facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 26, 2005, 07:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Quote:
Originally posted by Mridul
If brother Da'wa is answering this question then I can wait till he posts. However, I have been in Jamaat few times. I also asked this question to a Mufti (religious scholar who has the permission to give fatwa and having great deal of knowledge on Qur'an and Hadiths). He answered very nicly. I can write what he told me. I'll wait till brother Da'wa posts his.
Bro, go ahead and post. My write up will take longer since I am actually adding other question that might follow the above questions. So do not wait for me, go ahead and post
Old September 26, 2005, 07:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by dosadeel
Jazakallah khayr for the great thread dawah bhai!

I would like to hear an answer to banglatiger84's question on the "fixed number of days" issue .... where did these numbers come from? Any particular incident during the lifetime of Prophet (SAWS)? or of his companions later on?
Patience is a virtue
Old September 26, 2005, 11:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Attn: BanglaCricket Staff

Why do you have "Ads by Google" on this website? Does Google pay money for these adverts? I am asking becoz I just read an article about a Muslim coverting to Christianity, and wondered how the link to such an article would find its place at the head of a thread talking about Islamic issues? To me it looks like a form of infiltration, and if it is, it is a rather cheeky attempt by the "Google people" into brainwashing many of us away from Islam.

Please clarify the matter.
Old September 26, 2005, 11:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by aosaif

Why do you have "Ads by Google" on this website? Does Google pay money for these adverts? I am asking becoz I just read an article about a Muslim coverting to Christianity, and wondered how the link to such an article would find its place at the head of a thread talking about Islamic issues? To me it looks like a form of infiltration, and if it is, it is a rather cheeky attempt by the "Google people" into brainwashing many of us away from Islam.

hahaha That's so funny. The Evil Christian Google people, out to Brianwash Muslims.

My guess is that you have cought some spyware. It cleverly taps into information that you are reading and typing and looking up, and then sends relevant advertisements to your desktop. I have anti spyware and now I get nothing. It runs daily.
When i was studying India history and punching in stuff on that region, i got ads from travel agencies to India, Bangladesh, etc. And I got ads, from Bangladesh Christian church too.
Somehow the smart "spyware" detects what you are veiwing, and sends relevant ads.
this is a guess my friend from my own experiences, i don't know this for sure.
Old September 26, 2005, 11:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Dawah
Quote:
Originally posted by Mridul
If brother Da'wa is answering this question then I can wait till he posts. However, I have been in Jamaat few times. I also asked this question to a Mufti (religious scholar who has the permission to give fatwa and having great deal of knowledge on Qur'an and Hadiths). He answered very nicly. I can write what he told me. I'll wait till brother Da'wa posts his.
Bro, go ahead and post. My write up will take longer since I am actually adding other question that might follow the above questions. So do not wait for me, go ahead and post
Jazak Allah kheir bro. I dont have too much time on my hand now...so i'll try to answer it as brifly as i can.

Mainly when I asked him where did the elders of tabligh get these 3days, 40 days and 4 months? Are these according to Qur'an? He replied that these are not according to Sharia. These are mainly a time line set up by the elders ...just like a course...its like a course that helps ones to bring his Imaan up.

However there are other explanation too. I hope brother Da'wa can explain them in details.

Insha-Allah, I'll try to put more insight later on. I really need to go to bed now. Wassalaamu 'Alaikum
Old September 26, 2005, 11:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by whiteguy
Quote:

hahaha That's so funny. The Evil Christian Google people, out to Brianwash Muslims.

My guess is that you have cought some spyware. It cleverly taps into information that you are reading and typing and looking up, and then sends relevant advertisements to your desktop. I have anti spyware and now I get nothing. It runs daily.
When i was studying India history and punching in stuff on that region, i got ads from travel agencies to India, Bangladesh, etc. And I got ads, from Bangladesh Christian church too.
Somehow the smart "spyware" detects what you are veiwing, and sends relevant ads.
this is a guess my friend from my own experiences, i don't know this for sure.
Can't believe it can be spyware, since it only happens when I view banglacricket.com. And also, its on the website, not a popup.

