facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 29, 2005, 09:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default And I actually thought thay had a good chance!

Zimbabwe only had to chase a target of 227 runs, Boy I thought this was gonna be the nail in the coffin for gangly but Zimbabwe never fail to disappoint. 65 all out.

What Zimbabwe needs is a player like Pilot who can handle these batting collapses and can steer an innings around.

BTW: after watching this indian batting performance I think bangladesh can have a really good chance in the near future to beat India again in ODI.
Old August 29, 2005, 09:37 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

I wasn't surprised at all. I didn't expect much better than this. In fact, I'm quite amazed that they were able to post 65 after being reduced to 36/8

Quote:
BTW: after watching this indian batting performance I think bangladesh can have a really good chance in the near future to beat India again in ODI.
India didn't have Pathan when we beat them in last December. Look what he did to Zimbabwe and remember what happened to us in the test series vs. Zimbabwe. And this time they won't make the mistake of taking us lightly.

Edited on, August 29, 2005, 2:38 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Old August 29, 2005, 09:50 AM
Cricket Guru

We took Mcgrath,lee and Gilespie for 250 twice, I know Pathan is the real deal, but the way your describing him like he's Vass, he's not noway near Vass's level yet.

we may have lost that match, but i can promise you that Mushfiqur Rahman wont play in the near future and Mashrafe didn't play in this match. Pathan took 1/45

Cricinfo link>>

Edited on, August 29, 2005, 2:51 PM GMT, by cricman.

Edited on, August 29, 2005, 2:56 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: mod.content: Please try to put long links inside text.
Old August 29, 2005, 10:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
we may have lost that match, but i can promise you that Mushfiqur Rahman wont play in the near future and Mashrafe didn't play in this match. Pathan took 1/45

Cricinfo link>>[/url]
Although difference of 11 runs suggests a close match, in reality that match wasn't close at all. We batted just for a "respectable score", and we never tried for victory at any stage of the match. We were able to reduce the margin of defeat to 11 runs because of some very very late hitting of Pilot. By then the match was already won by the Indians, so they didn't care. At the beginning of the slog overs, our required run rate was nearly 10.

Edited on, August 29, 2005, 3:57 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Old August 29, 2005, 11:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

dude cricman, if you cannot appreciate a Indian performance, dont bash them with some thoughtless comments !

its a total thrashing they gave to Zimbos !

Dream as much as you want to steering and winning and stuff ! with all due respects to bangladesh, you are still far behind the race.

Well, just to rub it in our cricman alone (other guyz plz dont jump on me now ) bangladesh full team lost to Srilanka A, by 10 wickets.

cheers !

your Padosan

cheers !
Old August 29, 2005, 01:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Padosan,
Just so that you know attacking one of us is attacking all of us. So would appreciate in future think before you jump into conclusions.

65 all out has some reason of Good Indian bowling but you must agree it is Zim's faliure more so. Look at the previous matches with NZ.

"bangladesh full team lost to Srilanka A, by 10 wickets."
This is uncalled for. First it was not a Srilankan A team and in the same token was not BD full team. There will be at least 4 new faces in ODI games. 4 out of 11 do your math. Yes, the loss is embarrasing but you must understand practice matches (wins and losses mean nothing).

Finally, If someone hits you and you have the power to crush him, don't hit him back. Share your knowledge to help him understand the truth. Hitting back just makes you same as the person who hit you.

Edited on, August 29, 2005, 6:49 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Old August 29, 2005, 02:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

cats_eye, chill man. i was just responding to cricmans post. It definitely is not against Bangladesh cricket at all, you shld see even if i have a criticism against Bangladesh, i always include a "with all due respects".

When i said Bangladesh lost to Srilanka A, i was just hoping a drive a point that beating India like he pointed out is not that easy still ! I already told in my previous posts that Bangladesh is the team i follow after India and i for sure will be supporting Bangladesh against Srilanka.

I am being misunderstood, If you think i am here to hit or crush some one. i just replied in the same vein as the original post was.

I know i wont have any supporters or someone who can understand my point

"And I actually thought thay had a good chance!" and they just threw it off, India didnt win it ! feels good to read as an India supporter.

again no offense intended !

cheers !
Old August 29, 2005, 04:50 PM
Test Cricketer

erm..we already beat india once. so whats all this whining about BD not being able to beat India once again? IMO beating india is a much more easier prospect than Sri Lanka at the moment. "Will all due respects", the current indian batting lineup is crap when Dravid and Shewag fails to fire.
Old August 30, 2005, 10:03 AM
ODI Cricketer

hmm Imran you do have a point, i do agree. The current Indian batting line up is crap coz they are not clicking at all. Honestly we have only 2 match winners as you mentioned. We can definitely do with a "Pilot" in the middle order , how about lending him ?

