facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 8, 2005, 10:26 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Bangladesh came a long way ahead Zim

Have you seen the result today, Out twice agains a NZ team at home. 59 and 99 all out!!!
I thank Allah for the progress we have made in last three years that this has never happened to us and I can not think it would ever happen to our beloved team.

Old August 8, 2005, 10:33 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Zimbabwe started strong and since then started losing talented players due to economical and political problems and grew weaker with time. They are really not test level anymore.

Bangladesh on the other hand, started weak and slowly becoming stronger.
Old August 8, 2005, 10:37 AM
Street Cricketer

Bangladesh on the other hand, started weak and slowly becoming stronger. [/quote]

Slow and steady wins the race.

Unlike the Zims, we have great support from the fans and also the government. We are rising while the Zims seem to fall like a rock.
Old August 8, 2005, 10:40 AM
Cricket Legend

This never happened to us.
Should we feel relieved by this?

It sounds weird, but we are now deeply related to Zimbabwe. Any bad performance by Zimbabwe or Bangladesh will hurt each other. This unwanted "relation" can not be broken until we start putting up good fights in test matches regularly. We never lost a match in 2 days and may be this will "never" (!!) happen to us. We lose test matches in 3-days on almost every series. Avoiding 2-day defeats and then dumped by other teams inside 3-days will not earn us any respect and we should not feel relieved by seeing Zimbabwe doing worse than us. This 2-day defeat will hurt the image of Zimbabwe and as well as of Bangladesh. We are on the same boat. If it sinks, we both go down.
Old August 8, 2005, 10:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

Seeing my country moving up the table is the happiest thing ever. but I feel sory as well 4 the poor ZIM as a cricket lover. Personaly, i believe they sud hav given a bit of rest (temporary ban frm test) to regroup themselves.
Old August 8, 2005, 10:45 AM
Administrator

I am not so sure that Bangladesh is in the same boat as Zimbabwe. Specially after beating Australia, the attack on Bangladesh has dropped big time. I only sw 3-4 people still trying to say Bangladesh should not play tests.

Zimbabwe on the other hand, has a dark future and I am myself questioning if they should play test cricket.
Old August 8, 2005, 10:51 AM
Cricket Legend

I wonder why they dropped the attack on Bangladesh. Inclusion of Bangladesh in One-day matches was not the issue. Bangladeshs performance in tests raised all the questions. It's good that the critic attacks on Bangladesh have slowed down after beating Australia in ODI. But it should not be the case. We still suck the same in longer version game. ODI performance should not be taken as a performance indicator in test matches.

Edited on, August 8, 2005, 3:51 PM GMT, by babubangla.
Old August 8, 2005, 10:51 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

This is the first match they are playing with their seniors back.... and they seem to be in big disarray. Lets hope they re-collect themselves and do better in future. Otherwise, when fingers will be pointed at the ZIMs... same might happen to us as well. Lets not forget, Bangladesh still has not been consistantly convincing in Test Level, even though they have impressed in ODIs.
Old August 8, 2005, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by babubangla
I wonder why they dropped the attack on Bangladesh. Inclusion of Bangladesh in One-day matches was not the issue. Bangladeshs performance in tests raised all the questions. It's good that the critic attacks on Bangladesh have slowed down after beating Australia in ODI. But it should not be the case. We still suck the same in longer version game. ODI performance should not be taken as a performance indicator in test matches.

Edited on, August 8, 2005, 3:51 PM GMT, by babubangla.
You may have missed the thread about the relationship between ODI and tests. Its a good thread that discuss why and how it matters/does no matter. See if you can search it. Its a good read.
Old August 8, 2005, 10:55 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
It's good that the critic attacks on Bangladesh have slowed down after beating Australia in ODI. But it should not be the case.
I am not sure I get you. Are you suggesting that the critics should continue?
Old August 8, 2005, 11:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahmed_B
Quote:
It's good that the critic attacks on Bangladesh have slowed down after beating Australia in ODI. But it should not be the case.
I am not sure I get you. Are you suggesting that the critics should continue?
I hate criticism when it is a biased criticism.
We have seen some biased criticism against us. But some of them are true and was a result of our bad performance in test.

Yes, the unbiased critics should continue and we should stop them by performance. I think we all hate to defend our selves with words like "We have fans" and "We have prospects" while we should be defending ourselves by performance.

