facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 12, 2005, 10:23 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Posting Big Totals

The main problem with bangladesh cricket has been not been able to post decent totals.Especially in the test arena it is very unlikely one can win test matches by scoring 170--,270 odd runs........350 plus is always a good competitive score if followed by determined , consistent bowling and aggressive fielding.More than one batsmen has to click if they are to post such huge scores....the huge total automatically puts pressure on the opposition...If you take in the case of Test Match against India...only Ashraful scored that fantastic century n others failed to make a mark....If somebody else had stood n played firmly in the second innings..they cud hve made a match of tht....Therefore....Posting decent totals are necessary in BD Test cricket
Old July 13, 2005, 02:15 AM
First Class Cricketer

Old July 13, 2005, 02:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Okay, I understand and evryone knows that we need to post big total.. but what is the new things in your message??
Old July 13, 2005, 02:38 AM
First Class Cricketer

i was jst hoping fr some body to reply something....u r my gurus...i m a beginner in banglacricket forum..so ws thinking it wud be good to brng out some topic...anyway thnk u guys fr atleast responding
Old July 13, 2005, 04:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Posting a big total is important for any team. For BD.. this is the biggest problem and Really hope oneday.. BD will be able to post some decent score more in regular basis. BTW.. welcome to BC forum and share your views with us.
Old July 13, 2005, 08:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

First of all welcome.

Back to the topic.
Obviosly you need a big total to win test matches. Every one knows that. but what do you want us to respond about.
Old July 13, 2005, 10:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by abu_akif
Okay, I understand and evryone knows that we need to post big total.. but what is the new things in your message??
he meant posting a big total in this thread!!
(i mean a huuuuuge number of posts)
Old July 13, 2005, 11:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

banindfan

Our problem in test matches start with consistently posting small first innings total. That is the biggest problem. Everybody knows that if you put on a good first innings total, you are always within a chance to win or at least draw a match. Small scores will also put your bowlers on the back foot, as is the case with us most often. We usually manage to put better second innigs effort, but, by then we are staring at a innings defeat. Our first challenge in test matches should be to try to put together a total close to 400 or more. You can at least fight with that score and prolong the length of the match. 250 ish scores are easily overhauled by the opponents in two and half sessions. To me that is the main area for BD to concentrate on in test matches. Post a decent first innings total.
Old July 13, 2005, 11:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Interesting name: banindfan

So I suppose you are an Indian who is the fan of Bangladesh and cricket?

Great welcome!
Old July 13, 2005, 12:15 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Posting Big total is not the problem. In fact its a very generalized statement that does not say anything.

if you go one step ahead with your statement, its like saying, "not winning is the reason bangladesh is not winning".

instead, you have to break down the reasons why we are not able to post big totals. for example, unability to face new ball, unability to score quickly during the fielding restriction, lacking consistancy among key players and many more things. if you can break down those reason and figure out the key points why that is happening, we might find something new.
Old July 13, 2005, 12:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Let's go easy on Banindfan. His posting was not that out of line!

Cricket is game of inches (millimeter?). It entirely possible (in does happen) that a good batsman gets out playing a very bad ball. But if you have a set of consistent batsmen then a few will score big runs despite this statistical inevitability. The main reason we lack consistency is that we have a very young team. Look at how AG got back his form in England. His experience showed through brilliantly in the last ODI.

We also need to stick with a set of player for long period of time. We give up on then too quickly. We need to have them play at variable conditions. That means a lot A-type encounters.
Old July 13, 2005, 02:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by dawah.tabligh
Interesting name: banindfan

So I suppose you are an Indian who is the fan of Bangladesh and cricket?

Great welcome!
i guess thats his personal business.
Old July 13, 2005, 07:59 PM
First Class Cricketer

ok lets move and have some guess..
This coming Srilanka tour, Bangladesh will show excellent performance. Last England tour, they beat us withing 2 days and we hope it will not happen in Srilanka. We can make it atleasy 4 days and hope we could avoid innings defeat. sounds good

Edited on, July 14, 2005, 1:00 AM GMT, by r56hg.