facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 29, 2005, 12:52 PM
Club Cricketer

Default We need youngsters who improve with age, not just a youngster.

We need to have young talented cricketers who improve with age. It is too crowded already and it would be a mess if we dont quarantine them from the international cricket.

Yes! we are the youngest cricket nation, so not many options are available. However, there should be a national ranking system available to keep track of the maturity of the batsman or bowler. For example, have they been consistent or have shown maturity or do they have the desire to carry on for atleast few years of service.

I think few players have showed off big signs of "improves with age" philosophy. They are

1) Mashrafee (I think this kid not only wants to play cricket for the fun of it, he is extremely professional)

2) Aftab (short time but he is much more matured now, and def .improving with age)

3)Ashraful (Paying off now)

Not improving with age, going down:

1) Rajin
2) Taposh
3) Tushar
4) Nafis Iqbal

We just gotta spot those who have that capability or put him through 2-3 years quarantine of domestic or league level contests.

Old June 29, 2005, 01:39 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Bin Mortaza

I think we should keep playing Rajin, Taposh, Tushar and Nafis Iqbal for the time being. And we should give our young promising player a chance in our A team, B team, development squad, under 19, under 17 etc. At least have them play for 2/3 years in these teams and go to defferent countries before they come to play for National team. We don't want to repeat what happended to our young promising pacer Rajib in England tour this summer.
Old June 29, 2005, 04:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Right_Way
there should be a national ranking system available to keep track of the maturity of the batsman or bowler. For example, have they been consistent or have shown maturity or do they have the desire to carry on for atleast few years of service.
....interesting idea.
Old June 29, 2005, 07:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

I think they always keep track of who is playing good and who is not. I think thats how they found out about all these yougstars in the team. what we need is to play them in the team as long as possible. we change our team a lot. like in everyother game we have different eleven. we should maintain somesort of consitency if not in first eleven then it should be in first 14.
Old June 29, 2005, 10:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

there is some consistancy there now... but still we should wait before we give a youngster chance to play test or odi.... they should atleast play 2-3 yrs of domestic cricket... rajib didnt play any sort of domestic cricket....same thing goes with musfiq.... it cant go on like dat...
Old June 29, 2005, 10:45 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

i think this thread revolves around a great topic. Significant and very relevant for BD cricket.

Quote:
Originally posted by Right_Way
Not improving with age, going down:
1) Rajin
2) Taposh
3) Tushar
4) Nafis Iqbal
finally someone has pointed out Nafees' name in this category. Yes, he was previously known to be a crowd-pleasing batsman, and he has now changed his style to an extended level. But,

he certainly hasnt lived upto his potential in this Natwest Series, and it certainly is NOT the time to dump him. Its true that him and Javed together hasn't triggered any collapse in the top order, and have produced a few solid and effective start to the innings (not necessarily productive ones), but the lack of big scores from Nafees does not bode quite well for him. Dont know what was the reason behind this (lack of maturity ? bad luck ?? incapability even ???) But as much as I believe that he is stil a fixture in the national team for some time to come, I also feel that this youngster better pick it up from the coming series against SL, otherwise he might end up being another chap to face the wrath of the BD selectors.

As for Tushar, this guy has had starts in a couple of games, but failed to convert them to 50s and beyond. A first-down batsman can't get out like he has been after making starts against top-quality bowling. On an individual level, his dismissal against Aus in that historical match is a good example of what I am trying to say. With Aftab at no. 3., Tushar's ideal position in the order sould be no. 6. If he doesnt fit there, he can go play tape-ball cricket and be the hero there.
Old June 30, 2005, 07:49 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Bin Mortaza

Nicely said by MasterBlaster:

With Aftab at no. 3., Tushar's ideal position in the order sould be no. 6. If he doesnt fit there, he can go play tape-ball cricket and be the hero there.