facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 7, 2005, 08:01 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Seen Shahriar Nafees against Durham & Surrey today!

Bravo! Shahriar Nafees! Keep going like this! But at 147 runs out made all of us sad, eventhough 20x4, 1x6, SR: 110.53 are simply great!
Today I have found you another ASHRAFUL is coming to the Team!
I guess he has the perfect ingedients to become an International Superstar!
Develop him as the next Imran Khan or Saurav Ganguly or Steve Waugh or Vaughan or Stefen Fleeming!
Surely he is the perfect selection as Tushar Imran is!
Thanks Selection Committee of BCB!

Edited on, August 12, 2005, 5:46 PM GMT, by sleeping_giant.

Old August 7, 2005, 08:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Ashraful+Aftab Ahmed+Shariar Nafees+Nazimuddin=

Bangladesh future batting side will be amazing!

(and you can add wk Mushfiqur Rahim and bowlers Mashrafee+Syed Rasel+Shahadat+Nazimul+Enamul... for a very competitive team)
Old August 7, 2005, 08:40 AM

Great job as a captain of Bangladesh A team. Bangladesh cricket has tasted something today, which never did before. Hope this will be a new turning point for our young players. Great job from all of them, especially from Shahariar Nafees, Tushar Imran and Syed Rasel, and hope other will join them. So disappointing with Alok, seems this guy never work when it's needed.
Old August 7, 2005, 09:17 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

I hope he is not another Rokon. FYI, Rokon scored a 170+ against Namibia before 2003 World Cup.
Old August 7, 2005, 09:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by sleeping_giant

Bravo! Shahriar Nafees! Keep going like this! But at 147

Develop him as the next Imran Khan or Saurav Ganguly or Steve Waugh or Vaughan or Stefen Fleeming!

Reason: spell [/i]
I don't want to see him like "Danguly..."
Old August 7, 2005, 09:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Ibrahim
There isn't much difference between Imran Khan, Ganguly or Steve Waugh. All of them were very influential, arrogant and had a big mouth.
Old August 7, 2005, 11:19 AM
Cricket Legend

I am just annoyed BD "A" is playing aginst debutant 3rd stringers such as the ones offered up by Durham today. And it's even more ridiculous for BC fans to go and and over this. Shahriar's 147 was great and much needed, but I'd rather they had left in a few more first-rate players while giving their youngsters a go.
Old August 7, 2005, 02:16 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by rafiq
I am just annoyed BD "A" is playing aginst debutant 3rd stringers such as the ones offered up by Durham today. And it's even more ridiculous for BC fans to go and and over this. Shahriar's 147 was great and much needed, but I'd rather they had left in a few more first-rate players while giving their youngsters a go.
Yes, considering the fact what 'rafiq' wanted to bring in focus, there was not any reason to cheers up using , and .
But, I believe he is not the person who is not willing to express his appreciation! Mostly, the appreciateion was there, claps were there, but he refused to use the 'title' of appreciate the Bangla Boys as the Durhum used 3 debutant for them today!
Anyway, the victory is there, and any victory is a tonic and inspiration for next victory as per comments of Dave Whatmore! Its good news, we are now trying to win now, and if Shahriar Nafees felt down like Alok Kapali today with 0, and if we can have the score against Durham like 152 (deducting 147 of Shahriar Nafees), then I am sure the BC Fan will not use those; , , and .
Simply saying, these kind of joy(s) and victory(s) are much needed for our youngstars for their next exploration to the International Old Giants!! And, we always feel to cheer them up, and for that reason one victory is must! But, tell me is 10 victory against our jersey make us happy! If not, beating Durham by 86 runs against their 3 debutants cause much happiness among the BC Fans!!
It is also mentioned, we have come accrosed many unfamiliar cricketing nation by ICC Trophy in Malaysia just few years back, I do not know what is the International Grade for Papua New Gunea, UAE!!?? This Durham is surely a class name, and whatever the debutant numbers are playing for them, our National Flag Carriers must get our huge cheers and bips............. Keep going on, Boys!
Old August 7, 2005, 03:10 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player

yes u may find some wickest link for Durham now. And its because BD-A won. But remember, Durham is one of the counted county team in England. And surely they wont let anoyone like "Chacha / Iqbal" to play for their team. So u must agree that all the player(debutant) that played today are must be higly qualified.

