facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 16, 2003, 09:07 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Post match thoughts

4 wicket win against us......well it has to be a stellar performance by us considering the ignominy suffered in the last few months (though aginst a virtual inidia A). I really worry about the pace bowling now. You always have to worry about something with this team......if we could get some early wickets like 25/2 instead of 125/2......then the game would have been much more interesting..sos to mashrafi.......what happened to talha...he was erratic during the world cup....but he is a genuine prospect......
Old April 16, 2003, 09:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

I am more than happy with this result. Losing by 4 wickets even to a virtual A side is not bad by our standards.
One more inspiring performance against SA, and we will be on the road to full recovery after the Canada setback.
Old April 16, 2003, 09:18 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Honestly, Sujon-Imran-Latif trio is slowly streering the BD cricket to right track. Just imagine our performence in WC.

Cant even remember when I felt this good. Thanks to all 3 of them and specially the selectors for making good selections finally.

I have my fingers crossed, I hope they dont drop Golla next match.
Old April 16, 2003, 09:56 AM
Cricket Legend

I hope Masri is back for the Test series. That is where we will really need him.

This really was the best all-round performance in a while. We never bowl and bat decently in a match. Its either one or the other, or neither. 207 is not a bad score, especially after the 77. I think 210 is about the part score for our team, given our technical and psychological problems.

The bowling lacked bite as usual. That has always been the case. However, they hung in there and never did we allow India to completely dominate with the bat. There were some bad overs here and there, but overall, we kept things respectable. India got off to a good start thanks to Sehwag, but once we got him, we kept things reasonably quiet and dragged the game to the 42nd over. I am pretty pleased with this performance.

If we get to bat first tomorrow, I hope we will post another 200 up score, hopefully closer to 225 and then put some pressure on South Africa.
Old April 16, 2003, 10:34 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

You think it was a good game for us? I think exactly the opposite.

Neither our batsman, nor bowlers nor the fielders played well.
Old April 16, 2003, 11:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

This was a poor performance. We should beat these second-string sides and not lose to them even by 4 wickets. Hope that we beat SA tommorow.

We need to take early wickets like even if have the opposition to 10/2 or so, we should get a chance to bowl them out for under 200 and must improve our batting. There is a lot of talent in the team to score a 250+ but it is not going well.

Hoping for a win against SA tommorow.
Old April 16, 2003, 12:12 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default BD Performance

The BD performace was poor to say the least. Scoring 207 on a benign pitch at home against a virtual India A is nothing to brag about. What really frustrates me is the way BD players get out after putting up a half decent score. I just hope the last two games are a sign that the team is on a path to recovery.

On another note, I strongly feel that BCB should improve the standard of the wicket. There is absolutely no point in laying down a flat pitch to aid the home batting side. Yes we can put up a decent score but neither the batsman nor the bowlers have any chance of putting up a fight against Test teams. Batting friendly wickets are partly to blame for our batting debacles overseas. BD players can definitely improve their performance if they play in better wickets in the domestic league.
Old April 16, 2003, 02:15 PM
Cricket Legend

I don't think any of you are aware of how technically inept our cricketers are. Its easy to keep screaming that we are a talented side. I've heard it too many times. But the simple truth is, we are technically ill-equipped to play at this level. Whether its the India first team or the second! That is just how it is. I didn't think we were bad enough to play the way we did in South Africa, but we aren't that good either. Like I said, today was probably the par performance for us.

Talent is one thing, being able to use it is another. Our players may be talented, but they have no technique to speak off. When I watch Bangladesh bat, I cringe at the way they play their shots. They are all so awkward. We need to sort that out at the age levels, not at the national level. I think improvement will come, but it will take a long-term approach. What I am looking for right now is a bit of consistency at the basics. Play out 50 overs, try to bowl a good line, that sort of thing. I don't think we did too badly today at all, especially given how we have been doing in recent months.
Old April 16, 2003, 02:35 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

If BD could have scored like 250-260 We could have easily win this match. Our bowling is getting nowhere. I hope BCB won't make any changes to the team for 2mrrws match. The only change I would want will be either Mashrafi or Monjural replace Tapash or Tareq.

Our pace bowlers bowled poorly today. They gave away too many runs too early.

Our batting was a positive approach. We could/must have scored more if in the middle our run rate were not slowed down. Bashar really wasted lots of ball. He got 50 from 93 balls which is not impressive.

Overall I would I'm impreesed by BD's performance today. They gave a good fight and a great come back.
Old April 16, 2003, 05:19 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default EXTREMELY GOOD LUCK

Some days in our lives are too good. Unbelievable how good they are. Everything happens smoothly. No problems, no interruptions. Some favourable events happen unexpectedly on those days.

LUCKY DAY.... that's probably what we call

Bangladesh's next ODI win will come on a day such as that. LUCK HAS TO BE ON OUR SIDE. There seems to be no other alternative.

For some reason I was very optimistic about yesterday. I was quite sure about 2 half centuries.

We went close. We also produced a good
fight. But no one in the world cares about how good we fought or how good our preparations were. Everyone in the world focusing on Bangladesh are counting only one thing:

RESULTS

35 DEFEATS IN A ROW.

Those people don't want to know if our selectors are being fair, whether they have the right qualifications or not, how many players are young or how many are veterans. They don't care how strong the politics is or who the coach is...

It's only CRICKET that counts.

RESULTS

RESULTS

THE END RESULT

When will we have that lucky day?

TODAY ?

If it's not in Dhaka stadium, I can tell you this --

It's going to be really tough.

(But for some reason again --- DARWIN AUSTRALIA is really attracting me. That will be on 6th August. 3rd and final ODI between Bangladesh and Australia)

I will do my best to make that day a LUCKY DAY. Don't ask me HOW ?

---------------------------------------------------

Old April 16, 2003, 05:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Many of you guys are missing the point. Our performance against India was not "good", but it was significantly "better". For us, that is a very crucial difference.

Let's give credit where credit is due. Our BD cricketers did better today and that needs to be apprciated. If they can continue improving then I will be very happy. After they have been improving for some time, only then can we ask them to show fantastic performances. Until then, lets keep our fingers crossed or making prayers (whichever persuasion u believe in)!
Old April 16, 2003, 05:50 PM
Cricket Legend

That is exactly right. There has to be a progression. We can't go from losing to Canada to beating India and South Africa overnight. There is obviously a lot of things wrong with BD cricket that will need to be put right before we start showing results. Its not going to happen overnight. Lets atleast acknowledge the fact that we are moving in the right direction after the world cup debacle. The selection has been better, the captaincy has been good, Sarwar Imran is obviously working hard, and there has definitely been signs of improvement, most importantly, in the attitude of our players.
Old April 16, 2003, 06:45 PM
Banned

Back to back 200+ scores. Just goes to show what a 50 and a couple of 20s or 30s can do to the score board.

This is indeed a better situation, but not necessarily an acceptable one, by any stretch. While we should be greatful as fans that it wasn't a sub-100 performance, as well wishers we should be concerned of many things - no batsman had played we in both games, and the fact that India's bowling was so 2nd tier, and the fact that one good bowler (Pollock) just mowed us over. Just makes you thing that maybe this trend is all too comforting, only.

But I am looking forward to be proven wrong, and yes, without Orph's help.
Old April 16, 2003, 07:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater
Default Golla is a Gonna

Disappointing seeing Golla fail but pleased by Opee and Sumon's. They should be kept for Test Series at least......is Rokon returning for Tests????