facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 22, 2005, 03:17 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Regardless who comes to power, nobody would dare to eliminate these "jihadis", because if they touch those "jihadis'" hair then they will get labled as "anti-islamic" government. And it's needless to say that general people doesn't want to see an "anti-islamic" government.

BNP needs "dari-tupi votes" (according to an Islami oikkojot member) to stay in power, and AL doesn't want to reduce their sit count to single digit.
Old August 22, 2005, 03:22 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by ekatturerBangalee
This is absolutely shocking. I know many members still have a hard time to accept the grave situation in our beloved country. Are we heading towards a 'religious' civil war?
The talk of civil war in Bangladesh is nothing but illmotivated and can not be further from the reality.

First of all, what do you think drives a country towards a civil war. We dont even have a idealogical difference in our country. most people are moderate Muslims and our country thrive on that. If bangladesh is on the verge of "civil war" would you say India( with 6/7 states fighting for separation), Pakistan ( active fundamentalists) are also fightting civil war. I bet Indian and pakistani government would disagree.

If you are the kind patriot you would like people to believe then try to take a stance like most people are doing. Dont try to ruin your countries image by smear campaign.
Old August 22, 2005, 03:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

"...Army intelligence nab ex-DG of Islamic Foundation at ZIA. JMB threatens direct action against Govt..."

http://www.bangladeshobserveronline....8/23/front.htm
Old August 22, 2005, 03:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Dream theater
.........If you are the kind patriot you would like people to believe then try to take a stance like most people are doing. Dont try to ruin your countries image by smear campaign.
If we are Bangladeshis then we should confine ourselves to events in BD, as we are neither Indians nor Pakistanis we can't be bothered by what their governments do or don't do.

I agree that image is important but being willfully oblivious to what is going on will do nothing for our country's image in the long run. For once, let's stop being in denial.

Exposing the cancer of militant Islamic fundamentalism that has reared it's head (but perhaps has not taken root just yet) in BD is as good a stance as any self respecting Bangladeshi can take. This hardly amounts to a "smear" campaign.

And please, no homilies on patriotism.
Old August 22, 2005, 04:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
If you are the kind patriot you would like people to believe then try to take a stance like most people are doing. Dont try to ruin your countries image by smear campaign.
Dream theater, I am not running any campaign and no need to have any theatrical comments here. Just look around. All the journalists are now awake and Bangladeshi Newspapers are buzzing with 'REAL INFORMATION".

I just visited your website (bdsdf.com) and surprised to see so many posts on India bashing (p.s. I don't care for India but my country) and even folks at bdsdf.com are going ga-ga over the comments of Nizami:

"...Matiur Rahman Nizami, Ameer of Jamaat-e-Islami Bangladesh, a partner of the alliance government, at a press conference on Saturday blamed two foreign intelligence agencies – Israeli Mosad and Indian RAW – for serial bomb attacks of August 17..."

If that is not smear campaign, I don't know what it is.

Govt embarrassed at Nizami''s comment:
http://www.newstoday-bd.com/frontpag...8/23/2005#5977

Edited on, August 22, 2005, 9:30 PM GMT, by ekatturerBangalee.
Old August 22, 2005, 04:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
[i]As the same way we are also unable to surround JI or IIJ office demanding their responsibility and commitment to our constitution and security. In that sense, we may need hundreds of thousands of "passionate whiteguy" in this regard.

One of the reason we ( vast majority of people ) lost our powers, is because of our inactivnes in politics and because of our foolish mindset. For example, some people still believe seriously that we need student politics, whereas we lost the control and power of student politics, couple of decades ago ( to the political party ).

Now the a big question is, how this vast majority of people can properly and meaningfully get active with politics. We should find the way sooner than later.
I still think that what appears to be a simplistic idea of creating a law to mandate that every Bengali MUST attend school to grade 8 would change everything.

If any expats ever organize 1000's of you to go to Bangladesh to protest and spread the idea, I'll be sure to be on a plane with you. Maybe they will listen to a white guy. Maybe, they will stone him.
After university I plan to start an organization for promoting mandatory secualr education in every Nation in the world. I see this as the answer to the end of violence. Perhaps some of you will want to join.

I'm off to the Ferries for my honemoon. I am not allowed near a computer. So you are rid of me with these post.