I don't care who we play with. If we win, we will find the wick part for the oponent. But if we lose, People will find the strong part of the other team.

So I give cheers..for our players.....no matter who they win against.
Old August 7, 2005, 06:06 PM
Cricket Sage

]

Whether the opponent is 3rd stringers or not, a win is a win and its always great to get the taste of a win than a loss.

Therefore great job Boyz !!!!!
Old August 7, 2005, 07:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
There isn't much difference between Imran Khan, Ganguly or Steve Waugh. All of them were very influential, arrogant and had a big mouth.
Agreed! But, only two out of the three backed up their big mounths with world cup trophies for their countries...
Old August 7, 2005, 08:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by reinausagi
Quote:
Agreed! But, only two out of the three backed up their big mounths with world cup trophies for their countries...
Ganguly was almost there. Getting into final was a quite big achievement, especially since they never had a balanced ODI side.
Old August 7, 2005, 09:05 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Quote:
I tried hard to stay away from replying to nonsense like those above, but alas! It just is too much to ignore sometimes. Now, WHAT ON EARTH is wrong with having Ganguly as an idol ? HE is the reason why India has been considered (arguably) as the 2nd best team after Australia for quite some time, atleast in the Test arena. HIS career is full of many masterclass performances. 10,000 runs and 33 hundreds werent all flukes. If you have to bash Ganguly, go do it in some Indian-cricket related forum or go to International Cricket section of BC.

Just dont do it in threads where a Bangladeshi youngster is being praised for his performance. Heck, a waste of a post on my part.
Old August 7, 2005, 09:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Shahriar Nafees is so valuable! Imagine having our very own Left and Right hand opening pair. He carries a lot of responsibility on his shoulders and I hope he fulfills all our dreams.
Old August 7, 2005, 11:36 PM
First Class Cricketer

i don find anything to b excited about his performance against a 2nd string durham lineup. he's expected to do so, since he has an excelent knock against the best bowling lineup. i hope he keeps doing such performance. he really needs to get some runs in the 3day matches. i personally think he should wait for another 2 yrs for a test cap. to b honest, i expected better performance from him in this tour. BCB should try to send BD A to england every year. thus atleast some of our players will get real 1st class taste. we all know wt sort of 1st class cricket we play at home.
Old August 7, 2005, 11:56 PM

I agree with oracle. Shahriar Nafees is going to be an asset for BD cricket soon. All the best...
Old August 8, 2005, 12:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

First.. Durham ( or any othe county teams) are not that stupid to soil their reputation by just selecting the ball-boy from their team to play. If they are,, then they are really stupid. Because you are letting the tigers taste blood,, and that becomes irreversable.

Shahrier has the talents ( to play different shots) but he needs consistensy. One thing that dissapointed me the most for the BDA tour is,, other than SK Rasel and Tusher none has been consistent. Alok is pretty much becoming a weak shadow of himself. Sahin, Nazim, Shahada, Nafis Iqbal, are igniting here and there but not on a roll to win matches.

Well given that,,, I will take 2 finds for the national team than none..
Old August 8, 2005, 12:33 AM
Test Cricketer

do you guys remember which idoits said that bangladesh team would lose to county sides? i believe it was ian botham. well i wonder what he has to say about our a-team beating their county sides.
Old August 8, 2005, 03:02 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by shaoun
do you guys remember which idoits said that bangladesh team would lose to county sides? i believe it was ian botham. well i wonder what he has to say about our a-team beating their county sides.

hahahaha

lol

Old August 8, 2005, 08:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Nothing to see , we have "Tushar Imran" , "Nafis Iqbal" made hundred in that tour as well before "Shahriar Nafees" we have so many good players now .
Old August 8, 2005, 09:00 AM
Test Cricketer

What about Nazimuddin and Rasel?

