facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 1, 2005, 09:05 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Javed was out...we batted well

The match against Australia proves that Javed Omar does more harm to the team than good. Because all those balls that he usually wastes were not wasted, the rest of the team had enough balls to play and make a good total. Also now that we have Shahriar Nafees performing as an opener, the selectors should definitely not select him for future ODI matches.

Old July 1, 2005, 09:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

Javed shoul not be selected for odi's from now.
Old July 1, 2005, 09:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quite a number of people here suggested this a long time ago that Javed should play in the test matches only. I don't know how long Nafis Iqbal's bad patch will continue, hopefully not too long. Nafis and Abir should make a very good ODI pair. Abir is a freeflowing elegant lefty strokeplayer, and Nafis provides the stability without eating up too many deliveries. What worries me most about Nafis is his minimal footwork and the stubborn refusal to get out of the pitch. It's almost painful at times to see him fish at deliveries outside the off-stump. I hope he is rectifying his technical problems and will be back with good results.
Old July 1, 2005, 02:37 PM
Test Cricketer

With all the respect (and also my limitations in knowledge in technical terms) towards the two-Nafis/Nafees, I will just add that both of them have the tendency to fish-and-flash at bowls just leaving the off stumps by miles, edging behind.

Considering Dave's comments on our inability to stay at the crease and habbit of losing wickets in pairs, we really need JO in ODIs too as long as we cannot get rid of these disease of giving away wicket in chunks. And offcourse JO has to amend himself to rotate striking...... after 1st 15 overs. Please note that BD in this series have made good use of the 1st 15 overs (considering our standard). However, JO wasted most of the overs between 20/21 to 29/30....which are very crucial for taking singles by rotating the strikes. Since consistency is a great problem in our team, JO should not be dispensed until other opener shows that.
Old July 1, 2005, 02:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Well..

Guys, i think its due to Nafees Iqbal's technique, he is not being able to perform.

We saw how he struggled in England against those rising balls....

Actually, his minimum footwork often lets him down in his defence and also that....we all know how imp if footwork in cricket....Abir is successful coz of his technique...his feet moves nicely ....it did bring him suceess .....

Lets pray that Nafees iqbal doesnt continue in bad patch any more and Inshallah open with Abir in ODI vs SL.

We definetly cant have Gullu nymore....

I think if Gullu concentrates just on Test he will play better cricket....We see justin langer often playing gud cricket just bcoz he always concentrates in that field of cricket...Justin langer though is just an avg guy if his talent is concerned....we know he mostly gets out in spin..

so..lets hope gullu does the same..
Old July 2, 2005, 04:16 AM
Cricket Legend

i agree with lance there, javed should be bd's langer. the emergence of left handed abir makes bd batting look much stronger. he and iqbal should open in ODIs.
Old July 2, 2005, 08:47 AM
Test Cricketer

"Javed Omar, Bangladesh's Mr Consistent, also enjoyed a summer to be proud of, while Habibul Bashar, the captain, recovered eventually from his felling at Hove, and played an important role in the victory over Australia"

Andrew Miller, Cricinfo

We need some one to be there when our brittle top order crumbles. Sometime we will pay the price by conceeding to many dot balls by Belim or somebody like him. But I would like to see BD much rather bat out 50 overs with less than satisfactory strike rate then 35 overs with high strike rate. This just the prescription until our batsmen learn art and science of shot selection.