I didnt appreciate what appeared to be your interpretation of my thinking. I did not think, even remotely, of the Google ppl as "evil christians." I don't believe that an "evil christian" can exist, for how can a christian be evil unless grossly misguided? Perhaps the term "brainwash" didn't go down too well with you.

Just for the record, most of the friends I ever made in my life are christians, becoz I have lived in predominantly christian countries. Do you really think I could live with these people and call them friends if I always thought they were "evil"? Scary thought really.
Old September 27, 2005, 12:03 AM
Test Cricketer

relax, aosaif, I was just making fun. I thought you were making fun. But I guess you were serious. But you are right, brainwashing is not nice. How about Enlightening? replace the word with enlightening? ........... ok ok. I just got you more mad. I'm kidding....
I was just trying to be helpful dude, with a bit of comedy, so take a chill pill, as one of our members here likes to say....
Old September 27, 2005, 12:11 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
relax, aosaif, I was just making fun. I thought you were making fun. But I guess you were serious. But you are right, brainwashing is not nice. How about Enlightening? replace the word with enlightening? ........... ok ok. I just got you more mad. I'm kidding....
I was just trying to be helpful dude, with a bit of comedy, so take a chill pill, as one of our members here likes to say....
No offence taken. I have taken the chill pill as per your prescription. Yeh, I guess I was kinda serious, coz....well.....its a thread that requires some degree of thought.

In case I offended you, I'd just like to say that you're "articles" are often quite enlightening, though I hardly ever get to finish them!
Old September 27, 2005, 01:22 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
... in the commentary box, there is Zobair and RazabQ, please welcome! ...
Well going by the latest round of posts between Aoasif and WG, the score would appear to be Love-Love

For sake of fairness though we prolly should get some "non-believing" Mods such as Arnab or Tintin involved. Much as Pompous and I attempt to be impartial, no doubt on occasion our affinity for the pro-religion camp will, subconsciously, manifest itself - more so to the non-religious folks No point in having the commentary team staffed by Gavaskar and Manjrekar
Old September 27, 2005, 01:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Post updated, see the 1st post. Still under construction.
Old September 27, 2005, 02:29 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Can't believe it can be spyware, since it only happens when I view banglacricket.com. And also, its on the website, not a popup.
Google Adsense generate ads based on webpage content.

Learn more about Google Adsense
Old September 27, 2005, 02:34 AM
Test Cricketer

More updates..... check my 1st post.
Old September 27, 2005, 02:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
No offence taken. I have taken the chill pill as per your prescription. Yeh, I guess I was kinda serious, coz....well.....its a thread that requires some degree of thought.

In case I offended you, I'd just like to say that you're "articles" are often quite enlightening, though I hardly ever get to finish them!
Admittedly, I can sometimes get offended, without even realizing why. However, not this time. It's all good. Maybe before I attempt to use comedy I should consider the surroundings. Point taken.
Also, thank you for the compliments. I'm glad we all get some of each others points. That's what diversity is all about. It's not easier, but it's more interesting and we get more out of it...I think anyway.

cheers brother.
Old September 27, 2005, 03:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
[i]
Well going by the latest round of posts between Aoasif and WG, the score would appear to be Love-Love
hahaha
Old September 27, 2005, 08:00 PM
BC Editorial Team

People since there are a bunch of religious minded threads going on, I suggest, for the sake of our sanity, to stick to the topic in hand. I know I am guilty as well, but please, if you are going to post on this thread, do so on the pros and cons of Tablighue Jamaat only.
Old September 29, 2005, 09:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Good thread: Thanks for the info and explanations. I agree most of the methodology but can't agree on the following comments.

1. "Either you become the inviter of Deen or be prepared to be invited to falsehood."

Assuming "inviter of Deen" = Tabligh jamat brothers.

