facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 13, 2005, 07:28 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Shahriar Hossain Biddyut

Take a Look. Biddyut wants to play in the national team.

http://www.nayadiganta.com/2005/07/14/khela_diganta.htm

What do you think? Does he have any chance?
Old July 13, 2005, 07:45 PM
First Class Cricketer

most welcome
nut its not too easy these days.. we have really some really young talent. But if he can prove himself I don't mind to see him opening our side.
Old July 13, 2005, 08:06 PM
Cricket Legend

he has lot competition now. he needs to do something extraordinary to get a call. but this is good for BD. Opiee, bidyut everybody will compete and this will bring best of our players.
Old July 13, 2005, 08:31 PM
Cricket Legend

I like Biddut a lot for his stylish batting, but it will be tough for him to come back to nat'l side at his current age. Selectors now have to keep WC'07 in their mind, and Biddut can't gurrantee that he can keep his fitness up for next two years. Also, if he seriously wants to come back to nat'l team, he needs to do something better than playing in an NY-Bangali amateur league.

BTW, why did not he play in the last NCL?
Old July 13, 2005, 10:59 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

oh my dear god! Biddyut wants to come back! Yes!!! Thats the starting. He retired from the national team, as mentioned, rather egotistically. But its for sure that its no longer going to be any easy for him to come back. Even if he continues to perform in domestic cricket, i doubt how much consideration he will get from the national team selection board. And as long as Mr Faruque is there at the helm, a comeback for Biddyut in the national team is highly unlikely...ripping my heart to say this.

I WANT TO SEE BIDDYUT BACK!!!
Old July 14, 2005, 01:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

it will be great to watch him play in new york... hopefully he is gona regain his form and come bak into the bangladesh side...... i believe he can still give bangladesh a lot......
Old July 14, 2005, 02:13 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

you are lucky sadi... too bad I wont be able to see him play here in toronto.
Old July 14, 2005, 06:05 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I think apart from his fitness, Bidyut has to prove that he has learnt to play patiently and his shot selection is there - because what I have seen him in Zimbabwe recently, he was just pinch-hitting in Test cricket, not that our other youngsters are playing proper cricket, but considering his age - I don't know if he can change his batting style that quickly.
Old July 14, 2005, 07:04 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Biddut is finshed. End of the story.
Old July 14, 2005, 07:44 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Bin Mortaza

Bidyut had played some good innings for us, but it was all in the past. Now, we have to look forward and give young players like S. Nafees a chance. I wouldn't mind if he can score some centuries and come back in to the Nat. Side. He is more suited for ODIs though.
Old July 14, 2005, 07:50 AM
ODI Cricketer

If Biddyut comes back who'd he replace? I can't seem to find anyone that I would rather have Biddyut replace.
Old July 14, 2005, 08:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Wow!great news!My fav players wants to play again. But atodin cricket ar baire thakar por abar intrnational cricket a fire asa kothin bepar.But jodi exeptional performence kore then valo chance karon selector ra akhon young der nite besi interested.So thats the problem.

Edited on, July 14, 2005, 1:55 PM GMT, by Mr-khan.
Old July 14, 2005, 09:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

for odi i definately see biddyut opening if he regains his form and can improve his fitness....two reasons... i think golla is not suited for opening in odi...specially in subcontinent.. and nafis iqbal is going through a bad patch... so biddyut can easily be our third opener and can get couple of chances.... but test match... i rather see golla and one of the nafis opening...
Old July 14, 2005, 10:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

i actually challenge the cricketing knowledge of some of the forum members who "likes" biddyut's batting. As far as what I've seen, Biddyut has very critical problems in his technique which can't be fixed at this stage. And when he's opening the batting, its out of the question. I think he should continue to play domestic cricket and then slowly fade away.
If you see his batting technique, his intial movement is outside "LEG STUMP"- which is a blatant mistake in batting! It seems like he's afraid of batting against bowlers like Collingwood's pace! The way he got out to some of the Zim bowlers in Zim- was appalling. I dont care how much criticism but i don't think he deserves a place back in the squad!
Old July 14, 2005, 11:12 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Bidyut..Opi...Kapali....Tushar Imran... Hannan and so many of our potentials who we liked a lot but got to lose their position due to weak form.

