facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 24, 2005, 08:41 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Lee\'s pace

Bangladesh played Shoaib Akhter when playing Worcestershire(don't know if I spelled it right) and they did pretty well. However that one performance doesn't prove that BD are ok against pace and I think Lee can be the one causing the most trouble for BD batsmen tomorrow. What does everyone else think, is Lee the biggest threat tomorrow?

Old June 24, 2005, 08:48 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

it's not just about pace.. his bowling line and length is quite good... but I think BD will cope
Old June 24, 2005, 08:49 PM
BC Editorial Team

Good question. Lee & Shoiab are both express, but the thing that Lee is doing these days is he is bowling a fuller lenght and making the ball get some considerable conventional swing. Shoib on the other hand relies more on reverse swing and varies his lenght - intentionally or due to lack of control - a lot more.

As to our batsmen, I think with Lee, they need to stand a few steps outside the crease - to negate the swing and get their feet on line with the ball so that even if it swings late, they can be in a good position to play the shot. Anything like Tresco, swishing w/o movement of the feet will lead to big trouble.

I see Ashraful, Aftab & Bashar doing ok. Interested to see how Sahriar N handles it.
Old June 24, 2005, 09:25 PM
Street Cricketer

BD already faced lee in Australia... Nothing new...

"Old Villan, New Role"

Old June 25, 2005, 03:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Can anyone dig up the stats against Lee? I'm totally sweating about the game. Hope Ash will greet him with 'Harmi treatment' and put him on defensive.....
Old June 25, 2005, 09:14 AM
Cricket Legend

amader ke lee khai nai, khaise symonds.

what's happening to our batting? we're making matchwinners out o bits-and-pieces bowlers. in our last match, we made a viv richards outta collingwood. this time, we made symonds' bowling look extraordinary. ki kortesi amra?

i feel bad for collingwood though. he's gonna face a lot of viv/botham comparisons through his career (due to this one performance) but i doubt he's gonna be all that. he peaked at a very wrong time in his career... :p
Old June 25, 2005, 02:45 PM
Test Cricketer

our oppositions are taking notes. in future they'll rest their best bowlers and play crappy bowlers against us.
Old June 25, 2005, 03:01 PM
Street Cricketer

I agree with Dhurr. We are playing very badly against ordinary bowlers.... We made Lee look ordinary bowler and made symonds best bowler...

What's wrong man? I can't calculate anymore... We need explaination from our captain Bahser.