I draw parallel to a famous comment that you might recognise "Either you are with us or you are with the terrorists."
(It may be my shortcoming of not understanding the line. Forgive me for that)

Tabligh jamath is a good way to invite muslims back to his deen, but not the only way to invite MANKIND. Also I like to point out, Our beloved Prophet (PBUH) was one of the best inviters of deen. But didn't he get invitations from falsehood also? (The so called Arabs did ask him to leave his religion and join their forefathers religion several times.) Anyone can receive invitation from the falsehood. It may be a test from Allah. Please don't accept them.

My individual understanding of Best Dawah technic is practice Islam in ones regular life. Our Prophet (PBUH) practiced Quran in his regular life to a perfection. If the person is truely sincere to Allah Subhanawa tala, and does what he is suppose to and stays away from what he is suppose to, he/she will automatically attract scores of people (muslims and non-muslims) by the grace of Almighty. We as human cannot change anyone's perception. It is Allah who gives a person true knowledge. We can only show it how it is done with utmost sincerity and devotion.

Allah knows best. Salam.
Old September 29, 2005, 11:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye

1. "Either you become the inviter of Deen or be prepared to be invited to falsehood."

Assuming "inviter of Deen" = Tabligh jamat brothers.
Bro, your assumtion is incorrect, and picked a sentence out of context. On my thread, I have explained the work of dawah being part of the work of Tabligh. Tabligh is just NOT only work of dawah.

Work of Dawah (inviting people towards Allah) is Fardh on every Muslim. I did not say that Tabligh is the only way of doing work of dawah. I clearly mentioned in my post, there are other forms as well, for example, calling Azan is a dawah, teaching Islam is a dawah, looking like a Muslim(ie outward sunnah) is a dawah, beautiful Akhlaq(manners, inner sunnah) is a dawah, etc. But the fact remains, either you invite yourself(?*), and the mankind towards Islam or you are invited towads the ways against the orders of Allah.

Please, let's not assume. Ask me if you are not clear on something. I will try to clarify.

Quote:
My individual understanding of Best Dawah technic is practice Islam in ones regular life.
You are correct! Work of Tabligh is the work of a Muslims self-reformation. Thousands of out of track Muslims (including me!) have changed their lives thru the effort. That is the main need of tabligh. If a Muslim thinks that he need to become a better Muslim than what he is today, then tabligh is the start for him. Our problem today, very few Muslims practice Islam in their regular life. Purpose of tabligh is to bring complete deen in our lives. And I can claim it unless you have facts to prove me wrong, tabligh has been the most successful of any other effort in bringing Islam back in the lives of lost Muslims.

Can you name any other Muslim effort which is doing one tenth of the effort of Tabligh in brining Muslims back to deen? Other groups “fish in tablighi pond” (quote from an Indian Journalist) for their recruits. FBI/CIA had this problem with Tabligh. They told our scholars, other groups are trying to recruit religious minded activist from tabligh. Following concerns from FBI/CIA/MI6, our elders have taken strict measures in this work so that other groups cannot exploit this work. One of the measures being if any one talks about violence against non-Muslims, he gets kicked out from Jamats right away.

Edited on, September 29, 2005, 4:46 PM GMT, by Dawah.
Old September 30, 2005, 12:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
aosaif, jazakaAllahu khair for your kind words. But I cannot help but address a grave mistake that most people tend to do online:

Quote:
I also think that many of you don't appreciate just how much hard work and dedication it takes to reach the level of iman that Dawah bhai probably has. I know I certainly don't, or by now I would have had the same level of Iman.
Please, do not conclude about any one's Iman based on his/her forum posts. It is very easy to pretend like the most pious man on earth on forums, because it is just about typing while sitting on comfortable chairs and with a cap of warm tea. Real Islam is in action, doing things according to Quran and Sunnah. Since you cannot see a person’s real life action over the net, it is no way possible to really understand what type of Muslim he/she is.

Do not be deceived by the master of words. When Gulam Ahmed Qadiani 1st started his heinous mission, he never called himself a prophet. He wrote beautiful articles on Islam, which impressed many. After he gained a considerable number of dedicated followers, only then he declared himself a Prophet.

