facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 30, 2005, 10:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Default One step at a time

Bangladesh used to be a crap side, but Bashar could bat a bit, and Rafique was useful.

Then came the game against Australia in Cairns.

After that, Bangladesh were a crap side, but they showed heart, and Bashar could bat a bit, and Masrafee and Rafique were both useful.

Then came the game agianst the West Indies at St Lucia.

After that, Bangladesh were a crap side, but they showed heart, and Bashar could bat a bit, and the tail could wag, and Mashud's a good keeper-batsman, and Masrafee and Rafique were both useful.

Then came the Test against India in Chittagong.

After that, Bangladesh were a crap side, but they showed heart, and Bashar could bat a bit, and that Ashraful kid has talent, and the tail could wag, and Mashud's a good keeper-batsman, and Masrafee and Rafique were both useful.

Then came the Test series win against Zimbabwe.

After that, Bangladesh were a crap side, but they showed heart, and Bashar could bat a bit, and that Ashraful kid had talent, and the tail could wag, and Mashud's a good keeper-batsman, and Masrafee and Rafique were both useful, and that Haque Jr kid could bowl on the right sort of pitch.

Then came the tour of England.

After that, Bangladesh were a crap side, and if you take it easy against them they can beat you, because Bashar can bat a bit, and that Ashraful kid can destroy you, and that Nafees kid has talent, and that Aftab kid has talent, and the tail can wag, and Mashud's a good keeper-batsman, and Masrafee and Rafique were both useful, and that Haque Jr kid can bowl you out on the right sort of pitch.

Give it another good tour, and it'll be ...

Bangladesh are an inconsistent side, and if you take it easy against them they can beat you, and if they're on their day they can beat you, because Bashar can bat a bit, and that Ashraful kid can destroy you, and that Nafees kid has talent, and that Aftab kid has talent, and the tail can wag, and Mashud's a good keeper-batsman, and Masrafee and Rafique were both useful, and that Shahadat kid can rip through the top of the order and that Haque Jr kid can bowl you out on the right sort of pitch.

Ian Whitchurch

Old June 30, 2005, 11:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Great portrayal of the evolution of our team, IanW! I'm impressed!

I liked the "...and that Shahadat kid can rip through the top of the order ..." part......
Old June 30, 2005, 11:07 PM
Street Cricketer

Then come the World Cup 2011

Ashraful holding the Worldcup
Old June 30, 2005, 11:10 PM
Cricket Legend

somehow i don't think shahadat is going to surpass mashrafee just yet - he first needs to get a place on the team. we need a couple of tall pacers to come through on a permanent basis.

anyway i nominate this for the front page - there hasn't been anything new there in weeks!
Old July 1, 2005, 02:07 AM
Administrator

Ian's post is now a front page article.
Old July 1, 2005, 06:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Shahadat should be sent o MRF pace foundation and then Inshallah he will destroy the Batting line up of ny team with ease.....and he can be a very good partner for Mashrafee....
Old July 1, 2005, 01:22 PM
Cricket Legend

i liked the last bit the most.
"that Shahadat kid can rip through the top of the order and that Haque Jr kid can bowl you out on the right sort of pitch."

he will have the right sort of pitch in SL, but he will come up against batsmen who are good players of spin. lets see what he can do.
Old July 1, 2005, 10:57 PM
Test Cricketer

i'd love to see shahadat ripping through top order of opposition. he has a bright future. he needs some guidance and experience. i'm sure he'll do great in england with A team.
Old July 2, 2005, 12:53 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Nice work IW.
Once again I am flattered by your support for our team!
Old July 2, 2005, 08:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Ian..... you are one hell of a Tiger fan . Thanks a lot buddy. I really hope.. bangladesh oneday actually turns out to be someting like that. Great article indeed.
Old July 2, 2005, 09:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Never mind your highly-appreciated support for the tigers, that was one very interesting and very unique (in a very positive way) article. Almost like poetry.

PS: hope the prediction about shahadat hossain rajib becomes true, coz we really need a genuine fast bowler who has masrafe's variation.
Old July 2, 2005, 07:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Warning : forensic rhetoric follows

Aosaif,

Yeah, it does read pretty well, and I built it that way.

The key is the repeated hard-soft iambic pattern, added to the repitition of the key phrases, plus the odd piece of alliteration ("Bashar can bat a bit").

If you analyse the natural speech pattern of English, it's hard-soft-hard-soft ("NEV-er IN the HIStory OF huMAN conFLICT have SO man-Y ow-ED so MUCH to SO few").

Reptition of key phrases is another key.

Also, diminutives can be more powerful than superlatives ... "Ashralful's Ton : It was a magnifient innings by Ashraful, who played stupendous shots on his was to his hundred ball century" works.

But "Ashraful's Ton : It was another workmanlike performance by Ashraful, who played the sort of shots we've learned to expect on his way to another regulation hundred ball century" is better.

Ian

Edited on, July 3, 2005, 12:51 AM GMT, by IanW.