facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 21, 2005, 03:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Default what bd misses

today i was watching the final overs in the day of Aus vs Eng with some people who dont have any interest in cricket i.e. in a canteen and merely watching as the tv was showing it. It was lee steaming in and had Giles in all sorts of bother , and finally dismissing him. charged atmosphere and all on a sudden crowd was very interested in this game. people who dont even understand cricket loves to watch it when shoaib or lee comes in.

I was thinking of the gingerly pace of mashrafi/anwar hossain against these england batsmen and i can now understand why england crowd was so lack of interest when bangladesh played. 80 mph , no seam or bounce and england batsmen was playing them almost with eyes closed.
Old July 21, 2005, 04:07 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Amader deshe hobe shei chhele kobe
Ek shoto mile tar ball e goti hobe!
Old July 21, 2005, 05:06 PM
Test Cricketer

yo bangladeshfan, if i were you i wouldn't rate masri so lowly. trust me when i say this, he troubled the best of their batsmen.
Old July 21, 2005, 05:32 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Mashree is good, but still doesn't have the ability to rip apart a Test/ODI batting line-up single-handedly. Better support from the other end would help him, but there's nobody in our stock who is nearly as good as him.
Old July 21, 2005, 07:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Bangladeshfan,

That might be true.

But it was the barely-above fast medium of Glenn McGrath, bowling immaculate line and length (and when I say immaculate, think twenty balls at a time plus or minus a bat width) that had Giles out there with less than a hundred on the board.

Ian Whitchurch
Old July 22, 2005, 12:10 AM
Test Cricketer

It takes a lot of time to prroduce fast bowler of class of Lee or Shoaib, Mcgrath. It took nearly 15 years for SL to produce Vaas. So..no need to get upset about this and just wait for few years. Given the interest of cricket in BD.. I am sure.. we will have atleast one highly quality fast bowler within next 5 years. We just need to be patient and should play with what we have.
Old July 22, 2005, 02:02 AM
Test Cricketer

I just have read Imran Khan's 'All Round View'. Old book, but a good one to understand a fast bowlers thoughts and feelings on he game.

He said, 23 or 24 is the minimum age for a bowlers to be seen as a potential pacer. So wait guys, Masree will stand up when he is fully ready.
Old July 22, 2005, 02:32 AM
Test Cricketer

BD misses the batsmen like "Tushar Imran" who doesn't get a big score but gets 30+ in every match in very quick time . That's what it important in odi .
Old July 22, 2005, 09:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Without having fast bowlers it is still not impossible to put pressure on the opponent. Bangladesh should try to play to hteir strength instead of trying to 2nd guess conditions. Saying that, right now Bangladesh should focus on playing Enamul Jr., Rafique, Mashrafee all the time regardless of pitch condition, moisture etc. Until we have two more fast bowlers we should stick to this strategy.
Old July 22, 2005, 10:13 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally posted by ReckmyBack
BD misses the batsmen like "Tushar Imran" who doesn't get a big score but gets 30+ in every match in very quick time . That's what it important in odi .
LOL, Have a L99k

btw, if tushar imran is what we need most in odi then, "kaski mas" is what we need most in test.
Old July 22, 2005, 11:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

When a reeling team recover from 72 for seven to 232. try to enforce a result by blasting 171 in 20.1 overs & still win with a big margin of 130 runs ,u can't help but thinking about what their opponents are made of,how intense their winning desire AND why they still r lagging behind the kenyan & zibabweans in international recognition(ranking).

We got all the talents, exposures, infrastructures like the srilankans to be a major force to reckon,alas we're missing only one simple(& most vital) ingredient in our team's mind setup..that is the Winning Desire..the sheer determinations of doing well against all odds.
Old July 23, 2005, 01:14 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by abu_akif
I just have read Imran Khan's 'All Round View'. Old book, but a good one to understand a fast bowlers thoughts and feelings on he game.

He said, 23 or 24 is the minimum age for a bowlers to be seen as a potential pacer. So wait guys, Masree will stand up when he is fully ready.
Are we absolutely sure that Mortaza is not 23/24 already?
Old July 23, 2005, 03:08 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by mwrkhan
Are we absolutely sure that Mortaza is not 23/24 already?
I'm quite confident that he's 22
Old July 23, 2005, 04:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Mashrafee needs support from the other end.

I was very impressed with him when he was playing recently in England, he bowled very well but unfortunatly for him the likes of Tapash, Nazmul and Shahadat were being smashed all over the park from the other end, so Masri couldn't really build much pressure on the batsmen.

I am sure he would have much more wickets in both forms of cricket if the other Bangladesh seamers were as good as he is. He is a great bowler.
Old July 24, 2005, 12:45 AM

I agree with Rob. Mashrafee is in deed a great bowler.
Just give him few more years and pray for him not to get another injury!
Old July 24, 2005, 06:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubu
Quote:
Originally posted by ReckmyBack
LOL, Have a L99k

btw, if tushar imran is what we need most in odi then, "kaski mas" is what we need most in test.

Don't forget his latest innings against Glouscester ....... 119 .........
Old July 24, 2005, 07:41 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Take the A-team matches and practice matches, as just like that: A-team and practice matches. its only the actual national matches that counts. from alamgir kabir to al-shahriar we had so many practice match bullies that its now does not even make a difference whether we get another of them or not.