Online, some one may look the best Muslim ever to be born, in reality he is probably 2nd best to Saitan in disobeying Allah.

Edited on, September 26, 2005, 5:57 AM GMT, by Dawah.
Yes, I was afraid of making the mistake that you just pointed out. That's why I included the word "probably." I didn't want to beat around the bush too much with my comment, just tried to make it as straightforwards as possible.
Old September 30, 2005, 01:14 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
I know I certainly don't, or by now I would have had the same level of Iman.
You certainly do have high level of Iman. The higher the Imam, the lower one thinks of himself. Sahabah used to fear constantly if they were Munafiqs or not. Never lose hope on Allah. Allah is "Samad" and "Ghani". One request of a Muslim asking forgiveness from Allah is granted instantly and he is cleaned, forgiven and becomes as sinless as a new born baby.

ps. Find the meaning and explanation of the name of Allah "Samad" and "Ghani".

Edited on, September 26, 2005, 5:55 AM GMT, by Dawah.
Salaam once again Dawah bhai,
Thankyou for your kind words, but I don't know if I can affirm them. I am trying to a better muslim, and it is always hard with all that revolves around you in daily life. Giving "time" for my religion is one of my main problems, with studies and all. I think its more a mental attitude more than anything. I'm trying to have more iman. Sometimes become very disappointed when it fails. But I am trying. Inshallah one day I'll be a steadfast muslim, and inshallah that day will come soon.

With regard to tabligh, I really admire their work. Many tabligh brothers are very charismatic people, which really makes them great to talk to. Also, whatever they say, you are guaranteed that they mean it 100%, whether or not you agree with them, and so it is a different kind of conversation whenever I talk to tabligh brothers. We become totally honest with each other.

The only thing that sometimes puts me off is when they (quite forcefully) ask me to come with them or do this or that in my community. But I know they have to say these things, so I take it reasonably well. I guess the main reason it puts me off is because I'm disappointed that I cannot fulfill their wishes because of my committments to studies. My parents also want me to study now before I do things like dawah work, which does make sense becoz you do need a good position in society first.

On another note, as muslims in the world today, we must know that we need to become better muslims. If we were better, then we wouldnt have the problems we are having today. We wouldnt have all these wars, and we'd make a unified, peaceful stand, rather than all these various factions saying different things. Islam would flourish, and so would peace. I do not know who these teachers of war are, but they really are doing a disservice to our religion. Hopefully the work of tabligh will not encourage violence, rather, it needs to concentrate on teaching muslims how to become better muslims. Allah will take care of the rest. What worries me is that many tabligh brothers that I meet seem to hold views which are not quite similar to mine.
Old September 30, 2005, 12:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
I guess the main reason it puts me off is because I'm disappointed that I cannot fulfill their wishes because of my committments to studies. My parents also want me to study now before I do things like dawah work, which does make sense becoz you do need a good position in society first.
99% people that are in Tabligh in the west joined the work while as a student. In the western countries, you become so busy after your graduate, get married, kids etc, the tabligh work become very difficult.

Do you study 24-7-365 days a year? Don't you sleep at all While I was a student, we used to go in jamats during long weekends, spring breaks etc. While we used to go out in the path of Allah, other students used to go to big cities to check out bars, night clubs or go and stay in a cheap crap motel and eat biriyani at some cheap desi restaurants. People do that, and they do not consider that a waste of time, instead call that a refreshment etc. But, when it is going out in the path of Allah for the similar time, it becomes "study" factor. And when our brothers go out on this kind of UnIslamic trips to check out girls, bars, night clubs etc, they no longer ask the fatwa from their parents. Did any one ask permission from their parents when they went to watch an adult movie with friend?
How about asking permission from parents when they want to get drunk?

Ironic, fatwa from parents are needed only when we start praying salat 1st time in our lives, or start fasting or start to go to Masjid or in the path of Allah. So anything to do with Islam and its practices, we need approval from parents. And anything to do with carnal pleasure, unIslamic actions, haram actions, sinful actions, there is no need of permission from parents.

