facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 18, 2005, 07:53 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Bashar is an idiot !!!!

End of story. He's just not fit enough to be captain

Old June 18, 2005, 08:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Yeah, quite true. He let Australia off the hook in the middle overs, when they scored without a care in the world. Atleast to Rafique, who was getting turn and bounce for the first time in this series, he should have had some close fielders and given Clarke and Martin something to think about.

But, all said and done, what difference the sun makes for our guys.
Old June 18, 2005, 08:17 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

I'm not a fan of Bashar's captaincy, but a thread like is useless and mods should lock it.

End of the story.
Old June 18, 2005, 08:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Agreed. Considering Aussies arrogance of trying to score 400 runs against the minnow, I think Bashar did okay. 249 is a gettable total. Bangladesh, should play to win now
Old June 18, 2005, 08:19 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by Sham
Yeah, quite true. He let Australia off the hook in the middle overs, when they scored without a care in the world. Atleast to Rafique, who was getting turn and bounce for the first time in this series, he should have had some close fielders and given Clarke and Martin something to think about.

But, all said and done, what difference the sun makes for our guys.
If the thread starters posted something like this, then it would make sense to people who missed the 1st innings of today's game.
Old June 18, 2005, 08:21 AM
Banned

i belive that everyone has the right to express their feelings even though i would have chosen a different language. Anyhow really poor captancy by Bashar. But that doenst matter so much right now. Lets just hope thet our batsmen can get the target.
Old June 18, 2005, 08:26 AM
Richard McInnes
Manager / Head coach, National Cricket Academy
Former BD U19 Coach

Until you start to try and win matches when we have a chance, we never will!!! It is as simple as that. Unless you actually challenge the opposition and apply some pressure to them, make them take some chances, you may as well just ask them to nominate a score and not even bother batting. That was very frustrating to watch.
Old June 18, 2005, 08:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Man, even if we do little better, we still complain.

So, Bashar is the Scapegoat for the day even on the day when BD does a little better. Please give our team a break.

I am getting sick of this kind of threads with such language!
Old June 18, 2005, 08:27 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

bashar is the worst captain any test side ever had. end of the story.
Old June 18, 2005, 08:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

His field placements were very questionable but I thought his bowling rotation was spot on. Too bad Tapash and later Nazmul didn't support that though
Old June 18, 2005, 08:32 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

coach just a question, what do you think about aftab, was he like this when you were coaching him (I mean its too early to judge him now).
Old June 18, 2005, 08:32 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Problem is Bashar never seen like this before. So after getting those early wickets he just followed his defensive tactics.
Old June 18, 2005, 08:36 AM
Cricket Legend

SInce Coach McInnes is on the thread, can you answer a question. Why do selectors such as Atahar Ali make the same observations we are making here, yet there seems to be no feedback to Bashar. Does he not listen, or is there no feedback? Can you address that?

More astute observers of the game will probably agree that Bashar has a problem applying pressure on the opposition. I started watching from about over 13 or so, and was appalled that we had no slips to our fast bowlers. Later, when Rafique finally got some turn, there was no close in fielders for him either. This has been the case with our matches for a few years now. It could be a problem with the strategy, but it could also be a problem with mindset - not expecting to do very well, we are too defensive minded.

As for why criticize Bashar when we did quite well, well if you have glaring problems you talk about it. Not a big deal.
Old June 18, 2005, 08:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

Sack Bashar!Rubbish Defensive Display.There was no pressure on Martin and Clarke when Aussie were 56/3: down::do wn:
Old June 18, 2005, 08:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Flipper

So, Bashar is the Scapegoat for the day even on the day when BD does a little better. Please give our team a break.

Flipper,

The sign of a good team is one which continuously self-assesses. Even Australia is always trying to improve, and Duncan Fletcher is always trying to make England a more complete team, by making what he calls "complete cricketers."

So, just because we have had a good day on the field so far, we shouldn't just put our feet up and not analyse the different aspects of our game and where we could have done better.

As our ex under 19 coach just pointed out, we won't win unless we play to win. Bashar gave them the middle 20 overs from the 20th to the 40th. He might as well have just called Ponting out to the middle, said look, lets not bother to play the middle 20, you guys take 80 runs, give us a wicket, and we'll cut to the chase straight away with the last ten. In effect, thats exactly what he did!!
Old June 18, 2005, 08:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:

This kind of defeatist attitude is why Kenya wins so many more games than we do. A test side SHOULD be able to restrict another side to 250. Yes, we did better than last game, we were in a position to do A WHOLE LOT BETTER, and we let it slip away.
Old June 18, 2005, 08:40 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sham
Quote:

Flipper,

The sign of a good team is one which continuously self-assesses. Even Australia is always trying to improve, and Duncan Fletcher is always trying to make England a more complete team, by making what he calls "complete cricketers."

So, just because we have had a good day on the field so far, we shouldn't just put our feet up and not analyse the different aspects of our game and where we could have done better.

As our ex under 19 coach just pointed out, we won't win unless we play to win. Bashar gave them the middle 20 overs from the 20th to the 40th. He might as well have just called Ponting out to the middle, said look, lets not bother to play the middle 20, you guys take 80 runs, give us a wicket, and we'll cut to the chase straight away with the last ten. In effect, thats exactly what he did!!
Well said.
Old June 18, 2005, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by observer
Until you start to try and win matches when we have a chance, we never will!!! It is as simple as that. Unless you actually challenge the opposition and apply some pressure to them, make them take some chances, you may as well just ask them to nominate a score and not even bother batting. That was very frustrating to watch.
*clap*

For the use of the word "we" above. Richard's heart is still with us?

just pondering, is he doing it on purpose to make rafique look ordinary? still not happy with rafique since the zimbo tour?

i can't find an explanation of such an idoicy.
Test Cricketer

Sham,

I agree with Coach, and you 100%. I am really pissed with his Captancy as well. But, Calling Bashar an idiot is not acceptable. Please.......
Old June 18, 2005, 08:42 AM

filpper, if i can call a white a white a black a black, why can't i call an idiot an idiot?

Edited on, June 18, 2005, 1:44 PM GMT, by AgentSmith.
Old June 18, 2005, 08:43 AM
Cricket Legend

H_fan, who are you supporting today??
Old June 18, 2005, 08:45 AM
Cricket Legend

James always supports us, even against the Aussies!!
Old June 18, 2005, 08:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
I'm not a fan of Bashar's captaincy, but a thread like is useless and mods should lock it.

End of the story.
Not the end of story.

Have you ever considered respecting other people's opinion? Your liking is NOT the end of the world, others people must express their feeling. And this is a very good topic. Everybody like commentators, cricinfo staff, even observer is talking about it. Be open minded and respect other peoples opinion please.
Old June 18, 2005, 08:48 AM
Banned

Perhaps what was going on was indeed better than what we have experienced more often. Paranoia, coming from constant pressure forces one not to want to upset the order.

One question though...can the coach (Whatmore) not have sent guidance during drinks or something?

Obviously the game plan was cemented - that to limit the Aussies as much as possible, and thereby actually having a long shot. Though I cannot imagine how BD or the the commentators (Botham) can even think that 250 is gettable.