Yeah i do agree, Bangladesh have a better chance of winning India than Srilanka at the current forms of the team. But, i would say its just a chance of winning and I can say India WILL win 9 out of 10 times. I am definitely not saying this out of high headedness, but lets face it, if Asharful doesnt click Bangladesh doesnt have match winners either

cheers!

your padosan
Old August 30, 2005, 08:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Padosan, i do agree that india is a better team then bangladesh. but bangladesh is still very new in test cricket. we have been playing test cricket for less then 5 years. in this 5 years if you followed bangladesh cricket we are definitely an improving team. unlike india we do not depend on 1 or 2 players. we dont have no star player, our team depends on total effort from everyone to win matches. throughout indias cricket history they have depended on 1 or 2 players to win matches. in 80s it was kapil dev or gavaskar in 90s it was sachine tandukar. india did produce alot of talented players but they were never able to produce quality players in there cricket history like west indies, australia or england did. the fact is india team is on as good as they were before. tandukar is not as good as he used to be. ganguly is on the team just because he is the captain. personally i think ganguly sucks. he is indias cheerleader just like khaled mahmud is ours. beside irfan pathan india doesnt have to world class fast bowlers. anil kambli is past his prime. harbajan singh isnt anywhere nearly as good as he thinks he is.only players in india that can win matches in rahul dravid and virender shawag. new zealand, australia, england, south africa and even srilanka are much better then the india team. and the way bangladesh is improving within 5 years we will also be better then the india team. india losing to us one time is just the starting, they will lose to us many many more times in both tests and odi. so all of you indian fans who trashed us for years needs to get used to losing to bangladesh because more is yet to come.
Old August 31, 2005, 02:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

Shaoun, I definitely dont want to start who is better here with all your argument now. 5 years from now anything can happen, i mean anything. 2 years back India were no.2 in One day and test. now the team is out of form. 2 years from now England might suck.

If you say only Bangladesh will improve and the other teams will not, sorry buddy. you have a problem of short sightedness here. Kenya/zimbabwe why ireland can be a better team too. Infact i feel Kenya should have been granted a test status for they were the semi-finalists in a ODI world cup.

I just thought i would post my centiments since someone started some unwanted comments on my cricket team. your response seems to be more of an hate towards indian fans (and ME) than anything else. I never trash talk or anything if you follow my posts in any other topics in this forum. I just joined this forum for the passion of cricket.

please keep your "so all of you indian fans who trashed " to yourself. that was uncalled for and unwanted. talk to me and talk about my postsalone if you have a problem with my posts. Supporting is different, hating is different. It would be a welcome for outside posters like me if you can keep your hate centiments to yourself.
Old August 31, 2005, 03:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by Padosan
dude cricman, if you cannot appreciate a Indian performance, dont bash them with some thoughtless comments !

its a total thrashing they gave to Zimbos !

Dream as much as you want to steering and winning and stuff ! with all due respects to bangladesh, you are still far behind the race.

Well, just to rub it in our cricman alone (other guyz plz dont jump on me now ) bangladesh full team lost to Srilanka A, by 10 wickets.
Padosan,
We appreciate people like you are members of BC. Having said that, i have to add you need to chill yourself. Go back to thread and read it again. I don't see anything that may have caused you to say "dont bash them with some thoughtless comments !" I am not seeing any indian team bashing in Cricman's thread. It is his opinion and he put some thought in it. And where is the bashing? 227 total with all the superstar demigod lineup is a good score? As i have said earlier the bowling was good but the 65 all out is more of Zim's faliure.

And in the last para what cricman was trying to say the 1st time wasn't a fluke (The defeat against BD). And in the future with this kind of performance (227 in 50 overs) history may repeat itself.

It is you who first started to rub it on. it doesnot help when you say jokingly "only for cricman". If that is your intent use u2u. We like the good, honest Padosan. Not the one, who is trying to pick a fight.

Peace.
Old August 31, 2005, 04:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
It is you who first started to rub it on. it doesnot help when you say jokingly "only for cricman". If that is your intent use u2u. We like the good, honest Padosan. Not the one, who is trying to pick a fight.
No, he can do that without using u2u. And you didn't need to get involved into this. I don't think they were going to have a fight. And even if they did, then it would be nothing. Things like this just happens in message boards

Edited on, August 31, 2005, 9:30 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Old August 31, 2005, 06:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

No guys i really dont want to pick a fight or anything.

Spitfire, i am really receptive about facts. I put forth my honest opinions. Hey by the way i liked the way you compared Taylor and Danguly's stats in the other thread for my post. I wanted to respond there, but nonetheless.

Cats_eye, thanks for your welcome. The sad part is you doesnt think that shaouns comments were in appropriate. " Boy I thought this was gonna be the nail in the coffin for gangly ", sounds like a bash to me atleast

Neways guys, as i said earlier, i am here only for the passion shown in this board. Guests shldnt pick fight with the hosts, can they

cheers !

your padosan
Old August 31, 2005, 07:08 PM
Cricket Guru

If India lost to Zimbabwe, Ganguly would be dropped, if Zimbabwe batted like they did today India may have lost.