Ahoj = Bye in Czech!
Old August 22, 2005, 04:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Yea hide them as much as you can for the sake of the country. Hide them under the blanket as much as you can. Just ignore the problem and pretend nothing is wrong. And just hope and pray, one day all the problems will be suddenly vanished.

And in the mean time whoever raises their voice, shut them down with "Bush-ism" ( Iraq war and the use of patriotism card). I hate those wistle blowers..... they are all trouble maker.

..... now I am brain washed. Can I go?

Edited on, August 22, 2005, 10:15 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old August 22, 2005, 10:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Quote:
This is absolutely shocking. I know many members still have a hard time to accept the grave situation in our beloved country. Are we heading towards a 'religious' civil war?
The talk of civil war in Bangladesh is nothing but illmotivated and can not be further from the reality.

First of all, what do you think drives a country towards a civil war. We dont even have a idealogical difference in our country. most people are moderate Muslims and our country thrive on that. If bangladesh is on the verge of "civil war" would you say India( with 6/7 states fighting for separation), Pakistan ( active fundamentalists) are also fightting civil war. I bet Indian and pakistani government would disagree.

I am so happy to see DreamTheater post here - why hide behind the tiny walls of the Strategic Defense frontier - come out in the open and claim to be a better patriot than everyone else! About the bomb blasts, do you think the Indians and their Ahmadiya agents did it?
Old August 22, 2005, 10:56 PM
Cricket Legend

In the early 90s, Egypt was facing a similar kind of problem. However, the govt came down very strongly on fundamentalists after some tourists were attacked.

Also, the mainstream religious schools openly condemned and gave fatwas against fundamentalists. Initially, they did have some public support, but once they started attacking civilians in their dream for islamic rule, the population turned against them.

But what about Bangladesh, are 99% of the populace against such indiscriminate attacks? What do mainstream Mullahs and religious parties think of such attacks? Why dont they give fatwas against such lunatics?
Old August 23, 2005, 07:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Banglatiger84
But what about Bangladesh, are 99% of the populace against such indiscriminate attacks? What do mainstream Mullahs and religious parties think of such attacks? Why dont they give fatwas against such lunatics?
Well said Banglatiger84!

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. We are a democratic country, our government is democratically elected and yet, there is ‘no say’ by opposition party. It happened during rule of BNP (1991-1995), Awami League (1995-2000) and now BNP (2001- ). Instead of balanced politics, opposition always blames the ruling party, always ready to stir the pot and vice versa.

Now, the abuse of power in the name of democracy is the painful and yet important topic that we need to debate. We are a nation of Muslim majority and yet our Muslim politicians have their own share of those whose sense of morality had seemed to diminish as his or her power increased – the very dynamic is one of the signs that our peaceful religion has been hijacked and perverted by religious fanaticism right at the tip of the nose of our leaders. The people of Bangladesh need to wake up one more time before it's too late.
Old August 23, 2005, 08:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally posted by akabir77
When is this gonna stop?
When we the golden sons, cream of the crop, who can work honestly outside the country will return to homeland with one thing in mind: "to Give not to get" Can't do it from outside. Must be an example with the right intention.
Old August 23, 2005, 09:01 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:

Dream theater, I am not running any campaign and no need to have any theatrical comments here. Just look around. All the journalists are now awake and Bangladeshi Newspapers are buzzing with 'REAL INFORMATION".

I just visited your website (bdsdf.com) and surprised to see so many posts on India bashing (p.s. I don't care for India but my country) and even folks at bdsdf.com are going ga-ga over the comments of Nizami:

"...Matiur Rahman Nizami, Ameer of Jamaat-e-Islami Bangladesh, a partner of the alliance government, at a press conference on Saturday blamed two foreign intelligence agencies – Israeli Mosad and Indian RAW – for serial bomb attacks of August 17..."

If that is not smear campaign, I don't know what it is.
Govt embarrassed at Nizami''s comment:
http://www.newstoday-bd.com/frontpag...8/23/2005#5977
Edited on, August 22, 2005, 9:30 PM GMT, by ekatturerBangalee.
lets look at your post line by line. I accused you of running a smear campaign. What did you do? you gave me an example of Bangladeshi newspapers. Could you please give me a single example of an article saying anything about an imminent civil war???? if you are just voicing your concern like print media then whats the point of bringing buzz word like Civil war, country dominated by fundamentalists.

