facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 21, 2005, 11:47 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Haven\'t seen any dumber captaincy than this..

Even Pilot would not have bowled any worse than Paposh. Why keep continuing with him.

He is one hell of an unimaginative and conservative captain!

Plain dumb!

Old June 21, 2005, 11:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

I have not.
Old June 21, 2005, 11:54 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

have not seen any dumber team selection as well. i'm beginning to doubt the cricketing knowlege of the selectors for playing taposh, nazmul and tushar and not playing rana.

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 4:55 PM GMT, by AgentSmith.
Old June 21, 2005, 11:59 AM
Banned

Basher is a unique hybrid of stupidity and intelligence...that's why somedays he is good, somedays so dumb....
Old June 21, 2005, 12:04 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

rubbish! every bowler went for RUNS...every_bowler_..look at the stats...lot of crap was bowled...Bashar had little to do...he can't go teach his most experienced bowlers how to bowl can he?

We certainly could have used two spinners....if after this match we don't see two spinners selected then that is just pathetic..the last thing I want to see is Chach brought in for Tapash (who has very seriousl problems with crucial areas in his bowling).
Old June 21, 2005, 12:08 PM
First Class Cricketer

In one-dayers, you always need back up bowlers. Shewag, tendy, gayle all established batsman contribute a lot. What is wrong with Ash bowling? Why not encourage other players to bowl often?

It is the Taposh from the beginning with no balls and crappy bowling lost it! And Bashar was just a plain spectator to all these carnage!
Old June 21, 2005, 12:11 PM
Test Cricketer

I am going to defend all my team members today who just gave us one of the brightest days of our life on Saturady.

So, I am comming after whoever bashes our players!
Old June 21, 2005, 12:19 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by pompous
rubbish! every bowler went for RUNS...every_bowler_..look at the stats...lot of crap was bowled...Bashar had little to do...he can't go teach his most experienced bowlers how to bowl can he?

We certainly could have used two spinners....if after this match we don't see two spinners selected then that is just pathetic..the last thing I want to see is Chach brought in for Tapash (who has very seriousl problems with crucial areas in his bowling).
Every bolwer went for runs because of what? Because in first few overs the tempo was set and Taposh was the main architect of that and he was allowed to do that by our dumb captain!

Now answer if you have watched the match with open eyes. who gave the most runs in the first 15 overs when England scored 130 odd runs? If your frontline bowlers gives away 9 runs per over in the first few do you continue with him? Sure it is rubbish! this is rubbish captaincy!

What is wrong brining on Rafiq on the 9th over? or Aftab? A change of pace might have done the trick! I have seen numerous time spinners coming to bowl in the first fifteen overs (even after 6th or 7th over when frontline pacers are thrashed) .

Then he just resigned to the fact that it is not worth trying anyone else, so let's get tharashed!
Old June 21, 2005, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by Flipper
I am going to defend all my team members today who just gave us one of the brightest days of our life on Saturady.

So, I am comming after whoever bashes our players!
I want to be with you, but Taposh also bowled a lot of no-balls in that match and was the most expensive bowler as well
Old June 21, 2005, 12:23 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by pompous

Old June 21, 2005, 12:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Actually, I also think Rana should be in this team. Our slower bowlers are more effective. I had earlier asked for Rana in place of Nazmul, but Taposh seems to have lost it. What is with the no-balls? Also, someone please tell Bashar that Nazmul is not a slog overs bowler. His full tosses are pissing me off.

I think Nazmul should probably open with Mashrafe, and bowl straight out. If its his day, he may go for under 60. Aftab should be brought into the attack much earlier than he has been, and Rana and Rafique should bowl out the middle overs and try to keep things tight.

We can't afford to carry both Nazmul and Taposh in this team, both giving away 8-10 runs an over.
Old June 21, 2005, 12:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Yes, I would have to say that I am very surprised by Bashar's captaincy, the run flood was started by Taposh (having the worst day of this life), if we had quickly moved in someone else this might not have happened, at least not to this extent. I think a break from the captaincy might do Bashar some good.

