facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 24, 2005, 04:57 PM
Street Cricketer

Default The problem with this forum

Is that it is too true to its name.

I joined this forum and posted a few times. But I have stopped posting entirely, and this will be my last post.
I think the only "foreigners" who are welcomed on this forum are those who say all the right things. Criticism from someone who is not Bangladeshi is absolutely refuted, and the poster attacked in quite a vile manner. This has happened to me; I have been called a "snake" who should be squashed under the foot.

Funnily enough, the moderators went missing on these occasions. It seems they only act up when people like DJ, who as far as I have noticed are extremely well-intentioned and genuinely support Bangladesh, pull off a little joke post; btw, the joke post was absolutely spot on, it sums up the attitude of the majority of the moderators and posters here to a T.

And let me add that from a purely technical point of view, the quality of the cricketing discussion on this forum is extremely poor. Even rec.sport.cricket, which has declined alarmingly over the years, sports far better cricketing material than this place.

Adios.

Old June 24, 2005, 05:04 PM
Cricket Legend

We will miss you.
Good Bye.
Old June 24, 2005, 05:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally posted by babubangla
We will miss you.
Good Bye.
Thats classic!
Old June 24, 2005, 05:10 PM
ODI Cricketer

Dont forget to delete Banglacricket.com from you favorites list...
Old June 24, 2005, 05:19 PM
First Class Cricketer

savyasachai,

one the "quality of discussion point" how do measure it?? are you taking the average?
Old June 24, 2005, 05:21 PM
Street Cricketer

Guys. Be nice. At least savyasachi has a valid point.
Old June 24, 2005, 05:27 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by savyasachi
Is that it is too true to its name.

I joined this forum and posted a few times. But I have stopped posting entirely, and this will be my last post.
I think the only "foreigners" who are welcomed on this forum are those who say all the right things. Criticism from someone who is not Bangladeshi is absolutely refuted, and the poster attacked in quite a vile manner. This has happened to me; I have been called a "snake" who should be squashed under the foot.

Funnily enough, the moderators went missing on these occasions. It seems they only act up when people like DJ, who as far as I have noticed are extremely well-intentioned and genuinely support Bangladesh, pull off a little joke post; btw, the joke post was absolutely spot on, it sums up the attitude of the majority of the moderators and posters here to a T.

And let me add that from a purely technical point of view, the quality of the cricketing discussion on this forum is extremely poor. Even rec.sport.cricket, which has declined alarmingly over the years, sports far better cricketing material than this place.

Adios.
You are absolutely right. You can't criticise them and also If i were you i wouldn't take them seriously.

Anyone can open a forum about Cricket or Bangladesh cricket and become an Administrator or Moderator.

I have read few posts but i don't think posting is worthwhile.

They have the wildest of imaginations like Ashraful scoring the fastest 200. I mean it was very obvious that he wasn;t going to score the fastest 50 or 100 and the mere fact that nobody with far some superior class than Ashraful has been able to score 200 in ODI history is ignored really signifies to the extent they are willing to go.

My point is don't post if you don;t like the level of discussion that takes place.

I found that many still think Tapash is a class bowler. You can't blame the supporters here, even one of the leading Journalist and probably the one one who writes about Bangladesh cricket in cricinfo.com thinks Mashrafe should be picked ahead of Rana Naveed and the mere fact that he wasn;t picked was a deliberate mistake on the part of Gavaskar.

It seems to me that the journalist Rabeed Imam thinks that he knows a thing or two about Cricket than Gavaskar does and after 1 match he thinks Mashrafe is a better bowler than Rana Naveed. While Mashrafe is a very good bowler and probably the only test class bowler they have, he is still not good enough to be in Asian 2nd XI.

I mean Asian teams will beh eavily reliant on spinners. So there would be 5 pace bowling spots for 2 Asian teams.

Shoaib, Sami, Rana Naveed, Irfan, Jaheer Khan and Balaji will still probably get the nod from Asian selecters.

I would want Mashrafe to play instead of Balaji.
Old June 24, 2005, 05:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Quote:
Shoaib, Sami, Rana Naveed, Irfan, Jaheer Khan and Balaji will still probably get the nod from Asian selecters.
Is not Vass an Asian?

How many wickets the RANA got in test cricket so far?

Total wicket(Rana+Sami+Actor) < Total wicket(Vass).