And who cares about what Nizami says. he is just a political leader. Like Hasina said BNP did it, BNP said Awami League did it, Indian amabassador said fundamentalists did it? So everyone is blaming someone. Thats Bangladeshi politicians. Hope you make an attempt to understand.

And I am glad you visited www.bdsdf.com. Funny thing is only thing you see is "India Bashing". Very very interesting. From where I stand only thing i see is we accumulated a millions of articles mainly from Bangladeshi newspapers ( which you love when they write about fundamentalists) writing against impact of India's unwillingness to resolve trade imbvalance( which is billions of dollars), effect of Farakhaa damn, Indian support of insurgency inside Bangladesh, killing of Bangladeshi citizens in the border area almost everyday.

We are just pro-Bangladeshi. Not anti-Indian. Anyone who hurts the interest of my country i have every right to create awareness about that. Isn't that what ekatturer bangali should do too.

Funny you see only India bashing in numerous articles we have there. may be you patriotism is the kind I will never understand.

Just curious , you seem quite concerned about Bangladesh. Could you show me how many times you have opened a thread against killing of Bangladeshi citizens by BSF, how many suggestions you have uttered to resolve trade imbalance amounts to 1.5 billion dollar, how many times you have voiced concern that India's plan of river linking could dry up water from " nodi-nala" which is the life of our country???
Old August 23, 2005, 09:08 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
Yea hide them as much as you can for the sake of the country. Hide them under the blanket as much as you can. Just ignore the problem and pretend nothing is wrong. And just hope and pray, one day all the problems will be suddenly vanished.
Edited on, August 22, 2005, 10:15 PM GMT, by Fazal.
So what do we have here. A person named Fazal who thinks sarcasm is the best way to drive a point home??? Someone named Fazal who thinks civil war is imminent in Bangladesh and if i think( god forbid) otherwise i should be treated with a barrage of sarcasm. My god you are smarter than avarage people.

And with your knowledge and "progga" which is burden for you( you proved it by your post) all you saw was that i told everyone to hide everything. bravo!!!!!!!!!
Old August 23, 2005, 09:15 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by rafiq

I am so happy to see DreamTheater post here - why hide behind the tiny walls of the Strategic Defense frontier - come out in the open and claim to be a better patriot than everyone else! About the bomb blasts, do you think the Indians and their Ahmadiya agents did it?
Glad to be a source of your happiness. but your post baffled me. Who is hiding behind what???? Do you have problem understanding English sentences??? and what makes you think anyone who disagrees with you is hiding behind something .Especially when we are posting in the same forum. What gives me an extra layer of protection that you dont have.

Who did it??? SOme stupids who last concern is about their country. Who the mastermind behind that--- God knows. hopefully i will know someday very soon.
Old August 23, 2005, 09:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
...hopefully i will know someday very soon.
& please,let know this board members who was the real culprit just after fininshing the Dream.
Old August 23, 2005, 09:24 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Banglatiger84

Yes we all are against them. Mainstream mullahs are gainst them. But i wonder why do i need a decree from Mullahs do prove that its wrong. Everyone knows it is. Only way to prevent this is to get the culprits and hang them . That example will work as a deterrent for future mullahs with extreme views.

In Egypt, Muslim brotherhood is still the most popular party. Even NyTimes, Washingtonpost thinks if real election takes place they will win. Bangladesh is different that that. Support for religious parties is low. The problem with the politicians that they use religion to get vote. Dont see that trend ending anytime soon.
Old August 23, 2005, 09:25 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by guy_zin
Quote:
& please,let know this board members who was the real culprit just after fininshing the Dream.
My dream will not be done untill you can think like rest of the human beings.

So as you can see my dream might never come true.
Old August 23, 2005, 09:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

So what do we have here. A person named Fazal who thinks sarcasm is the best way to drive a point home??? Someone named Fazal who thinks civil war is imminent in Bangladesh and if i think( god forbid) otherwise i should be treated with a barrage of sarcasm. My god you are smarter than avarage people.

And with your knowledge and "progga" which is burden for you( you proved it by your post) all you saw was that i told everyone to hide everything. bravo!!!!!!!!!
At least I am not hiding under nick name like "Dream theater". What other nick name did you used before? Are you scared to reveal your real name?

And your above comment is a perfect example where you twist info and make something out of nothing. For example where did you see that I said or think civil war is imminent? Unless you claim to be a fortune teller and a mind reader?

