facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 25, 2005, 09:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default has this tour been a success???

regardless of how we play in the rest of the natwest series, will you say that this tour has been a success?

I say, YES!!!

here is my reasoning:

1) beating Australia
2) ash has really become the player we NEED
3) batsmen beggining to shine (aftab, abir, et al)

Old June 25, 2005, 09:10 PM
First Class Cricketer

come on man...Its been a huge success.Now not many people can point at Bangladesh's abilities as a cricketing nation.Having said that there is still a long way to go ..
Ashraful and Aftab have certainly proved how good they are.
From now on they will certainly improve and many more ODI upsets are to come.As far as test matches are concerned they need to get advice from Rahul Dravid..jst joking.
Mental Abilities not batting talents is reqd for tests..
All the Best Bangladesh for the near future
Old June 25, 2005, 09:42 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

i would not call this a success tour team-wise. Collectively, to have a successful BD tour, a better showing in the Tests was really necessary. Also consistent performance in the ODIs would also indicate that the tour was a collective success.

Instead, several individual performances have come to the surface, winning accolades from many. Aftab's 82 in the 2nd Test and priceless knock in the win against Australia, Ashraful's knocks in the ODIs (except the first one), Mashrafe's bowling, Abir's comeback, Javed's solid presence in the top order are almost all the positives that could be drawn from this tour.

Let's face it, the team hasnt performed collectively and consistently. Rather, those individual feats have been more satisfying.
Old June 25, 2005, 09:46 PM
Cricket Legend

I dont think its been a success as far as the team is concerned. The only reason that we are even mentioning a success is because of the Australia game, take that away and we are not left with much apart from a few individual performances, like Ash's 94 in Trent Bridge or Aftab's 82 in Durham.

So yeah, in terms of how much pleasure that win against the Aussies gave us, its been a decent tour, but from a purely cricketing perspective its been a poor tour. The bowling has been disappointing the whole time, and the batting has been held together by a few individuals here and there rather than a solid top order performance so far!
Old June 25, 2005, 09:48 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

glad to see me and sham are on the same lines.
Old June 25, 2005, 10:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

i actually disagree.

our main problem is top order batting collapse.

this tour we are averaging 200 runs.

and top order has done well in 3 of the 4 matches.

bowling apart from masri was weak, but i think both tapash and nazmul are better than their numbers in england would suggest.

i really think this team is capable of winning 5 ODIs a year. at least. 2 years ago, we were winning 1 every 5 years. thats a turn-around of 25 X (2500 %).

Edited on, June 26, 2005, 3:47 AM GMT, by al Furqaan.
Old June 25, 2005, 10:48 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I vote for "more of a failure than success".

because apart from one BIG win, we have failed to have any kind of competition so far. lost against county sides and 10 wickets loses and 2.15 days test cricket is not really a sucess. i've been happier if they could show any more fighting spirit. but can't say a complete failure either because that one win means a lot.
Old June 25, 2005, 11:31 PM
Cricket Legend

This is the toughest tour Bangladesh team have ever bean to, even tougher than Australia tour where they had the luxury of playing on "drop-on" pitch. The current national team together with coming A-team will make the future core of Bangladesh team. This tour in long turn will turn out to be a very important turning point in the careers of our players, thus making a big impact on our future in cricket. So, I voted yes, this tour is a success.
Old June 26, 2005, 07:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Tresco on BD

Bangladesh have actually played some good cricket in this tournament, rather better than they managed in the Tests. Mohammad Ashraful has been magnificent - at least up until yesterday's first baller. But in general we have dominated them all summer, thanks partly to the consistent stands I have been able to put on with Andrew Strauss.

Clearly I have enjoyed playing against Bangladesh. Apparently, there have been some observers who felt I enjoyed it too much when celebrating my hundred at Lord's. To that, I would reply that it was still Test cricket and my first century at Lord's. You have to make the most of these things.

UK Telegraph
Old June 26, 2005, 07:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Hope we can put a good show on Thursday, Tour's been good i'd say. The future seems very bright (It seems we say that after every tour) but this time i actually mean it. Ash, Aftab The other Nafees, and Rahim in the tour matches. We've done things in this tour i thoght we'd never see(both good and bad) .

150/2 @ the 25 over vs England
Monster partnership of Ash and Bashar.
Watching Ashraful and Aftab grow up.
And offcourse Beating Australia
Old June 26, 2005, 08:25 PM

I feel disappointed in term of loosing concentration in the middle of the game, after having a good start couple of time. Nothing wrong loosing against England or Australia, but in last two match, we just fall down by ourselves just because of our inability in concentration and determination, which caused us huge defeat. We were in the edge of loosing the match within 2 days in test, which is more disappointing. In ODI's we even failed to play through 50 overs, and we are facing sudden collapse repeatedly, which is an old disease of this team.

Having said that we had some positive individual performance, and moreover we can play against pace bowlers of England and Australia. And also couple of time we have shown that we can target a score of 250 against England and Australia in ODI, which seems promising in future.
Old June 26, 2005, 08:25 PM
Test Cricketer

No! By a long margin it was a failure. Two wins in a toor cannot be called a success. But does it raise the hope that success is around the corner? May be not but it is certainly not far away. We played some good enough stretches to beat some lesser teams. On the other hand, we also strugled against some weak county teams. Its a mixed bag. But bag is mostly full of failures.
Old June 27, 2005, 05:06 AM
First Class Cricketer

I wud have only considered it a huge succes if we cud overlook the 2 matches in which the opponent won by 10 wickets....
takin everything into account itz more of success than failure