Think about this, who is fooling us? Did we all fall for the trick of Saitan?

Edited on, September 30, 2005, 5:24 PM GMT, by Dawah.
Old September 30, 2005, 01:44 PM
Cricket Legend

There are many students who dont get drunk or go for any of the vices that you mentioned, but who also dont go on Jamaats. There are Muslims who used to pray 5 times at Masjids and were active among students and in organising lectures but they were not members of Tabligh Jamaat.

The point is that students & other Muslims can serve Islam without going on Jamaats. Tabligh Jamaat is just one of many ways in which people can preach Islam. I knew brothers who would always encourage others to be regular in Masjid and in attending lectures but none of them were members of the Jamaat.
Old September 30, 2005, 02:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
[i]

Do you study 24-7-365 days a year? Don't you sleep at all

Dawah. I keep going to your threads because obviously I find them interesting.
But I just wanted to inform you that studying post secondary is 24/7. Unless you are extremely intelligent, if you are an average guy, and average reader like me, than it truly is 24/7. I was up till 5 in the morning yesterady reading, and now I am continuing after 7 hours sleep.
I don't think you realize it. First, you though a phd was 2 or 3 years. It is infact 7 years. That is already after 6 years of post secondary study.
I just wanted you to know, there is a real conflict between these demands and being a student.
Take 5 courses. Each one has douzens of pages of reading every day. Some like Statistics takes forever. Research PRojects. Essays. Journal articles.
I literally am studying every waking moment. (summer was a break, except one course, hence i could come here, but that is over. and even in summer i go this years)
If you want to get good grades, it is 24 / 7. And than some students have to work, because their students are not wealthy, and a student loan only covers part of it. (Like me).
It's madness and insanity.
I just wanted you to know. It's craziness. But, very fascinating and rewarding at the same time.
These people are facing real and genuine conflicts. What do you suggest?
Old September 30, 2005, 04:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Banglatiger84
There are many students who dont get drunk or go for any of the vices that you mentioned, but who also dont go on Jamaats. There are Muslims who used to pray 5 times at Masjids and were active among students and in organising lectures but they were not members of Tabligh Jamaat. The point is that students & other Muslims can serve Islam without going on Jamaats. Tabligh Jamaat is just one of many ways in which people can preach Islam. I knew brothers who would always encourage others to be regular in Masjid and in attending lectures but none of them were members of the Jamaat.
No one is claiming work of tabligh is the only way. In fact, there are other ways of self reformation, for example, taking guidance from a qualified scholar on how to reform one self is also great way of rectification.

But, no one can deny this fact that who ever makes effort in the work of tabligh most likely will practice Islam in his life seriously. Once a Muslim spend time in jamat, it becomes hard for him to miss his salat or disobey any order of Allah. Any Masjid you go in the entire world, if there are brothers who went in jamat, then you will see them in salat 5 times a day inshaAllah. But, Yes, there are always exceptions.

So what does that tell us? If Muslims in mass scale did make the effort of dawah and tabligh, all our salat in the Masjids would become like Jummah salat. Even our Bangali brothers, who are "very" rarely seen in Masjids, change themselves after they spend time in jamat.

There is NO effort in the Muslim world that goes to the door of lost Muslims, requesting, begging them to come back to the practice of Islam, this is the effort of tabligh.
While there are many other type of effort of dawah, the kind of tabligh to go door to door, and all corners of the world is only in tabligh.
Old September 30, 2005, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
[i]

Do you study 24-7-365 days a year?
of course he doesn't. he wastes most of his time here :P

Edited on, September 30, 2005, 9:18 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.
Old September 30, 2005, 05:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Heh, thanks a lot ATMR

But really, student life is pretty hectic. Dawah bhai makes his point pretty clear, but I'm definitely not the type to go around sinning as he suggests many students do.

About the "parent's permission" thing. We are brought up to obey them, and that is a good thing. All of a sudden you want us to disobey them? Ultimately their intention is only for my own good.

But yes, there is no excuse for not trying your utmost for Allah. No matter what I say.