Good thing that we are in need for a strong A-team where these players can be tried and it will serve double purpose:

-from the player's side it will be a chance to prove and improve themselves.
-from the selector's side, it will be the testing lab to test those recently past players.
Old July 14, 2005, 12:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally posted by chyicarus
i actually challenge the cricketing knowledge of some of the forum members who "likes" biddyut's batting. As far as what I've seen, Biddyut has very critical problems in his technique which can't be fixed at this stage. And when he's opening the batting, its out of the question. I think he should continue to play domestic cricket and then slowly fade away.
If you see his batting technique, his intial movement is outside "LEG STUMP"- which is a blatant mistake in batting! It seems like he's afraid of batting against bowlers like Collingwood's pace! The way he got out to some of the Zim bowlers in Zim- was appalling. I dont care how much criticism but i don't think he deserves a place back in the squad!
I agree with you. Our current opneners have much better technic them him/opi. If u watch the pak bd match from WC99 u will notice how many time they have tried to connect (khocha) the ball and failed cause their techniq was so bad that they couldn't go close to the ball also luck helped a lot too.....

And that's why we saw sudden increase of our batsmen getting out by khocha as their etcniq improved and they started to get to the ball and able to khocha it to the slip...
Old July 14, 2005, 12:15 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Some members are also quite stubbornly ignorant to acknowledge a few revealing basics of batting! Amazes me to see those same ones daringly picking out the most critical techniques of batting. Hah!

When its stated that Biddyut seemingly looks scared on the pitch, it easily proves what i mentioned in my first para. I guess not many of us have seen or know enough about Biddyut's batting. Someone gotta give them the video of Ban-Pak of WC 99, and by god's gracious, the video of Ban-MCC 3day match during their BD tour in 1998.

I must be starting to wonder that a certain Collingwood appears more fiery than some Shoaib Akhter or..dare I say, Wasim or Waqar...or even that Marvyn Dillon!
Old July 14, 2005, 12:18 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

yes Biddyut clearly had the problem with balls outside the off-stump, and doing that "khocha-khuchi" was a common problem!

When criticizing a player, please criticize on the right points, and its barely called criticism when one fails to look at the subject's positives!

Old July 14, 2005, 12:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Well rest assured,, he is not coming back when Javed and Nafis is performing and other Nafees is not totally out yet.
He made a terrible decision to retire from international cricket. He was never serious about his career. And I agree, the focus is now more on the World cup team and building a team for future.
Old July 14, 2005, 12:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

thank you dhakablues for FINALLY saying something constructive that makes sense. phew! too much!!!
Old July 14, 2005, 01:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Dhakablues
He was never serious about his career.
That's an interesting observation and a very sad one if it is true. Greenidge also once mentioned some of our veteran cricketers were more committed to club cricket than to the national team. I guess they considered a place in the nat'l team only as a leverage to increase their value in the domestic circuit.

However, I am not blaming them for their lack of commitment, there was no central contract, not enough international serieses to play. So they did whatever they needed to make a decent living.

Edited on, July 14, 2005, 6:16 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old July 14, 2005, 02:28 PM
Cricket Legend

biddut is a very capable opener if he can regain his top form and in his top form he is better than both nafis. he is 30-31 which is not old for a batsman.

but the pool system is really not good which makes talented players retire from national team just for financial reason. Instead of grooming talents, it seems like BCB is forcing them to retire. A player has to look for money in his limited career span and it is duty of the board to amend the laws so that he can be safe financially and concentrate for playing nat. team
Old July 14, 2005, 03:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

I think playing three openers can be a good option for BD. The third opener will take number three spot. This will give BD stability in the top order. If BIdyut can come back, it will be great for our team. But can't really see that happening. In a perfect world, Opee and Bidyut still would be our openers, Nafees would be in the A team trying to make an impression, and Shahreer would be in the Under 19 team promising to be a great opener in the future. But unfortunately, in BD, players get their test caps before puberty, and become semi-retired at 25. Unless one of our current openers loses form completely, I can't see either Opee or Bidyut making a comeback.

Edited on, July 14, 2005, 8:49 PM GMT, by sunniath.
Old July 14, 2005, 03:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by BangladeshFan
biddut is a very capable opener if he can regain his top form and in his top form he is better than both nafis. he is 30-31 which is not old for a batsman.
Excatly.
Old July 14, 2005, 03:56 PM
Cricket Sage

I think the decision that Biddyut wants to play in the national team again is good news. Whether an inform Biddyut will be a better solution or not (compared with current corps) is a future issue that we may have to deal with in future.

But presently one think is for sure, he will create some more competition for the current openers. And thatís good news to me.