facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 26, 2005, 01:33 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Playing Aftab at no.6 is a real waste of Talent!

This is something I am disturbed about since the start of the tour. Aftab is the kind of player who has huge potential and must be put to use while the game is in good pace. But throughout the test and ODI series (except for the 2nd innings of the 2nd test) he has been pushed far down the order wherase we have been playing struggling batsmen (Bashar himslef is among them) at 3/4/5 positions.

The result has been that whenever aftab came to bat, the team was struggling and he had to reserve himself a type of batting which he is not suitable for. This over-defensive demand of the situations got him struggling and we completely failed to take advantage of his in-form abilities (which he showed perfectly in last test).

IMO... Bashar/Tushar should realy have been paying at 5 & 6 no. wheras we really should have played Ash+Aftab at no. 3 & 4... that would only have given BD a real good pace at the middle of the innings which we needed so much!

Old June 26, 2005, 01:40 PM
Cricket Legend

selectors already wanted to put aftab at 3. but mr. bashar has decided against it.:bald:
Old June 26, 2005, 01:56 PM
Cricket Legend

i dont think Aftab is ready for no. 3. He is still trying to master one day batting. Its too early.
Old June 26, 2005, 02:24 PM
Banned

If tusar can then no doubt Aftab can too.
Old June 26, 2005, 02:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by oracle
i dont think Aftab is ready for no. 3. He is still trying to master one day batting. Its too early.
jar baro te hoi na tar bahannoteo hoi na. look at JO. he is still trying to learn how to play ODI

as for too young, many young players started to play and succeed in ODIs even earlier than aftab.

Edited on, June 26, 2005, 7:32 PM GMT, by BangladeshFan.
Old June 26, 2005, 02:33 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Maybe our team management thinks that our batting line-up is good enough to waste someone like Aftab at #6
Old June 26, 2005, 02:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Aftab's weakness against the slow stuff and his efficiency againt fast bowlers sort of makes him an automatic choice for #3 or #4. I think Bashar should go down the order. Not because I think he's not good enough but I think he can make better use of the middle or late overs.
Old June 26, 2005, 03:06 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rubel, Ashraful, Tamim

Aftab will be suitable at number 3. He can play pacer better than spinner.
Old June 26, 2005, 03:14 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally posted by BangladeshFan
selectors already wanted to put aftab at 3. but mr. bashar has decided against it.:bald:
are you serious or are you kidding ? if you are serious, whats your source of information ?

Aftab should be playing at number 3, and if Bashar himself is against that, then he is making a huge mistake. Tushar's batting is more suited for number 6, while Aftab plays quickies better than spinners. I dont think the team management has realised that yet.
Old June 26, 2005, 03:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Sack Bashar!Enough is Enough!
Old June 26, 2005, 03:50 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally posted by oracle
I'm sorry this makes no sense at all!
Old June 26, 2005, 03:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

number 6 also is a challenging and imp position... we in fact, lack a useful number 6 too...

in the long run, it will help Aftab to go up... no one doubts that eventually he will go up there..

will also depend on what happens to his test postion.. i guess bashar may well come down at 5.. so that number 3 is also open..
Old June 26, 2005, 04:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterBlaster
Quote:
are you serious or are you kidding ? if you are serious, whats your source of information ?

Aftab should be playing at number 3, and if Bashar himself is against that, then he is making a huge mistake. Tushar's batting is more suited for number 6, while Aftab plays quickies better than spinners. I dont think the team management has realised that yet.
the sky sports commntators were saying that. i forgot the names. though the team management decided that aftab to come at 3 but suddenly bashar changed it and decide that tushar should remain at 3.
Old June 26, 2005, 05:17 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Quote:
jar baro te hoi na tar bahannoteo hoi na. look at JO. he is still trying to learn how to play ODI

Did you really take a swipe at JO ? Oh My God.
BD played 50 overs thanks to this guy. He took 150 balls but without those 150 balls and the 81 runs, BD would have managed another 139 allout in about 40 overs. JO isn't Ashraful and he DOES NOT have to be one. If you think scoring 81 runs against England is an easy fit, you are more then welcome to walk up to BCB and demand they pick you for the national team. We'll see how you do.

Apart from this post, I noticed a lot of unsubstantiated posts from you. Please remember to mention your source whenever possible - even if it's something you heard from Sky Sports.
Old June 26, 2005, 05:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Tehsin
Quote:

Did you really take a swipe at JO ? Oh My God.
BD played 50 overs thanks to this guy. He took 150 balls but without those 150 balls and the 81 runs, BD would have managed another 139 allout in about 40 overs. JO isn't Ashraful and he DOES NOT have to be one. If you think scoring 81 runs against England is an easy fit, you are more then welcome to walk up to BCB and demand they pick you for the national team. We'll see how you do.

Apart from this post, I noticed a lot of unsubstantiated posts from you. Please remember to mention your source whenever possible - even if it's something you heard from Sky Sports.
81 runs from 150 balls. and u r thanking him for playing 50 overs. it is this sort of mentality which will take bd back. besides i never claimed i can play better than that, since u r claiming that can u cite the sources ??

mentioning sources....... am i writing some research paper or what?:P

Edited on, June 26, 2005, 10:48 PM GMT, by BangladeshFan.