Therefore come out of the closet and stop accusing people left and right and try to listen other people's point of view with open mind. And may be... may be people do the same with your point of view.
Old August 23, 2005, 09:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by guy_zin
Quote:
My dream will not be done untill you can think like rest of the human beings.

So as you can see my dream might never come true.

hey dreamer..its time to wake up ..peoples in your beloved country are passing a nightmarish time out there..come to the real world withhelding your dream theater project
Old August 23, 2005, 10:24 AM
Cricket Legend

With unemployment, lack of education and living under poverty every frustrated and clueless innocent bangladeshi is up for recruiting for any kind of activities.

Should we not analysize the recent uprising of the so called radical groups who are demanding that we turn Bangladesh into an Islamic state and follow islamic shariah law or else face severe consequences? Our administration needs to create a full report and their action plan against these groups and give it to the people ASAP or else they remain accountable for not taking any actions for anything worse that might be ahead of us.

If we do not address and solve this problem within our country the result will be that these group will become more powerful, organized, full of resources and capabilities of doing harm to our people in order to achieve their goals and they have proved that already.

We have been taking the bombings, the messages, the activities of these groups lightly and our actions against them is slow. I believe that without outside resources and help there can never be such groups surviving in such a poor nation.

Whether a civil war is eminent or not should not be the debate or priority at this point. The govt needs to take serious actions to destroy these groups and bring the culprits to justice against all odds. Govt failing to do so will lose faith and trust of the people and at the same time our people will become 'jimmy' to these terror groups along with the govt. itself.

We bangladeshis should be united against everything that is harming our nation, we should not be selective and biased on issues. BD is under attack from inside and outside, we need to fight both and at the same time. Please let us fight our enemies and not among us.
Old August 23, 2005, 10:47 AM
Cricket Legend

It is sad that for so many years we are not able to resolve the issues with India and stop them from worsening our country's condition. We are to blame for letting India continue its systematic exploitation of our country and we are to blame for letting these dariwala groups poping up within our people or the Myanmar refugee situation.

May be we really need a civil war to fight against the evils that crippled our country forever. I will back any war to free our people from the corrupt political parties, govt, institutions, groups or nations. A war do not necessarily need firearms to fight, we can have a war with the strength of our voice, non violent activities, media exposure, educational and social revolution within the people.
Old August 23, 2005, 02:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Very disturbing article:

"...DHAKA, Aug. 22 (Xinhuanet) -- Bigger attacks than the Aug. 17 string of countrywide blasts and killing of non-Muslim leaders in Bangladesh have been planned by some terrorist groups, intelligence services informed the government on Sunday...."

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_3388152.htm
Old August 23, 2005, 02:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

[

Arrested moulana, former Islamic Foundation director Fariduddin Masud points finger at Nizami: http://www.thedailystar.net/2005/08/24/d5082401011.htm

Edited on, August 23, 2005, 7:17 PM GMT, by ekatturerBangalee.
Old August 23, 2005, 04:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by akabir77
so whats the solution? I think BNP is/was better option then AL? SO what do u think we the voters should do? All party's r SHAITAN so people elcted the less SHAITAN they thought at that time. And i belive they havn't done anything significant yet to think other wise...

They r trying to resolve this let them do it. if they don't people can vote the other party like they did last time. Why do we have to rush every thing??? When is this gonna stop?
AL or BNP, they don't care what's in the best interest of bangladeshis. neither of these parties will take harsh enough action to stop these militants at their root. BNP will only take so much action so that they look good before next election. AL will keep on blaming BNP and calling hartals for not doing enough. if they are elected in next election they'll forget about rising islmaic militancy in our nation and start taking revenge against BNP. what we need is martial law.we need someone like parvez musharraf to sort out the uprising of militanst in our country. otherwise soon our country will turn into another afghanistan of mid-late 90s.
Old August 23, 2005, 07:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally posted by howzatt!

AL or BNP, they don't care what's in the best interest of bangladeshis. neither of these parties will take harsh enough action to stop these militants at their root. BNP will only take so much action so that they look good before next election. AL will keep on blaming BNP and calling hartals for not doing enough. if they are elected in next election they'll forget about rising islmaic militancy in our nation and start taking revenge against BNP. what we need is martial law.we need someone like parvez musharraf to sort out the uprising of militanst in our country. otherwise soon our country will turn into another afghanistan of mid-late 90s.
I like this idea