Thats no way bashing Team India but the ganguly's going if he had lost that match or loses the next match to Zimbabwe, I can't see him in the squad after the Test series.
Old September 1, 2005, 02:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

slow down on dada bashing! the guy has scored over 10,000 ODI runs and averages over 41. he has been one of the most destructive match winners for over a decade. sure he looks below par now. sure he looks at sea against searing pace or quality spin. but that kind of skill does not go away overnight. i am sure ganguly will prove all his critics wrong and start playing at his best again. mark my words!
Old September 1, 2005, 09:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

No way Cricman, Ganguly will never be dropped unless he retires, see that is the problem with all our subcontinental sides. We dont see the player in current form, we see him with all past laurels.

yeah i do accept that form is temporary and class is permanent tigerz, but as for me ganguly's weakness is exposed and all the bowlers are having fun there exploiting him. Its a sorry state and he gets humiliated too. Its been too long now and he is yet to learn to play the short ball on the body or anything on the leg side.

Atleast take a break, set your ego aside, sharpen yourself and come back. Am sure he will definitely have a place in the side when he decides to come back.

cheers !
Old September 1, 2005, 02:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by roaring tigerz
but that kind of skill does not go away overnight. i am
it's 20 matches now it's not fair to dravid who's been carring this team averaging 75 in his last 20 Test matchs while ganguiy is averaging 20.
Old September 1, 2005, 03:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
I don't think they were going to have a fight. And even if they did, then it would be nothing. Things like this just happens in message boards
Thank you, Spitfire_x86. i am really new on this message board. I donot know and did not see these things like this happening frequently. Will not bother to comment on something that is not addressed to me. Just to make myself clear there wasn't any INDIAN team bashing in the original thread message. It was a simple comment on Ganguly only. it was my faliure to point it out to Padosan. I have seen worse comments in this message board about indian team and noone reacted like that.

And pick a fight does not mean physically fighting, its just war of words.

Edited on, September 1, 2005, 8:13 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Old September 1, 2005, 04:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
And pick a fight does not mean physically fighting, its just war of words.
If any serious personal fight (verbal, of course!) takes place, then mods usually meddle to cool down things. No need to worry
Old September 1, 2005, 09:16 PM
Test Cricketer

hey padosan, i would like to apologize if my comments were unapproprite. we are very passianite about our cricket and any negative comments about our cricket team we cant handle it. to me as a fan of bangladesh cricket, everyone has freedom of speech in this board except when u say negative things about our cricket team. again maybe i was out of line with my comments earlier on. and thank you for signing up on banglacricket.com. our cricket team is not getting enough respect at this moment. so called cricket experts are asking icc to make 2 tier test system and put bangladesh in that group. even after winning against some big names like india and australia we are still not getting respect. and it is hard for bangladeshi fan to take this kind of crap from some of crickets legand. anyways i m sure respect will come in due time. again sorry for my comment earlier. i was definitely wrong to say india did not creat quality players. because they sure did. gavaskar, kapil dev, ravi shastri, vangsharkar, srikanth, azhar uddin, ganguly, dravid, anil kambli, srinath are just few of the great players india has produced. and ofcourse one of the greatest batsman of all time sachine tandukar.
Old September 2, 2005, 09:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

hey shaoun, no issues man. Nothing personal here and we all know it, i still reply to all the comments coz i know it is all passion abt the teams and nothing else.

The fact that you find a couple of Indians, Australians, srilankan and Brits here says that Bangladesh cricket is being watched closely and the team is getting due respect buddy.

Bangladesh cricket is in its infancy and am sure with such a huge fan following, it getting on to the top is not far away. The recent example is Srilanka. ICC will be interested very soon seeing the marketebility of cricket in Bangladesh. It just takes some time. Bangladesh cricket is on right track, am sure it will peak well in the next world cup. The cribbers and whiners at the top will always keep doing that, if not for them, who else do we got to prove something to ??

I find this board has a good balance of passion and level headedness.

cheers !

In cause of cricket ..
your Padosan
Old September 4, 2005, 08:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Well the Zimbos have a chance to make amends here, today. We already lost.
Old September 4, 2005, 08:08 AM
BC Editorial Team

Essex made 502 for 4 *in a day* against Australia in the 2 day match. If that makes anyone happy, so be it

Edited on, September 4, 2005, 1:09 PM GMT, by Tintin.
Old September 4, 2005, 08:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

India on the verge to lose this match against Zimbabwe, unless a quick fire partnership is built up. These bunch of Indians look soo mediocre! Can't believe I used to support these big mouth losers! Now I understand why India sneaks a delay to arrange a full series against Bangladesh.