Edited on, June 24, 2005, 10:58 PM GMT, by sports_fan_bd.
Old June 24, 2005, 05:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

well well...an Indo-Pak rejuvenescence when it matters? But seriously, you guys dont have to take all the effort to share your thoughts if dont find this forum worthy. Now just stop whining and leave us in peace.
Old June 24, 2005, 05:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Easy boys, there is obviously some basis behind what he is saying, I'm sure he wouldn't have said it otherwise.

Savyasachi,

You are absolutely right, our site is for Tigers' fans. As you can see I am sure, Tigers's fans come in many forms and nationalities and it is not true at all that we do not tolerate criticism of our team. We have actually taken quite a lot of criticism from our non-Bangladeshi members from time to time. Rob, who has been a regular during this England tour had some pretty harsh words to say about our team after the first Test match at Lord's.

However, the criticism should be fair. If your intention is to mock our team or our players, you cannot expect to make too many friends here. I haven't a clue why you have been termed a snake, but I can assure you that if our members have attacked you personally, thereby breaking forum rules that we enforce quite strictly, all you had to do is to bring it to the notice of a Moderator and the situation would have been dealt with. We have a lot of members and a lot of threads containing hundreds of posts and it is not possible for our moderators to read every word that is written, which is why we offer the option of reporting a post!

As for the quality of this message board, it may not be great all the time but you must appreciate that we have a huge number of posters at the moment and all of them cannot be expected to be cricket gurus. However, I am sure you will agree that at any given time, atleast a few of the threads offer pretty high quality discussion which are worth reading and contributing to.

Edited on, June 24, 2005, 10:47 PM GMT, by Sham.
Old June 24, 2005, 05:40 PM
Test Cricketer

If I had to pick an Asian pace bowling quartet it would be Vaas, Shoaib, Pathan and Zaheer Khan. Between Rana Naved and Mashrafe I would probably pick Mashrafe.
Old June 24, 2005, 05:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by feisal
savyasachai,

one the "quality of discussion point" how do measure it?? are you taking the average?
i had the same thing in mind. most and i mean most of the people who post here talk rubbish. But i must say that there are a few members here who have an intelligent cricketing brain and it is basically for the posts of those members that i read the forums. Thus i disagree with ur statement that the discussions are poor. If u take up the pain of removing al the trash posts and read those intelligent and logical ones, i m sure u'll change ur mind.
Old June 24, 2005, 05:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally posted by wasim_admirer

You are absolutely right. You can't criticise them and also If i were you i wouldn't take them seriously.

Anyone can open a forum about Cricket or Bangladesh cricket and become an Administrator or Moderator.

I have read few posts but i don't think posting is worthwhile.

They have the wildest of imaginations like Ashraful scoring the fastest 200. I mean it was very obvious that he wasn;t going to score the fastest 50 or 100 and the mere fact that nobody with far some superior class than Ashraful has been able to score 200 in ODI history is ignored really signifies to the extent they are willing to go.

My point is don't post if you don;t like the level of discussion that takes place.

I found that many still think Tapash is a class bowler. You can't blame the supporters here, even one of the leading Journalist and probably the one one who writes about Bangladesh cricket in cricinfo.com thinks Mashrafe should be picked ahead of Rana Naveed and the mere fact that he wasn;t picked was a deliberate mistake on the part of Gavaskar.

It seems to me that the journalist Rabeed Imam thinks that he knows a thing or two about Cricket than Gavaskar does and after 1 match he thinks Mashrafe is a better bowler than Rana Naveed. While Mashrafe is a very good bowler and probably the only test class bowler they have, he is still not good enough to be in Asian 2nd XI.
Who says Rabbed has watched one match of Mashrafe? he's followed him for his entire carrer. Mashrafe is a heck of alot better than Rana Naveed
How many matches of mashrafe have you seen? i'll say a handful. He is single handly carrying the Bangladeshi bowling attck by himself w/o no help.

How many bowlers can say that they have taken the wicket of Sachin Tendulkar after coming back form 2 carrer threating Knee injuries. Can you tell me a bowler who has taken the wicket of Ganguly and Gilrchrest on the second ball of the match?

You see here at Banglacricket we take offense to bonehead posts like these. I Make them myself and have been ridiculed lots of times and i'm bengali. If you want proof just look at the archives for a Thread called Ashraful vs Afridi about 4 moths ago.

