facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 25, 2005, 10:27 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer
Default Habibul Bashar is Kufa

I think the captain is in someway a Kufa. I woke up at 8 AM.went straight to check the score in cricinfo.com. Though we loss the toss; I was happy with the score 118/2 something like that. I was happy seeing Ash batting well. I was called for breakfast; and then all the collapse might have started. I came back and saw the dismal show by the captain. Oh! Kufa (CRAP) of a Captain! From then nothing stood in the way for the Aussie attack.
I was also not happy with his comments about Ash. He needs to show resposibility before he can preach.

Old June 25, 2005, 10:34 AM
Street Cricketer

After this tour BD team management need to look into the captaincy issues. Bashar is basically not up to it.
He has no leadership skills. As a man the only thing he is good at is take humilliation on the chin with a smile. He is pathetic and a "micky mouse" of a character.
Old June 25, 2005, 11:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

bangladesh's record since bashar taking over is that they have played 23 matches, with 7 wins and 16 losses. It doesnt look that bad, but i do agree about his lack of leadership skills and its maybe time for change. Who knows, a better captain might bring home a better record than above?!
Old June 25, 2005, 11:54 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Yameen
bangladesh's record since bashar taking over is that they have played 23 matches, with 7 wins and 16 losses. It doesnt look that bad, but i do agree about his lack of leadership skills and its maybe time for change. Who knows, a better captain might bring home a better record than above?!
So we are wanna change the captain just beacuase he is losing the toss consistently??? It is a piece of crap! What do you guys expect from our captain anyway? He is not a magician, the player have to play well. The margin of loss is so bif these days what the f**k the captain can do?? If we wanna find out a topic and wanna talk lets talk about something else, probably Faria Alam or something but let's not talk about changing captain.......IT WONT HELP!!!!

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 4:58 PM GMT, by esteban_loaiza.

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 5:03 PM GMT, by esteban_loaiza.
Old June 25, 2005, 11:56 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

And who do you suggest that 'next' captain might be?

Ashraful? Mashrafee? They're too young to shoulder the burden of captaincy.

Pilot? Javed Omar? They're not exactly playing well at the moment, even by their own standards.
Old June 25, 2005, 12:02 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by kaisermatin
I think the captain is in someway a Kufa. I woke up at 8 AM.went straight to check the score in cricinfo.com. Though we loss the toss; I was happy with the score 118/2 something like that. I was happy seeing Ash batting well. I was called for breakfast; and then all the collapse might have started. I came back and saw the dismal show by the captain. Oh! Kufa (CRAP) of a Captain! From then nothing stood in the way for the Aussie attack.
I was also not happy with his comments about Ash. He needs to show resposibility before he can preach.
There is a lot of way for "kufa katano"....... I remember in Abahoni gallary in Bangabandhu Stadium people used to take off their "lungi" and shake it heavily when Mohamedan or Biman was batting. Believe me it worked sometimes. I'll ask our Bangladeshi friends in England to wear "lungi" to the stadium and shake it heavily when Bashar goes out for toss.

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 5:04 PM GMT, by esteban_loaiza.
Old June 25, 2005, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

look man, ive never seen bashar go upto his bowlers encouraging them and result be 10 wicket hammerings! He is to shy, and i think the only other player that has good leadership qualities is Pilot because he has good interactions with bowlers especially with him being wickie, hes good at shouting out encouragement to fielders to help them be on their toes and he is a middle order batsman which means he can dictate and predict the way the innings is going.
Old June 25, 2005, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

forgot to mention, that all these qualities pilot can add as captain will bring out the best in bangladesh!

i mean sometimes the way bashar gets out hooking shows he is not willing to take on a responsibility!
Old June 25, 2005, 12:34 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
ive never seen bashar go upto his bowlers encouraging them
I've seen Bashar going to Tapash hundreds of times - it didn't work against England when we conceded 391 runs.

Pilot is not exactly being a responsible player in this ODI series, 1 or 2 low scoring innings from Pilot is understandable, but he has been really in poor form since this Natwest series started.
Old June 25, 2005, 01:28 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Some of you guys never really get it!!

Bashar is curretnly the only choice as our captain!! Even I myself have criticized his captaincy at times... but that's as far as we can go!! It's useless to ask for his replacement....coz we simply dont hav any!!

We already have a team with average age belo 24.. and we suer dont need a captain aged below 25!!
Old June 25, 2005, 11:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Yameen
forgot to mention, that all these qualities pilot can add as captain will bring out the best in bangladesh!
Remember WC 2003, Kenya and even Canada. Anyone but Pilot. He may be the best w/k but not a captain at all