facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 24, 2005, 10:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Batting at No3 Position in Test Cricket

Especially after watching the Ashes my primary feeling is that "The Batsmen with the most Solid Defense technique should play in no3 position" in Test cricket.Vaughan is a very good batsmen but he is attacking and his defense is poor.(Exception Australia-because of the depth in Batting). Dravid is undoubtedly the Best No3 Batsmen in World Cricket because of his fantastic defense technique and his ability to play on any pitch and any bowler.(Averages 64 away from Home)
England and a lot other teams should find a batsmen who would certainly fit into that postion who could be a potential match winner and a match saver.

Edited on, July 25, 2005, 3:24 AM GMT, by banindfan.
Old July 24, 2005, 10:28 PM
Street Cricketer

i agree, i think that's almost the most important possition and the No 3 need to stay in wicket for some time to make a good score. but at the same time he need to score and have moderate strike rate or other wise the runs will move too slow and hence small score
Old July 25, 2005, 05:21 PM
Street Cricketer

yeah ......England needs to solidify their batting order in the middle ..include some opener in place of Bell and Strauss should be at 3 Vaughn 4
Old July 26, 2005, 03:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

England just made the biggest blunder by dropping Thorpe ! some one who can really hold one end up !
Old July 26, 2005, 06:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally posted by Padosan
England just made the biggest blunder by dropping Thorpe ! some one who can really hold one end up !
Well I wished that Thorpe wasnt retired. After this performance he was surly going to get a recall.
Old July 27, 2005, 03:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally posted by banindfan
Especially after watching the Ashes my primary feeling is that "The Batsmen with the most Solid Defense technique should play in no3 position" in Test cricket.Vaughan is a very good batsmen but he is attacking and his defense is poor.(Exception Australia-because of the depth in Batting). Dravid is undoubtedly the Best No3 Batsmen in World Cricket because of his fantastic defense technique and his ability to play on any pitch and any bowler.(Averages 64 away from Home)
England and a lot other teams should find a batsmen who would certainly fit into that postion who could be a potential match winner and a match saver.

Edited on, July 25, 2005, 3:24 AM GMT, by banindfan.
You are right to a certain extent. No doubt that no.3 is the most vital position in cricket and should have a player who has the best defensive technique in the team. But, at the same time, that batsman must have the ability to attack as well or in other words, he has to score. He should be equally at ease against spin or pace. I agree, Rahul Dravid is the best no.3 in world cricket right now.
Old July 27, 2005, 04:36 PM
Cricket Legend

rahul dravid is not just best number 3, i think he is the best test batsman around. about the most imp position in a team, i think it is the opener who is most important not number 3.
Old July 28, 2005, 12:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

Bashar is Bangladesh's best No 3
Old July 29, 2005, 02:21 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

The two positions that we are still in trouble with for BD squad are no.3 and no.6

Openers- Nafis, S.Nafees, JO
3. Tushar Imran? Rajin? ... none doing well
4. Ashraful
5. Bashar (he's doing better down the order)
6. Aftab (we are playing him at 6.. but he probably will do better up the ofder)
7. Pilot (shudn't he be promoted to no.6?)
8-11. Tailenders: Rafiq,Tapash,Masree.... etc.

In short, We don't really have a suitable no. 3 in our team now. Aftab shud be up the order.. but not surely at no.3 in test cricket.

Then could it be this?

3-Bashar
4-Ash
5-Aftab
6-Pilot
Then the rest...

Edited on, July 29, 2005, 7:24 AM GMT, by Ahmed_B.
Old July 29, 2005, 06:41 AM
First Class Cricketer

ahmed.........a perfect....middle order
openers a worry

Edited on, July 29, 2005, 11:48 AM GMT, by banindfan.