facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 16, 2005, 11:22 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Unimpressive captaincy from Bashar while Fielding/Bowling!

Lets take a look at Bashar’s sharpness in terms of bowling rotation and fielding placement in the England series. In no other series have these two factors become so vitally important like this one in England.

Any special difficulties in this series? What about these?…
#_Batsmen have been scoring poor runs!!
#_Conditions are pretty Alien for each of the bowlers! Pacers absolutely not sure how to take advantage of the ‘English-Conditions’ !
#_Due to the pace-favored conditions BD’s half bowling strength (Spinners) is truncated!!
#_Finally... The English batsmen are pretty much used to playing bowlers who are simply a few steps ahead by pace and seam movement from all the BD bowlers (including Masree). So they are simply playing our pacers with lots of ease.

But what is Bashar doing about it? There simply doesn’t seem to be any plan from his part to trouble the opposition batsmen... either by rotating bowlers or trying to trap them by tricky-fielding placement or attacking fielding. To be frank... there doesn’t seem to be any captain present in the field when BD is bowling/fielding!!! :duh:

All the worries about the ‘English-Conditions’ surely are about protecting our batting line-up... but that worry seems to have taken over the minds of the whole BD team including Bashar that the well-known fight-back that BD put up during fielding/bowling (even while defending pretty low scores) is COMPLETELY GONE!

Old June 16, 2005, 11:29 AM
BC Editorial Team

>> There simply doesn’t seem to be any plan from his part to trouble the opposition batsmen...

If it is so, it means that no planning has happened off the field also, and Bashar is not the only culprit.
Old June 16, 2005, 11:52 AM
First Class Cricketer

One word sums up Bashar's captaincy -> "heculiar and hathetic".

He should really've gotten man of the match for being so clueless.
Old June 16, 2005, 11:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Damn Captain!Was laughing while talking with Michael Holding during the MOM ceremoney!Just Rubbish!

Edited on, June 16, 2005, 5:05 PM GMT, by Rajputro.
Old June 16, 2005, 12:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Remember, this is the first time Bashar touring England. He is not supposed to know how to instruct his bowlers to bowl in this conditions and place field according to it. It was someone else's job to instruct the bowlers how to exploit the conditions and tell Bashar how to utilize them. Do I have to say anymore?
Old June 16, 2005, 12:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Bhaijanera.........bahsar kono great captain na, aita ami mani................kintu bhai, Bashar er pichone laiga ki kono labh ase? Erokom pathetic bowling korle clive loyd, Imran khan, Steve waugh sobaire eksathe captain banaileu ki labh ase???

Ektu bhabeb ajke chacha kemne ball korse?? ki korbe captain bowler erokom paglami kore bouncer dile??

Nazmul, na length thik ase, na line, na ase pace......ki field place korbe, ki attack korbe bhai?

I think give him more time.......time has not yet come to write him off...............

arekta kotha.......other than Pailot (jakey board captain banabe na).....ar keu ki ase captain hower moto amader team e??
Old June 16, 2005, 12:03 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by Bat&PadTogether
Damn Captain!Was laughing while talking with Michael Holding during the MOM ceremoney!Just Rubbish!
That laughing part really made me angry. He looked happier than Vaughn after such an embarrassing performance

Edited on, June 16, 2005, 5:32 PM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: Edit quote
Old June 16, 2005, 12:04 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by yaseer
Bhaijanera.........bahsar kono great captain na, aita ami mani................kintu bhai, Bashar er pichone laiga ki kono labh ase? Erokom pathetic bowling korle clive loyd, Imran khan, Steve waugh sobaire eksathe captain banaileu ki labh ase???

Ektu bhabeb ajke chacha kemne ball korse?? ki korbe captain bowler erokom paglami kore bouncer dile??

Nazmul, na length thik ase, na line, na ase pace......ki field place korbe, ki attack korbe bhai?
Agree with you
Old June 16, 2005, 12:07 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I thought Mashud did the captaincy today?

I returned from class after/during the 10th over when Mashrafee was being hit for 3 fours in his over - and so I don't know since when, but I'm pretty sure that Habibul Bashar - our captain was hurt on his finger and had his finger on ice for quite some time.

Besides, why isn't Mashrafee bowling OK? I thought he was a better bowler than this - he seemed like younger brother of ever-regular Mahmud.
Old June 16, 2005, 12:10 PM
First Class Cricketer

I would think Mashud should take over captaincy. He has the drive.