By the way, do we have a vice captain now or not? Is he not supposed to advise the vice captain? Can't Dav send a message to Bashar with drinks?

Very odd indeed.
Old June 21, 2005, 12:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Rana instead of Tapash!Bashar will never learn how to set the field!!
Old June 21, 2005, 01:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

If someone must be a captain for this team, he must pass some kind of test by reading "captaincy for dummies". sure tapash ruined it, but bashar just stood there and let it all happen. He definitely could let Rafiq or Aftab bring in After 2 overs from tapash. And what did Dav do? Whatmore can he do?

And what is use of Rana anyways? If a Captain does not know when and how or to use or change a bowler, he will not do much better with the world's best bowlers either.

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 6:54 PM GMT, by reyme.
Old June 21, 2005, 03:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

I say Tapash out and Rana in.... If only Enamul was still in England.
Old June 21, 2005, 04:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Courtney Walsh

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSmith
have not seen any dumber team selection as well. i'm beginning to doubt the cricketing knowlege of the selectors for playing taposh, nazmul and tushar and not playing rana.

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 4:55 PM GMT, by AgentSmith.
Mr. AgentSmith...did you make this kind of comment when we beat Australia? If you did, please show me...otherwise, please keep finding why and how Neo got so powerful that your millions of clones couldn't even stop him...
Old June 21, 2005, 04:32 PM
Cricket Sage

I would alos like to have a new captain for different reason. He rarely wins a toss. He is very unlucky. We need a lucky captain.
Old June 21, 2005, 04:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
I would alos like to have a new captain for different reason. He rarely wins a toss. He is very unlucky. We need a lucky captain.
Sujon had the same problem. May be our whole nation is unlucky. That case we need some foreign born player to lead us. Does Whatmore come into consideration?
Old June 21, 2005, 06:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

What is wrong brining on Rafiq on the 9th over? or Aftab? A change of pace might have done the trick! I have seen numerous time spinners coming to bowl in the first fifteen overs (even after 6th or 7th over when frontline pacers are thrashed) .

Then he just resigned to the fact that it is not worth trying anyone else, so let's get tharashed!
you are right. bashar is a joke of a captain. he never thinks about how to block the opposing scoring rate. just because he saw taposh got hit he brought in nazmul. anyone could guess what will happen next. he could have easily brought in rafiq or aftab then.

isnt it possible to have chacha as captain from gallery? he actually had far better cricket sense than bashar.
Old June 21, 2005, 06:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Mr. AgentSmith...did you make this kind of comment when we beat Australia? If you did, please show me...otherwise, please keep finding why and how Neo got so powerful that your millions of clones couldn't even stop him... [/quote]

Yes he did, during the match. Just because BD won that match does not mean that Bashar had a good captaincy. All the commentators on TV were talking how Bashar was just standing there without creating any pressure after the 2nd wkt fall. These were the experts talking but you dont have to be one to see how poor his captaincy was. it was the teamwork and some great batting including Bashar's that won the match, his captaincy almost ruined it!

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 11:43 PM GMT, by reyme.
Old June 21, 2005, 06:45 PM
Cricket Legend

If chahcha can be the captain from the gallery why cant that be Dav Whatmore?

Is there any rule in cricket that the coach/teacher cant give suggestion/answer to the players/student during the game/exam?
Old June 21, 2005, 06:46 PM
First Class Cricketer

Bashar should be more aggressive in field placement when Flintoff got out. Also he could have brought back Mortaza at that time. Anyway, playing four bowlers is not safe, specially when Rana bowled pretty well in the practice match.
Old June 21, 2005, 06:47 PM
Cricket Legend

brikonwal, yes, some of us along with AgentSmith were screaming for Rana right after our emphatic win against Aussies, though we have differece of opinions whom Rana should replace.
Old June 21, 2005, 06:48 PM
Cricket Legend

How about we fans from Banglacricket give Bashar a cell phone and SMS him when to change bowlers and by whom?
Old June 21, 2005, 06:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Dear Dav Whatmore, please add training session on captaincy for bashar. and please send him guidelines while sitting with the players watching the game. this is one area you did not improve at all.

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 11:55 PM GMT, by reyme.