facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old December 20, 2005, 02:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Asian Cup Qualifier vs Pakistan

Will any Bangladesh TV channel telecast the matches against Pakistan at home and in Pakistan? If so, will Bangaldeshlive or any other Internet source be available for those of us living so far away? The matches are on Dec. 22 and 25.
Old December 20, 2005, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

soccer, right?
Old December 20, 2005, 03:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Yes, soccer!
Old December 20, 2005, 06:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Pakistani team said there is no revenge factor working for them... only bhai bhai khela....

-- good try brother.
Old December 21, 2005, 12:52 AM

The way BD played against India in last match was such low standard and painful to watch, so does bangla commentary. Totally sucks! Even if we qualified for Asia cup, BD will still concede 8-0 to Japan, korea or Iran. I don't see any improvement since 80s.
Old December 21, 2005, 03:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I do hope we beat Pakistan......Our players are definitely more skillful than the Pakistanis....Lets keep our fingers crossed...Cheers...
Old December 21, 2005, 03:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi
Default Pak in Bangladesh for Asian cup qualifier

Joy ready to start anew
Bangladesh, Pakistan meet in Asia Cup qualifier today
Sports Reporter

Bangladesh will take today's Asia Cup qualifying play-off match against Pakistan as an opportunity to erase their final disappointment against India in the SAFF Championship in Karachi last week.

The battered and bruised boys of Argentine coach Diego Cruciani who returned home on Tuesday night from Pakistan will also be out to prove that their meek surrender to India in a 2-0 defeat on Saturday was one of those rare bad days.

The match kicks off at 4pm at the Bangabandhu National Stadium.

"Honestly speaking, our team morale was shattered after the final debacle. So, it is a challenge for us to beat Pakistan again like we did in the SAFF Championship semifinals and get back the rhythm," said Bangladesh captain Arif Khan Joy at a press conference yesterday.

"It is impossible to erase the bitter memories, but we can still find some solace if we can win tomorrow's match against Pakistan," said the midfield workhorse.

Bangladesh eliminated Pakistan in the second semifinal with a solitary goal victory but this time they need a better result before travelling back to Karachi for the return leg on December 26.

Cruciani, who had earlier said that his boys had gone through an absolute 'bad day' in the final against India, once again dismissed that his team was a choker. The Argentine however admitted that the whole team collapsed under pressure while playing four games inside a week.

"We played our worst game in the SAFF final and India played their best match but I hope my boys will bounce back against Pakistan tomorrow. I still believe the players have improved a lot in recent times," said Cruciani.

The 42-year-old admitted that he only understood after the final disaster that none of his charges was mentally strong enough like a Latin American player and that's why they failed to play their natural game under pressure.

"It was a mistake that I thought the Bangladeshi players were mentally tough like the players of my country but now I understand that I need a lot of work to do on this area. I promise you that you will see a different Bangladesh team after one year. It is not easy to get accustomed to the beautiful Latin-style of football but they are learning it quickly," he said.

Cruciani also promised that he would present a vibrant new batch in the national team before the AFC Challenge Cup trophy in Bangladesh next March.

While Bangladesh exuded confidence to win the home leg, Pakistan manager UF Tariq Lutfi considered it as a rare international exposure for his experienced team.

"In Pakistan football is coming up and right at the moment we need more international exposure. We also did not fare badly against Bangladesh in the SAFF semifinal. Had there been a bit of luck the result could been different," said Lutfi.

But Lutif praised Bangladesh's performance in the Championship.

"Except for the final, Bangladesh played brilliant and entertaining football in the tournament and they are a better side than Pakistan," he added.

Bangladesh and Pakistan, the two lower ranked Asian nations, are going through the pre-qualifying phase after 25 teams made entries for 24 qualifying slots.

TEAMS
BANGLADESH: Aminul, Biplob, Rajani, Sujan, Nazrul, Hasan Al Mamun, Mustafa Parvez, Faisal Ahmed, Titoo, Arman, Joy, Matiur Munna, Abul, Arman Aziz, Kanchan, Farhad, Emily, Alfaz, Ujjal and Tipu.