I would also suggest Rafique...but....????
Old June 16, 2005, 12:14 PM
First Class Cricketer

By the way...what role is Mahmud supposed to play? Was he brought back because he's an expert in the "English CONDITIONS?" Really, what did we think we were going to achieve by bringing him back? He played England 2 years ago and has been absent for a long time since. 2 matches 2 years ago against England doesn't make him an expert in anything. There needs to be consistent team when going against teams like England. Put players on the field who have worked together for a long time (recently).
Old June 16, 2005, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

If you give the best set of bowlers Bashar will not know how and when to suse them, he will mess it up. Today, the way Bashar captained the team, I wonder whethere he thinks sensibly or thinks anything at all as the game progress. Pacers were getting hammered, and he still let them bowl. Rafiq should have brought after 8 overs, as Nazmul was falling apart, but no he kept him bowling. It cost the team a lot, England openers whacked them all over the filed. and got a confidence sky high by the time Rafiq was there. Surely Rafiq is not in the best of forms, and at that situation any bowlers would be smacked, but some prudent bowling changes could have delayed the inevitable at least by 8-10 more overs.

Today, Bashar's captainly definitely was the lowlight of BD fielding. During the second test match the commentators were questioning his captaincy capability. Someone said he just stands there and let things happen. He meant if you just stand there why a team even need a captain.

And yes, off the field planner Dav and company are not doing anything either, they are just sitting there and only GOD knows what they are thinking. Man only if these sets of managment were coaching a team in US baseball or something.....they will be kicked out for good from the team in a second. Just pathtic planning and worse application of a plan, if there was ever any.
Old June 16, 2005, 01:19 PM
First Class Cricketer

It's a real PISSER when Habibul just stands there lazily with his arms crossed. Sometimes, all he's doing is picking his fingers. He has the same level of enthusiasm when he's at press events. What's up with that? He doesn't seem to like the job too much...and not upbeat enough to make improvements.

But then again, their coach always tells them that they don't have to win!!! When nothing matters and you're not fighting to win, you might as well just cross your arms and just "hang out".
Old June 16, 2005, 01:21 PM
Cricket Legend

i have some serious issues with his field placements- especially at slip. He is'nt dynamic enough to me liking and i really thought it was an aspect of captaincy he could rectify easily.

havind said that our team is pretty good on the field. Ash did,nt look too bad even though he flopped in batting.

Edited on, June 16, 2005, 6:22 PM GMT, by oracle.
Old June 16, 2005, 04:15 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Bashar should try changing bowlers !

There is some technical problem in Bashar\'s captaincy. When the ballers are being hammered he keeps on using the same baller. As he has got more balling options like Ashraful, he never tries him. There is no harm trying different ballers, as they are getting punished anyway.
I think he should use four ballers at a time to make the batsman nervous.
Balling change could do something for us, hopefully!

Edited on, June 16, 2005, 11:41 PM GMT, by razabq.
Reason: ballers mean something entirely different
Old June 16, 2005, 04:18 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

ballers
Old June 16, 2005, 04:28 PM
Banned

Bashar does it random as he is a unique hybrid of stupidity and intelligence.....
Old June 16, 2005, 04:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

I think the only reason he's reluctant cause he did bowl 10 overs in a game once. i think he only gave up 46 runs,.
Old June 16, 2005, 04:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Bashar should try changing ballers !

Bashar already lost 3 balls (out of team's 22). I guess at that point he stoped fooling around with (I mean keep changing them).

Edited on, June 16, 2005, 9:54 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old June 16, 2005, 04:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

he is too mellow at times. he needs to cheer up and cheer other guys too.
Old June 16, 2005, 05:22 PM
Cricket Legend

I think Bashar does not enjoy bowling/fielding at all. He just want to get it over with as quickly as possible.
Changing bowlers means changing the field setting--it's a waste of time.
Old June 16, 2005, 07:19 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I did not like bashar's bowling change at all today. When Nazmul was getting thrashed at one end and mashrafee keeping it tight on the other, he did not do anything about it. he went for the conventional time for bowling change. true, chacha did a terrible job today, but bashar had no way to know that, and he should have been bringing him in earlier and take off nazmul. Again, he had aftab, who did not bowl bad at all, but got the chance at the end. what was wrong with bring him in earlier? how about ash? if he was given a chance would he do any worse? i doubt that.

also, his fielding positioning was criticized by the comms today a lot.

he sucks as a captain, specially when it comes to winning toss.
Old June 16, 2005, 07:26 PM
Banned

Bashar does it random as he is a unique hybrid of stupidity and intelligence..
Old June 16, 2005, 08:24 PM
Club Cricketer

Bashar is captain by default, since no one is there to take up the job. He is also timid and a conservative captain with very little imagination. He sticks to the strategy he devised before the game. Kind of like Inzamam when he started as captain. However in the case of Bashar, he hardly likes to change his game plan. Maybe the coach should have coached him about bowler rotation and field placing. yes, since Dav's been telling them everything, why not give a half hour talk to him about rotation and field placing? I think Pilot needs to get more involved and not leave everything to Bashar.
Old June 16, 2005, 09:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

The worst thing about Bashar's captaincy was that he had no idea where to put the field, he eventually ended up jus moving fielders to where the previous ball went and the result was a complete mauling.