Edited on, August 8, 2005, 4:07 PM GMT, by babubangla.
Old August 8, 2005, 11:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Mahmood
I am not so sure that Bangladesh is in the same boat as Zimbabwe.
I hope you are right.
But we will find this out in coming weeks.
There will certainly be talks going on over this humiliating Zimbabwean defeat. I am sure Critics are sharpening their pencils. If we see the attacks are directed to Zimbabwe alone, I'll be convinced that we are certainly not on the same boat. But if we feel the shells coming on to us along with Zimbabwe, we are certainly on the same boat. I said we are on the same boat because one team's failure initiates attacks on the other too.

God, I am feeling a bond of brotherhood with the Zimbabweans.
Old August 8, 2005, 11:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

i agree with babubanla, i win against Aus can't change everything. some of our critics may have stoped for a while. but i think they r waiting for our next test series. we will still share the same boat with zimbos even if we play reasonably well in three test series in a row. it alz takes time to get rid of the dark marks. besides i don believe BD already have come a long way ahead of zimbos. i m not so sure wheather we r any better then the current zim team. i m not being pesimistic or something. but we need to understand we played a much worse Zim team in January then this one.
Old August 8, 2005, 11:58 AM
BC Editorial Team

It's so funny. All of us saw the Zim result and our 1st thought was for the BD team. It _is_ sad what's happening to Zim. They can still be good. They just need a little time and the country really needs Mugabe to die. Someone more rational can then help address the black vs. white issues and that in turn will bring back harmony to the team. I am surprised tho that Taibu was not able to dig deep.

As to the discussion here, I agree, as long as Zim keeps suffering, we are hurt by association. For BD's sake we need a strong vibrant Zim team - if for nothing than at least to validate our win vs. them
Old August 8, 2005, 12:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

I thought every country is counted separately,,, since when did Zimbabwe become Bangladesh's siamese twins? Thats outright bogus....

If anything else, Zimbabwe proves how Bangladesh cricket has improved contrary to theirs, essentially proving the point that Bangladesh is a test side with talent, sponsors, fans etc.

Non-sensical and futile discussion of coupling Bangladesh and Zimbabwe for 2 level test tier has died long time back... Unless both the countries consistently displays lack of improvements, fights,sponsors, fanbase,,, the discussion is very unlikely to resurface in the next few years. So don't start panicking ( atleast in this case) when the neighbours house is on fire.
Old August 8, 2005, 12:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

Why India is now afraid to host BD? Because they will lose big time. And they know it., very well. BD is strong from playing England and Australia in England. We should fight all the way with Sri Lanka. At least a draw in a test will put us in good position and a one day win against the Lankans. TiGERS need to ROAR!
Old August 8, 2005, 12:55 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by sufism
i win against Aus can't change everything.
Maybe not everything... but still it changes a lot. You can really count it as a significant step forward if u believe in 'one step at a time' theory rather than overnight revival.

Observation about the nature and impact of the Cricisms by some analysts
This is my personal observation about all the criticisms that bubble around us all the time taking us to the edge of our patience. As I have seen, there are all sorts of criticismls in all sorts of media.... print-electronic-web... everywhere. Some are done in ruthless manner... some are admirably objective in nature. Constructive criticism always helps someone with an inner vision. But I have found all the negative things to ultimately have lesser effects on the decisions by the ICC itself. That central body of cricket is not a one man show and it has a lot to think about Cricket's Globalization rather than being just snobbish. in the last one and a half years or so.. we have survived , possibly, 3-4 ICC evaluation meetings and that we have done through some convincing performance and not via mercy. And yes.. I don't really think that success in ODI's doesn't mean anythng in Tests.

I am hopefull about Tests also. I don't think it will be too far away when BD will start turning around and put up convincing shows in the longer version of the game also.

Let the harsh critics continue... they have always been there and they will.
Old August 8, 2005, 01:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

It sounds weird, but we are now deeply related to Zimbabwe. Any bad performance by Zimbabwe or Bangladesh will hurt each other. This unwanted "relation" can not be broken until we start putting up good fights in test matches regularly. We never lost a match in 2 days and may be this will "never" (!!) happen to us. We lose test matches in 3-days on almost every series. Avoiding 2-day defeats and then dumped by other teams inside 3-days will not earn us any respect and we should not feel relieved by seeing Zimbabwe doing worse than us. This 2-day defeat will hurt the image of Zimbabwe and as well as of Bangladesh. We are on the same boat. If it sinks, we both go down.
I completely agree with you. If Mr. Boycott and co start talking against ZIM (and they will), they will bring bangladesh in conversation. I wanted ZIM to give a fight against NZ. I was reading bulletin of cricinfo, that one day two times all out happened to India too, 1952.
Old August 8, 2005, 02:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Guys, please support Zimbabwean cricket. I feel so sorry for them. Commiserations to Zimbabwe
Old August 10, 2005, 08:24 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

i agree with quite lot of u guys...