Edited on, June 24, 2005, 10:49 PM GMT, by cricman.
Old June 24, 2005, 05:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

they are right in their own ways.they look at bd's performance just like the rest of the cricket world.we show more compassion and post biased opinions because it is our team.if you look at india,they still cherish thier world cup win in 1983.it will be same all around the world.both bangladeshi and the foreign members have to understand this fact.

Edited on, June 24, 2005, 10:47 PM GMT, by sunniath.
Old June 24, 2005, 05:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

wasim-admirer,

o please... rana navid..test player?
Old June 24, 2005, 05:49 PM
BC Editorial Team

Well put Sham. We moderators are doing our best but you the posters have to help us out. A few days ago we were being accused of pro-india. Before that we were accused of being pro-atheists. Right now it seems the latest label is anti-India. I figure if everyone has something to gripe about, we must be fairly impartial

As to the quality of posts, I agree, the signal to noise ratio varies greatly. I think there are some good posts - it's just that you have to skim thru the morass to get to them. Alas, this is a function of our growth - I am confident, over time these newer posters will take cue from the older members and start contributing some substance as well as the emotive stuff.

And to ALL our non-BD patrons - you are all most welcome. Your contrarian viewpoints are most welcome. It is true as the newest Test nation and as everyone's punching bag, many of us have developed a bit of a chip on our shoulder but no one here means anyone any ill.
Old June 24, 2005, 05:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Quote:
Originally posted by feisal
wasim-admirer,

o please... rana navid..test player?
It should be Rana Naveed
Old June 24, 2005, 05:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Sensing an Foreign Invasion here!!
We need to open a "Sadhin Bangla Biplobi Thread" immediately to organize the patriotic force to operate a counter-invasion.
Old June 24, 2005, 05:56 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

savyasachi, or dihan, or waseem_admirer whatever your name is its Hadios, not Adios. in Spanish, the "H" is silent most of the time.

this is my sixth sense, have no prove, but i think all of them are same person. my sixth sense usually does not lie.
Old June 24, 2005, 06:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

On a more random note:

Quote:
Originally posted by RazabQ

As to the quality of posts, I agree, the signal to noise ratio varies greatly.
...do you have an economics background by any chance?
Old June 24, 2005, 06:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

savysachi!

ja vaag! eto dukkho korish na.
Old June 24, 2005, 06:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Indo-Pak allies against Tigers! Now thats an achievement i must say. unless agentsmith (rubu) is right about them being the same person.
well i've seen a lot of dumb posts from indians and pakistanis in various forums. there will be dumb, useless threads and posts in every forum. nothing to complain about. We welcome criticism, but we will not welcome mockery.
bye bye savyasachi.
Old June 24, 2005, 07:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

I still wonder what these so-called Indian and pakistani fans doing here.
I am just trying to think about a few reasons here,
1. These guys have too much free time so that they can surf in each and every country's cricket chat room.
2. They don't feel comfortable to stay in chat rooms where they discuss about Ind or Pak cricket.
3. They come in bdcricket board intentionally to make a fuss time to time. I remember this Indian guy who was even proposing BD won the match against AUS because of Pontings worthless captaincy!
I want to make one thing clear though, a few renegade Ind-Pak fans saying whatever they think in this board does not mean all the Ind-Pak fans are like this. Which they definitely are not.
Any positive comment is always welcome but no pointless arguments! And please be respectful of Bangladesh cricket at all times!

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 12:27 AM GMT, by Warlock.
Old June 24, 2005, 07:31 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Piranha
On a more random note:

Quote:
Originally posted by RazabQ

As to the quality of posts, I agree, the signal to noise ratio varies greatly.
...do you have an economics background by any chance?
comp sci & econ in undergrad, then a telco until business school why?
Old June 24, 2005, 07:34 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Warlock
I still wonder what these so-called Indian and pakistani fans doing here.
I am just trying to think about a few reasons here,
1. These guys have too much free time so that they can surf in each and every country's cricket chat room.
2. They don't feel comfortable to stay in chat rooms where they discuss about Ind or Pak cricket.
3. They come in bdcricket board intentionally to make a fuss time to time. I remember this Indian guy who was even proposing BD won the match against AUS because of Pontings worthless captaincy!
Or it could be that they are cricket fans and BD well-wishers. Sometimes, and this is increasingly rare, this board is known to have some pretty thought-provoking cricket discussions. I'll give ppl a topic: do you thin Ashraful should open? ala Shewag, Gilly, or Tendu back in the day? Why? Even in English conditions?