PAKISTAN: Naveed Akram, Mahmood Khan, Safi Ullah, Abdul Aziz, Adool Ahmed, Arif Mehmood, Arif Mashelh, Imran Hssain, Muhammad Imran, Jaffar Khan, Tanveer Ahmed, Muhammad Essa, Samar Ishaq, Imran Niazi, Farooq Shah, Zaih Hameed, Farhan and Shaheed.

Source: The daily star

How will bangladesh do??
Old December 21, 2005, 03:57 PM
Cricket Legend

I guess its a duplicate thread..... didn't realize there is another one... sorry about that
Old December 21, 2005, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
I promise you that you will see a different Bangladesh team after one year.
*sigh* ei kotha je koto shunlam....

well at least he admits that he made a mistake and is looking to improve on that.
Old December 21, 2005, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

so any updates on live telecast? is it going to be on btv? if so, then will bdlive broadcast it as well?

by the way, i was also wondering...say we win this round (i don't remember the last time we had such an easy opponent) - what next? how many more hurdles do we have to cross to qualify to the AFC?
Old December 21, 2005, 04:52 PM
Cricket Legend

I don't have a good feeling about this match.... it seems like our players are really shattered by the loss... hopefully they will recover...
Old December 21, 2005, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

yeah, looks like so...although they shouldn't be. it was just a bad day - just another match. they should leave it behind them and move ahead. they came in second, and played good soccer all throughout, except for the last one. it is not something that has changed the world. they should understand that focussing on the AFC qualifiers is more important ATM.
Old December 21, 2005, 05:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

I might sound like a traitor. But i want Bangladesh to lose these matches. They dont deserve to win after what i have seen in the SAFF final. It was a shocking match not because of the result, it was the ugliest football ever. My eyes are still aching from the pain of that ugly football.
Old December 22, 2005, 06:14 AM
First Class Cricketer

Live on bangladeshlive.net.
Old December 22, 2005, 08:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

I tried earlier but did nto see anything except regular NTV programs. So what is the result, if anyone knows it?
Old December 22, 2005, 08:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

OK, I got the result that it was 0-0.
Old December 22, 2005, 09:39 AM
Cricket Legend

wow.... that means bangladesh have to win in pakistan to go to asian cup.....
Old December 22, 2005, 09:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

no 1-1 draw will see us through. actually any draw other than 0-0 will be in our favor.

Conceding a goal at home is looked down upon, lol.

Edited on, December 22, 2005, 2:50 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Old December 22, 2005, 10:51 AM
Cricket Legend

oh yeah true..... what if its another 0-0 draw? penalty shootout??
Old December 22, 2005, 11:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally posted by sadi
what if its another 0-0 draw?
All I know is if the second leg is also 0-0 then both team sucks. None of them deserve to go to the next round. The next round opponent should get a bye in that case and save all of us the embarrasement.
Old December 22, 2005, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

wow. that was a disappointment. 0-0 draw? hopeless.
Old December 22, 2005, 02:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Quote:
Originally posted by sadi
what if its another 0-0 draw?
All I know is if the second leg is also 0-0 then both team sucks. None of them deserve to go to the next round. The next round opponent should get a bye in that case and save all of us the embarrasement.
haha... that would be funny... :P
Old December 23, 2005, 12:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Actually, this is just like a playoff to determine who gos to the next round of qualifiers. Even winning the next match wont mean we go to the Asian cup. However, we if we do go to the next round we should get exposure against quality Asian sides
Old December 23, 2005, 09:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

I am really looking forward for the next match against pakistan, hopefully bangladesh will win by 2-0 mergin. because we need to show the pakistanis that we can beat them over and over again. To tell you the truth the pakis are really jealous of us, and they really think that they are better than us. I figured that out after reading some of the articles from paki news papers.

Edited on, December 26, 2005, 1:19 PM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: mod.content. Removed all bold.
Old December 27, 2005, 10:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman

by the way, i was also wondering...say we win this round (i don't remember the last time we had such an easy opponent) - what next? how many more hurdles do we have to cross to qualify to the AFC?
Bangladesh will be drawn into a four team group and after playing each other, the top two teams will qualify for the AFC Asian Cup 2007.

Btw, Australia will also be playing in the Asian qualifiers for the first time.