we n zimbos are associated,not by choice but by default. if the zims keep on playin like these, i bet the loudmouths would waste no time in jumping to criticizing again. and while they do that..they are definite to bring bangladesh into the mess, irrespective to our likeness and sensitivity.

And if they DO talk about the 2 tier system all over again, which they would given the chance, they are not gonna start a second tier with only zims on it, chances are they'll try thier level best to put bangladesh into it as well.

Not only the Zims really need to get thier acts together and put up a decent fight, we also need to play some good TEST crickt in SL, or else, its gonna be the same old story ova n ova again, and the ppl would start talking.

All the best luck to the Zimbabweans, thier cricket team and fans. feel really bad for the fans esp, cuz of all ppl, we at least understand what it feels to be on the firing squad almost every other day.

Good Luck guys !
Old August 10, 2005, 12:00 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

I feel sorry for the Zimbos. The only reason is this will bring criticism and Bangladesh will be on the agenda along with the Zimbos. Even the zimbos started supporting the two tier system with the top eight in the first tier and the newly qualified one day squads along with the A-team of the two strongest teams in the second tier. I hope i am wrong but we are sadly on the same boat.
Old August 12, 2005, 07:21 AM
ODI Cricketer

These links are interesting. All about Zimbabwe beating countries like Australia, Sri Lanka and England.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/cricke...?oneclick=true

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/2...8/07hdline.htm

http://dreamcricket.com/dreamcricket.../natwest_2.asp

Note: I am not quite sure if these are the best links to give. Anyway, all of you know that Zimbabwe has beaten Australia, Sri Lanka, South Africa, India etc. and that is the point I want to make.

True enough, they are having a rough time now due to politics hitting their cricket but they are sure to bounce back. The white players who have got back are obviously rusty and do not have match practice at test level.

Bangladeshis were incensed at the suggestion of being removed from test cricket; so would Zimbabweans now. It is sad to see a Bangladeshi (of all) hinting of Zimbabwe being removed from test cricket !! A bit hilarious too.

Yes, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe do make a pair like another post here says. A lot of commonalities. You should stick together and shoo away those who cry for your blood.

As a Sri Lankan, I think both Bangladesh and Zimbabwe deserve to be in the test arena. Hope Kenya too would get there soon.

May Zimbabwe and Bangladesh glitter at the highest level of cricket.

Quote:
I am not so sure that Bangladesh is in the same boat as Zimbabwe. Specially after beating Australia, the attack on Bangladesh has dropped big time. I only sw 3-4 people still trying to say Bangladesh should not play tests.

Zimbabwe on the other hand, has a dark future and I am myself questioning if they should play test cricket.
Edited on, August 12, 2005, 12:24 PM GMT, by abherath.

Edited on, August 12, 2005, 12:25 PM GMT, by abherath.

Edited on, August 12, 2005, 1:11 PM GMT, by abherath.
Old August 12, 2005, 07:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

Absolutely right !!

Quote:
Originally posted by sadhat
Quote:

I completely agree with you. If Mr. Boycott and co start talking against ZIM (and they will), they will bring bangladesh in conversation. I wanted ZIM to give a fight against NZ. I was reading bulletin of cricinfo, that one day two times all out happened to India too, 1952.
Old August 12, 2005, 07:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Let me remind you that Bangladeshis were incensed at the suggestion of being removed from test cricket; so would Zimbabweans now.

It is quite strange :duh: to see a Bangladeshi (of all people) even hinting of Zimbabwe's unsuitability to play test cricket !!

Zimbabwe will bounce back and let us all support them. The cricket world needs them too, to be complete.

Good show by Bangladesh in England. We welcome you to Sri Lanka !!!

Quote:
Edited on, August 12, 2005, 12:42 PM GMT, by abherath.
Old August 12, 2005, 07:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by israr
Guys, please support Zimbabwean cricket. I feel so sorry for them. Commiserations to Zimbabwe