facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 30, 2005, 09:47 PM
Retired BC Admin

Default Taibu to join team in Bangladesh

Former Zimbabwe captain Tatenda Taibu is heading to Bangladesh to resume his cricket career. Taibu retired from international cricket last week in protest at the state of the game in Zimbabwe.

And the 22-year-old is due to leave the country on Sunday to play club cricket in Dhaka.

"I love my country and the only time I will leave is when I am going to play cricket," the wicket-keeper told Cricinfo.com.

But Taibu said he would return to international cricket provided certain changes were made.

He has called for the removal of Zimbabwe Cricket chairman Peter Chingoka and managing director Ozias Bvute

More from BBC >>

Old November 30, 2005, 09:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Ooooo how about we pick him up and give him citizenship?
Old November 30, 2005, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Must be a joke, BD national team is not a club team!
Why our national team should go after foreigners having many promising players are knocking on the door?

I welcome him to join our club cricket in Dhaka, some players may learn something form a international player.
Old November 30, 2005, 10:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Yeah we've been hearing the knocks for years now, but how many of them actually perform like him? I'd be more than happy if the grit and determination he possesses rubs off on his teammates in the domestic league.
Old November 30, 2005, 10:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Carte Blanche
Yeah we've been hearing the knocks for years now, but how many of them actually perform like him? I'd be more than happy if the grit and determination he possesses rubs off on his teammates in the domestic league.
Old November 30, 2005, 11:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Cricinfo's Taibu Interview
Old December 1, 2005, 01:16 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

I hope he never plays for Zimbabwe again. We don't want to create another Tikolo/Odumbe.
Old December 1, 2005, 01:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Thats sad for Zimbabwe Cricket and Taibu. But I think he will be picked up by English county teams. To be honest, I think he is better off in UK/Scottland/Ireland than Bangladesh.

Bangladesh league lost its lusture long back.. Gone are the days when players like Akram, Ranatunga, Afridi dominated dhaka league. Nowadays, its Tarek Mehmud, Johur Elahi etc.
Old December 1, 2005, 04:58 AM
Street Cricketer

Yeah your right. He is capable of playing in the English county and he could stick to some competitive cricket. Playing domestic cricket in Bangladesh..........well........its good for Bangladesh that these exclusive players will be playing in a club for us. The young gunns will take alot of experience from him.
Old December 1, 2005, 10:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

hmmm any idea which team he is going to play for?
Old December 1, 2005, 10:42 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Interesting news!
Old December 1, 2005, 11:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by sadi
hmmm any idea which team he is going to play for?
City Club
Old December 1, 2005, 11:42 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I am also shocked to see the news! It was totally unexpected!

However, if this trend continues and we can clinch in Heath Streak in our domestic league in the next season or the one after that - through Taibu, then it'll be good for Bangladesh cricket.

Will Taibu come for the whole tournament or just for a couple of matches to play for City Club?

Was Afridi the last recognized International cricketer to be played in domestic cricket in Bangladesh?
Old December 1, 2005, 11:56 AM
Cricket Legend

thats great.... however i feel bad for zimbabwe cricket... i want them to do well so that next time they come here, we can beat them again........after all zim and kenya are our only hope
Old December 1, 2005, 02:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Taibu will play for City Club in the Premier League. It has been confirmed by Reazuddin Al Mamun.

Source
Old December 1, 2005, 05:17 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by Carte Blanche
Thats one player I really would not mind having in bangladesh team. i've lots of respect for him. may be not as a player but some side coach or anything else.

he has this grit that i really would like to see in our players. almost all of them lacks it. so far in this whole time of bangladesh cricket i saw only 4 players who has this charactaristic, more or less.

they are not in any order,
khaled masud
manjarul rana
rajin saleh
khaled mahmud (yeah, yeah, i don't like him anymore either).

he can at least teach our players the mentality: "I'll overcome everything including all my limitations and all the opponent strengths with my hardwark and determination"

Edited on, December 1, 2005, 10:17 PM GMT, by Rubu.
Old December 1, 2005, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally posted by nasifkhan
Taibu will play for City Club in the Premier League. It has been confirmed by Reazuddin Al Mamun.

Source
nice. so he'll be scoring most of the runs in our domestic cricket. i hate it when a bideshi does that.

but then again, test players have a tradition of not doing all that great in the dhakaiya leagues, so there's still some hope.

practically, i don't see much of an advantage of having someone like taibu play for one of our clubs; and i'm not sure how effective he can be as a coach either. well, let's see - he's only twenty, and maybe we can get him to do stuff for us when he grows up, if we can keep him within our borders, i.e. (e.g. dudhia)

interesting news, this.
Old December 1, 2005, 08:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

Lots of players are coming to play crickets in our country and when it will be the other way I wonder !
Old December 1, 2005, 09:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by CricTiger
Lots of players are coming to play crickets in our country and when it will be the other way I wonder !
Yeah.. What is the benefit of playing in Bangladesh as opposed to say SL, Pak or India? Surely someone of his calibre could play in good clubs in those countries! Very interesting decision.
Old December 1, 2005, 10:33 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
Quote:
Originally posted by nasifkhan

Source
nice. so he'll be scoring most of the runs in our domestic cricket. i hate it when a bideshi does that.

but then again, test players have a tradition of not doing all that great in the dhakaiya leagues, so there's still some hope.

practically, i don't see much of an advantage of having someone like taibu play for one of our clubs; and i'm not sure how effective he can be as a coach either. well, let's see - he's only twenty, and maybe we can get him to do stuff for us when he grows up, if we can keep him within our borders, i.e. (e.g. dudhia)

interesting news, this.
From what we have seen on last series, he gives our players a run for their money. Means, playing against him is challenging, thus good for our players. They will gain experience, sharpen their skill.

It is always good for our players to play against quality players.
Old December 2, 2005, 10:50 AM
CricInfo Editor

Tatenda Taibu quote today:

"Iím only going there [Bangladesh] for a month because I am sure things will get sorted. I will then come back [to Zimbabwe] and reconsider my position."
Old December 2, 2005, 10:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Welcome back Mr. Martin,
Taibu's complaint was against Peter Chingoka, Ozias Bvute, Themba Mliswa, Tavengwa Mukuhlani. If he returns in one month then obviously these folks will no longer be associated with Zim Cricket at that time. Please share if you know something in details.

Edited on, December 2, 2005, 4:00 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Old December 2, 2005, 01:33 PM
Cricket Legend

I think i read something in cricinfo where they said zimbabwe govt already kicked them out of their position.
Old December 2, 2005, 01:44 PM
CricInfo Editor

Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Taibu's complaint was against Peter Chingoka, Ozias Bvute, Themba Mliswa, Tavengwa Mukuhlani. If he returns in one month then obviously these folks will no longer be associated with Zim Cricket at that time. Please share if you know something in details.

Edited on, December 2, 2005, 4:00 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Things are moving at a pace and it is likely that there will be significant developments in the next week to ten days. Taibu has made it clear that he will return to the fold as soon as the leadership goes - they are still there but insiders doubt that will last long - and expect him to head home if that happens while he is in Bangladesh. Rather than retiring from internationalc ricket, this should be viewed as a brief interlude.
Old December 2, 2005, 03:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by fab
Quote:
Originally posted by CricTiger
Yeah.. What is the benefit of playing in Bangladesh as opposed to say SL, Pak or India? Surely someone of his calibre could play in good clubs in those countries! Very interesting decision.

A quick buck or two, I suppose. Its more likely that an International will bring better results to his hiring team in the Dhaka league. And hence people are ready to spend that money.

The question is.....is this a win-win situation for all ?