facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 23, 2005, 12:53 AM
cricketboy's Avatar
cricketboy cricketboy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2005
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,999
Default Our Ranking

ICC Rankings is so faulty that it shows Kenya with 26 points and Bangladesh with 13 and Zimbabwe with 50. Mohammad Ashraful not within 100 best batsman in the world too but Sujon is there. This is 1 funny ranking with better support to Bangladesh.

http://www.cricket.amul.com/teams.html
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old June 23, 2005, 01:08 AM
ReckmyBack's Avatar
ReckmyBack ReckmyBack is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 14, 2005
Location: Downstairs
Posts: 1,206

Imagine how many matches kenya won already in the world cup . It's more points if the country wins in away . We have to accept the offer from Zimbabwe to be there in August then if we win all of them we will be the top of Kenya for sure .

Edited on, June 23, 2005, 6:08 AM GMT, by ReckmyBack.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old June 23, 2005, 01:27 AM
Tintin Tintin is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: August 23, 2003
Posts: 3,493

>> Mohammad Ashraful not within 100 best batsman in the world too but Sujon is there.

1. It is written at the top of the page that the rankings were last updated on May 23rd.

2. Before the 100 v Aus, Ashraful's average was 16.50

3. In the last 24 matches before this innings in the last 14 months he had only one 50.

Which is why.



Edited on, June 23, 2005, 6:29 AM GMT, by Tintin.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old June 23, 2005, 02:13 AM
Mahir's Avatar
Mahir Mahir is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team
 
Join Date: January 1, 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut
Posts: 4,330

Quote:
Originally posted by ReckmyBack
Imagine how many matches kenya won already in the world cup . It's more points if the country wins in away . We have to accept the offer from Zimbabwe to be there in August then if we win all of them we will be the top of Kenya for sure .

Edited on, June 23, 2005, 6:08 AM GMT, by ReckmyBack.
But the rankings are still FAULTY because they represent the standings of the countries "as of now (currently)" and who would dare to say that Bangladesh is doing worse than both Kenya and Zimbabwe currently ? Wins in the world cup a year ago should have stayed in the rankings of a year ago.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old June 23, 2005, 06:53 AM
Akib's Avatar
Akib Akib is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 27, 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Favorite Player: Graeme Smith
Posts: 5,856

No one is saying they are worse. Its is just that a few months ago we were the worst (maybe better than Kenya though). So we need time to go up and Zimbabwe and Kenya need time to go down....

Edited on, June 23, 2005, 11:55 AM GMT, by aka.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old June 23, 2005, 02:03 PM
bangee bangee is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 20, 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 18

Quote:
Originally posted by cricketboy
ICC Rankings is so faulty that it shows Kenya with 26 points and Bangladesh with 13 and Zimbabwe with 50. Mohammad Ashraful not within 100 best batsman in the world too but Sujon is there. This is 1 funny ranking with better support to Bangladesh.

http://www.cricket.amul.com/teams.html
That's because (according to ICC):
Quote:
The table reflects all ODIs played since August 2002, i.e. just over two years of fixtures. All ODIs played until the start of next August will be added to this table, so by then the ratings will be based on three years of results. Then, in August 2005, the first year of results will be dropped, so it will then cover the two years starting in August 2003.
Here for more:
http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc/faq/odi_faq.html#4
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket