facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 26, 2005, 05:36 AM
Banned

Default We need to use the first 15 overs better

javed is playing test cricket. Yes its important to have wickets in hand but we need to use the fielding restrict better otherwise we will never be abale to score a decent total

Edited on, June 26, 2005, 10:53 AM GMT, by Lovely_cr.

Old June 26, 2005, 05:42 AM
Club Cricketer

dont talk rubish mate!!
u score decent total by playing whole 50 over.
not by slogging and lossing wicket.
Old June 26, 2005, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

see...javed's doing a good job. however, i'd like him to open up more and score quicker when he's set. i don't want him to be gavaskar's son.

but when our other openers are crap and inconsistent, we shouldn't be complaining so much
Old June 26, 2005, 02:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

I totally agree with Asif, Our starting is just fine. We scored almost 4.5 run rate on first 15 overs even today. The problem is only after 15 overs, we are really slow at that period. JO need to speed up after he is set. My recommendation is:

first 8 overs don't lose any wicket, no matter how many runs come . Then between 8 to 15 over speed up RR and try to make the score around 60. Then keep scoring 4/5 runs per over by singles and odd bounday until 40 overs. Then slog.

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
see...javed's doing a good job. however, i'd like him to open up more and score quicker when he's set. i don't want him to be gavaskar's son.

but when our other openers are crap and inconsistent, we shouldn't be complaining so much
Old June 26, 2005, 02:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Lovely_cr
javed is playing test cricket. Yes its important to have wickets in hand but we need to use the fielding restrict better otherwise we will never be abale to score a decent total

Edited on, June 26, 2005, 10:53 AM GMT, by Lovely_cr.
I thaught we made very good use of the first 15 overs. You can't expect our batsmen to score like Gilchrist, Jayasuria or Sehwag. We simply do not have the talent. Playing with what we have, I thought the first 15 overs were our best session.
Old June 26, 2005, 03:55 PM
Test Cricketer

So far, we have done good job regarding the 1st 15 overs. But as already have said....our problem is after that. After the fielding restrictions gone, and or there is a change in Bowling, we lose pair of wickets, e.g., from 80-90/2 in 16 overs we just become 90/4. Suddenly the batsmen get into the shell, run rate falls down, few or no singles, presure mounts and wicket tumbles. ...... I believe, we will be able to solve these problems when our individual performances will be consistent in near future.
Old June 26, 2005, 04:00 PM
Test Cricketer

...........that is get defensive when 2/3 wicket fall in chunk, get the riskfreesingles for a while, after that come out of the defensive shell. This is one area we have to learn, I believe. Adjust with what the conditions of the game need. It is the resultant of experience. We definitely have to improve that part.
Old June 26, 2005, 09:17 PM
Test Cricketer

It has been accepted widely that Jo's job is to accumulate runs. It is the job of others around him to play strokes that they are so popular about. Shahriar Nafees, Ashraful, Bashar, Aftab are all natural stroke players, sometimes even too irrational or impatient. It is they who have failed yesterday not JO.
Old June 26, 2005, 10:31 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by BanglaCool
It has been accepted widely that Jo's job is to accumulate runs. It is the job of others around him to play strokes that they are so popular about. Shahriar Nafees, Ashraful, Bashar, Aftab are all natural stroke players, sometimes even too irrational or impatient. It is they who have failed yesterday not JO.
Well said. I agree 100%.