I checked for info on Nazimuddin on this site and cricinfo but I could not find much, apart from a great performance in a Chittagong division match; yesterday he had this shocking spell vs Durham:
Nazimuddin c & b Harmison 28 6 7 2 3
28 runs out of seven balls (5 big hits out of 7 balls!!!)
is amazing, was it just "once-in-a-lifetime" good luck?
Or is he really a talented batsman?

Rasel has had a quite consistent performance in this tour and he's a very young medium-fast, could he be a top class player to join Mashrafee in next future bowling attack?
Old August 8, 2005, 09:15 AM
BC Editorial Team

Is 147 the highest score in a List A match by a Bangladeshi ? The previous highest seems to be 145 notout by Chacha

http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Sc...11/a11021.html

The Mahmud-Abedin stand is still the List A world record for the fifth wicket.
Old August 8, 2005, 09:15 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Xavier

I checked for info on Nazimuddin on this site and cricinfo but I could not find much, apart from a great performance in a Chittagong division match; yesterday he had this shocking spell vs Durham:

Rasel has had a quite consistent performance in this tour and he's a very young medium-fast, could he be a top class player to join Mashrafee in next future bowling attack?
There is no doubt Nazimuddin, rasel are the Future National Team Player, but from now the base of entrance to National Team should be consistant good performance in National Cricket League, we have now enough players to play in first XI and there is no need to select a fresh face from young blood, make them polished and get them prepared playing longer version innings at Local & Overseas different tournaments, and after the 'genuine vacant' of Bashar, Masud, Chacha bring the genuine performer, and doing this we can take time, no problem!
But if there is any Real Sachin or Real Wasim, give him chance with priority basis!
Old August 8, 2005, 09:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally posted by Xavier

Nazimudding thought he was Ashraful and the bowler was The real S. Harmison (not Harmison's Brother)

He had two 6s, three 4s and one 2. No dot ball. Classic slogging at the end of the game with wickets on hand.

I think most people are taking the 147 as something more than what it is. Please go to the scorecard of the game and click each bowlers name at the bottom of the page. You'll see that the bowlers were really nothing. The quality of Tushar's first century was almost test class. Certainly better than scoring a c entury in West Indies or Zimbabwe. Check out the bowlers in that game. Tusher's second century was against bowlers a little below that. Durham's bowlers were really way below those. Well, they were much better than Namibia's (Rokon's 177).

In this game both Tusher and Nazimuddin were out trying to slog. I wonder how Alok was out. This out has the potential to kill his career. At least set it back quite a bit. His confidence must be shattered.

Congratulations Shahriar Nafis.
Old August 8, 2005, 09:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by sleeping_giant
Quote:
Originally posted by rafiq
I am just annoyed BD "A" is playing aginst debutant 3rd stringers such as the ones offered up by Durham today. And it's even more ridiculous for BC fans to go and and over this...... .
Yes, considering the fact what 'rafiq' wanted to bring in focus, there was not any reason to cheers up using , and .
But, ...he is not the person who is not willing to express his appreciation! Mostly, the appreciateion was there, claps were there, but he refused to use the 'title' of appreciate the Bangla Boys as the Durhum used 3 debutant for them today!
...., then I am sure the BC Fan will not use those; , , and .
Simply saying, these kind of joy(s) and victory(s) are much needed for our youngstars for their next exploration to the International Old Giants!! And, we always feel to cheer them up, and for that reason one victory is must! But, tell me is 10 victory against our jersey make us happy! If not, beating Durham by 86 runs against their 3 debutants cause much happiness among the BC Fans!!
............. Keep going on, Boys!

just thinking about ...How Much Is Too Much.