Taposh in place of chacha for me........................
i know why you guys are wanting rana......he also deserve his chance........but do you think going only with 3 seamers (Masri, nazmul).....all spinners a good idea??
dont think Aftab bowled well today.......tresco was looking for 100 and strauss was not hitting to give tresco a chance to make 100.........

So, if Rana plays.......then only 2 seamers in English condition............I am not too sure about that.........
So, Taposh for chahca for me.

I was hoping chacha playing well today.......and Rana will get a cahcne in place of a batsmen in the next match......but the way our batters batted today.....i am also worried to drop another batmen.

What can be done with this team !!!
Old June 16, 2005, 11:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by yaseer
i know why you guys are wanting rana......he also deserve his chance........but do you think going only with 3 seamers (Masri, nazmul).....all spinners a good idea??
dont think Aftab bowled well today.......tresco was looking for 100 and strauss was not hitting to give tresco a chance to make 100.........

So, if Rana plays.......then only 2 seamers in English condition............I am not too sure about that.........

I was hoping chacha playing well today.......and Rana will get a cahcne in place of a batsmen in the next match......but the way our batters batted today.....i am also worried to drop another batmen.

We definitely need 3 seamers in english pitch. Rana must play instead of chacha. So the odd man left out is Ashraful who can use a break as he always plays well after breaks.
Old June 16, 2005, 11:57 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

I think we should just change the batting lineup for the next match. Aftab should come at #3 and Ashraful should come at #6.

If things still don't work well for us, then we should think about changes for the 3rd match.
Old June 16, 2005, 11:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally posted by yaseer

two pacers in these conditions is definately suicidal. but what other options do we have? rana is definately not good enough to bat in the top 6. mashud could be moved up the order at 6 and rana could play at 7. but then who would be dropped? i would give ash at least 2 more games b4 considering dropping him. tushar did just about enough to justify keeping him. in normal circumstances i would have thought of putting ash as opener in place of nafis. but ashraful is struggling against the new ball now. so dont know how to put taposh and rana both into the team. rana gets my vote, kinda by default because of tapash's erratic form so far.
Old June 16, 2005, 12:04 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by roaring tigerz

Javed Omar
Nafis Iqbal
Aftab Ahmed
Tushar Imran
Habibul Bashar
Mohammed Ashraful
Khaled Mashud
Manzarul Islam
Mohammed Rafique
Mashrafee Mortza
Nazmul Hosain
I like this team and the batting order.
Old June 16, 2005, 12:14 PM
Test Cricketer

All this batting orders matters only if our 1st wkt stand for a longer time. Otherwise no use as in that case everybody have to face new balls which none of us can play better.I think Tushar may try @no 3 and then either Bashar or Aftab. I would like to give Chacha abd Ash a break in the next game. And chacha will not play in the enxt game then bring Aftab,Pilot, Rafique,Rana, Masri, Taposh and Nazmul
Old June 16, 2005, 12:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

We should not change the things that are working. We should only change that are not working.

Aftab is doing good in the late of the order, so why should we change his batting place?

Ashraful is good enough talent to bat for Bangladesh at 3. We should try him again. Changing his batting order will not give much confidance he needs at this point of time. Either drop Ash or keep him at three.
Old June 16, 2005, 12:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

i do not think that aftab should be number 3 as if he is in early the new ball might finsih him of bang there goes our best batsman

he does well at number 6 as he can asses the situation and either kock the ball around or go for the big shots
Old June 16, 2005, 12:19 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

I will give chacha the chance of his life. Let him play the 2nd ODI if he does not perform, then lets just say good bye to him for his years long service. I would replace Nazmul with Tapash.

Javed Omar
Nafis Iqbal
Aftab Ahmed
Tushar Imran
Habibul Bashar
Mohammed Ashraful
Khaled Mashud
Khaled Mahmud - [last chance to prove his ability, he would be replace by Rana for the the 3rd game.]
Mohammed Rafique
Mashrafee Mortza
Tapash Baisya

Edited on, June 16, 2005, 5:20 PM GMT, by ehsan.
Old June 16, 2005, 12:24 PM
Cricket Legend

I think Chacha got too emotional today and tried to do something extra other than bowling in his traditional nagging fashion. If he agrees to go back to his old way, I would give him another chance.
Old June 16, 2005, 12:27 PM
Cricket Legend

I think Aftab should probably stay at 6. Ashraful should go down to 5 and Tushar and Bashar should move a place up. We can't lose Aftab early. Let him stay where he is doing well.

Ashraful looks very tentative with his footwork. Obviously, he just faced one ball today, but generally, he hasn't been going forward or back. He has been staying put where he is, a natural result of being out of touch and low on confidence. He needs to move down the order to number 5 and he needs a bit of luck as well. When you aren't really in touch, you don't want the kind of ball he got first up today. I would also drop Nazmul and Mahmud and bring back Tapash and Rana. This is my team:

Javed Omar
Nafees Iqbal
Tushar Imran
Habibul Bashar
Mohammed Ashraful
Aftab Ahmed
Khaled Mashud
Mohammed Rafique
Monjurul Islam
Mashrafe Mortoza
Tapash Baisya
Old June 16, 2005, 12:30 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Sham, no chance for chacha eh? I was feeling sad for him after all he is retiring after this series and that's the ONLY reason he got a place in my team.
Old June 16, 2005, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Sham is asking for Rana, now that is shocking. Spitfire is very consistent, he still discards Rana.

Now that Rana's inclusion is obvious to everybody, which I justified before the match, hopefully Rana will prove his worthiness, again. And I want to see Ashraful again, my prediction is Rana will outperform him and prove my point that talent label is useless, if someone does not know how to use it. Player like Ashraful is nothing more than a burden for this series.
Old June 16, 2005, 12:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

I am in favor of bringing in Rana and Taposh in place of Ashraful and Mahmud. Ashraful is just out of form and unfortunately, when you are out of form you also get good deliveries that gets you out. I guess it is a vicious cricle.

The problem in dropping Ashraful is that it makes the tail longer. But how bad could that be? If he continues his run of bad scores it might be a good idea to replace him for the next match at least. One day he will play an amazing innings again, but when? In case, he still plays the second game, he should bat at #6.

The bigger problem is that our backups are not in good form either. In that case, Rajin or Shahriar Nafis could come in place of Ashraful. I donít know how good even Taposh would be on the bowling front. Besides, then Masud, Rafique, Rana, Mashrafee, Taposh would need to bat decently. We always seem to have problems between wickets #2 and #4. Hence the need of the later bastmen/bowlers to bat well.