facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 25, 2005, 02:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Bashar should watch his words

you may think it's dumb but i think he has a grudge on Ash. Most of you have seen this quote already

Quote:
On another successful innings from Mohammad Ashraful
He has some problems with his but he has been batting well.
I mean look who's talking, Bashar hasn't excactly been scoring runs in this tour and we all know he's a puppet Captain unitl the younger players grow up.

I don't think he said that out of spite, but there's a part of me believes that he has it in for Ashraful.

Old June 25, 2005, 02:10 PM
Street Cricketer

Well, lets not make a mountain out of a mole hill. This might just the slip of a tongue. Everybody in the team should respect each other and co-operate with each other.

Off course there are jealousy among the individual team members (just like our crooked politicians). But this should not destroy the unity within the team.

We have got enough problem as it is the last thing we need is a feud inside the team.
Old June 25, 2005, 02:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

we have a habit of pouncing on somebody or something the moment its spoken or done; we don't even look at the perspective from which the statement was made. I'm sure if you ask Bashar he himself will admit that he's not having a good run, but it is true that Ashraful is our best batsman and we look upto him just like India does to Rahul and Sachin. So what he needs is consistency. So instead of boasting about him- we should rather say "well done chap, there are still areas of improvement"- we should just be satisfied with a 50 from him. He has to carry on and make 100s.
Old June 25, 2005, 02:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Ashraful is showing amazing form lately. But the same time he is extremely lucky to score all those big innings. Remember how Trimlett missed his hatrick? Also, today Ash was caught on a ball that turned out to be a no-ball. I am not holding anything against Ashraful for being so lucky, you always need luck to be successful. But Ash should not rely on his luck so much, and Bashar was probably trying to warn him.

Anyway, it is true that Bashar needs to concentrate on his own batting and leadership skills more than anything else.
Old June 25, 2005, 02:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

TheWatcher, fortune favors the brave. Thats why all the good batsman in the world is lucky.
Old June 25, 2005, 02:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by cracky
TheWatcher, fortune favors the brave.
Well, that is not the case for Ash all the time. He can't hope for two lives every match. If he relys on luck too much, he will always remain as an inconsistent batsman. I hope Ash knows better than that.

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 7:47 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old June 25, 2005, 02:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Yes its personal grudge against Ash.He dont know what he is saying.It was same attitude from him at the presentation ceremoney........... Laughing:::::::::::::::::::: Disgusting & Embracing captaincy! HE should step down.Give Mashud the charge agian.
Old June 25, 2005, 02:50 PM
Banned

Fire Bashar Hell ya! hahahah
just kidding
Old June 25, 2005, 03:33 PM
Banned

he should rather watch his stamps!

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 8:36 PM GMT, by banglar_dorbesh.
Old June 25, 2005, 10:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

Don't get started with the captaincy now, we have other things to work on. And Ash is much more talented than Afridi or Sehwag, he is gonna be the one carrying Bangladeshi batting for a long time like inzamam or Sachin does. So congrats to him on a wonderful tour so far...but at the same time....long way to go man...keep it up!
Old June 26, 2005, 12:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Its good that other team members don't get to say a lot about their captain, otherwise you could really see what impression bashar makes on other better performing players in the team.
Old June 26, 2005, 12:51 AM
Test Cricketer

yes 3 great innins from ashraful in a row is something to be very happy about if your a bangladesh fans. talent wise he is our best batsman. and he has the talent to be a world class batsman. but bashar is still our main batsman. he has been surveing our team alot longer and played many many great innins for our country. i dont think bashar is jealous of ashraful. but for ashraful to be as valuable for the team as bashar is ashraful has to play many more innins like he is doing rightnow. ashrafuls best is better then bashars best i agree. but bashar plays his best alot often then ashraful plays his best.. after that great innins against india people in this forumn started saying he is the best batsman in our team. well after that the same people said to drop him. well ashraful is the most talented batsman in our team but still bashar is more valuable for the team. ashraful still has some way to go to reace bashar.