facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 13, 2005, 03:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Default should gillespie be given so many chance?

i have been watching gillespie getting hammered since bangladesh played them a month and a half ago....he has been out of form for so long, and he keeps on getting chances after chances....

kasprowick had more sucess than him (hailing a 4 wicket or was it 5?)....they have nathan bracken, macgiill..

its not like aussies dont have a reserve of quality players with them....can some one explain this ridiculous policy to me??

Old August 13, 2005, 05:10 AM
Cricket Legend

I agree, ustralia is supposed to have a selction policy devoid of any sympathy, and strictly based on performances as we saw with them dropping Waugh previously.
Gillespie is getting more than what he deserves IMO
Old August 13, 2005, 09:12 AM
First Class Cricketer

I think Gillespie should be given break and others like tait or McGill should be given chance to play the next test.
Old August 13, 2005, 04:05 PM
Cricket Legend

i am surprised that there is no mcgill in the side and they are playing an out of form gillespie. old trafford is traditionally spinners wicket and famous for warne ball of the century. having warne and mcgill operating at the same time would have given england batsmen no respite.

it was truly foolish from australian thinktank, also i think they are missing the steal of waugh brothers.
Old August 14, 2005, 09:51 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by BangladeshFan
.....old trafford is traditionally spinners wicket and famous for warne ball of the century. having warne and mcgill operating at the same time would have given england batsmen no respite.
Old trafford maybe a spinners wicket, but before the match the pitch looked flat and hard. So both teams went with pace attack which they are now ruing. Even Vaughan yesterday was looking dangerous with his gentle offspins.

Tony Greig thinks that the way Ponting was using Gillespie (he was reluctant to use him until his other bowlers got tired), in the next test Gillespie may be dropped. Gillespie certainly was miserable. The big screen showed his fumbles over and over again. They kept showing his face on the big screen. He was hammered by Strauss and Bell. They showed side by side how he lost his zip since his haydays from 2001.

Shaun Tait/Stuart Clarke is waiting in the wings. I think that Gillespie's journey may have come to an end. if he is dropped in the next test, that would mark the end of his test career (if not his entire career), just like inclusion of Pieterson ended Thorpe's career. The aussie selectors cant go with Gillespie anymore, regardless of his batting heroics. He is there to bowl and get wickets. if he cant do that then he puts the other three bowlers into trouble and puts the whole gameplan in jeopardy.
Old August 15, 2005, 02:54 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Jonty Rhodes

i dont actually think bowlers get out of form only think dat makes the down is the way their opp bats!!
in case od gillespie he has done brilliant 4 aus n now 4 just removing him 4 the squad would mean 2 remove an experienced playa!
i agree bringing mcgill would b betta biut it wont do any gud coz according to me he doesnt have control over his bowl!
n dat would mean eng winning half the match!
as we all know aus wins half the matches b4 cricket and dat includes the likes of gillespie n mcgrath dat makes them confident!
Old August 15, 2005, 02:56 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Jonty Rhodes

so guyz according 2 me gillespie must b given a chance!!

i'd like if sum1 would reply my post!
Old August 15, 2005, 02:30 PM
Street Cricketer

he shuolud pack his bag now .there are less chances that he may play in the next test ....i think casper will be back in the side ....wat abt Simon Katich?? he became Flintoff's bunny in last two matches
Old August 16, 2005, 12:15 AM
First Class Cricketer

I think enough chance for gillipsie and Hayden. They should try some guys like Tait, Braddin, McGill. At least give them a chance in the 4th ashes. Gillipsie and Hayden have been inconsistent for a long time. So why not give others a chance.
Old August 16, 2005, 01:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

form is temporary but class is permanent.
jason gillespie- 69 tests 251 wickets averaging 26.61
matt hayden- 70 tests 5868 runs at 51.92.

the stats speak for themselves. both of them are proven performers and matchwinners. while there is a definate case of replacing gillespie with Kasper, Hayden at this point is irreplacable. and at old trafford hayden was actually looking like rediscovering his touch. i am sure a big one is just around the corner.

Edited on, August 17, 2005, 8:27 AM GMT, by roaring tigerz.
Old August 16, 2005, 04:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

People like Gillespie, I feel should be given an alternative of getting dual citizenship. That would create a win win situation for Gillespie and test playing nations, such as Bangladesh. People like Gavin Hamilton, or that Australian dude who played for Canada are great examples of what one country's reject is another country's asset.
Old August 16, 2005, 04:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Gillespie's glory days are gone. As great as his performance was in the past he has finished up all his lifelines. 3 wickets in 3 test just does not cut it. Especially only 4 overs in the 2nd innings. They will not let him pack bags yet incase of injury. We will not see him if Mcgrath, Lee and Casper are fit.

Hayden he stays. All the way till the end even if he gets 2 ducks in next 4 innings.