How to hold on to success in cricket?
In recent times our different aged group teams had great success in International competitions. To ensure that these groups of junior cricketers can have same success when they make the journey to the senior side, we need to look into few things in light of the longer version of the game.
"silly_point" mentioned in a thread that we have to “overcome the lack of a "good domestic competition"”.
Bangladesh Cricket Board must think how to get more exposure both internally and externally.
Looking at the big picture, we have 6 regional teams who play each other in our national league. That totals of 10 games. This is not enough to groom any player for the longer version of the game. How can we increase the games? One way is to divide the 6 teams into two groups. May be North and South zone or East and West zone.
1. We can install all star games.
2. Each division teams can play against each other more than two times. Then we can have two divisional champs playing for the final trophy. Another game for third and forth place and fifth and sixth place.
3. These divisional teams should also have age group teams. That way they can scout their own team and strengthen their senior side.
1. Our Cricket board must talk to at least 3 countries and strike a deal. Preferably, Aus/NZ, Eng, Ind/SL. Every year we will send a team (rotating) to each country to play 2/3 games and may be 2/3 odis.
2. We would also invite a team from the same countries to visit us and play the local sides.
I am not sure budget wise the external part can be achieved or not. If they can not afford to do that then my suggestion would be send 3/4 players from each regional team to these country to play for a local club. Sponsorship is a big question.
Please feel free to add anything and everything that you think may be helpful in the long run. Coaches?? Pitches?? Fitness gurus?? More Money to the players??